ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR qualifying date falls on the visa expiry date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reynold.Cruziah
Newly Registered

PR qualifying date falls on the visa expiry date

Post by Reynold.Cruziah » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 am

Hi. This is my first post seeking for some basic advice. My query might have been answered earlier but unfortunately I couldn’t find it quickly and apologies in advance if asking you to repeat the advice. Iam from India working here in UK under work permit 5yr visa for a university registered with the Home Office.
My visa is valid from 15-12- 2005 to 15-12-2010 and I arrived into this country on 12th of January 2006. I now understand that I qualify to make an PR application 28 days prior to my 5 yrs completion date which will be 15th December 2010. This is very close to my visa expiry date and I am really worried and confused whether to apply for an visa extension before applying for PR. Any advice, experiences are welcome from members who would have gone through similar situation. Also if Iam applying for the visa extension or PR do I and/or my wife( dependent) need to take the English test as per the new law ?.

Many Thanks in advance!!

Reynold

foxy

Post by foxy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm

As long as you have valid leave to remain on the date you make your application, you should be fine. Just keep proof of posting, photocopy of envelope etc. to be on the safe side in case there are queries.

Better still if you can get an appointment at a PEO on the 15th, that way you're sorted on the day. Just make sure you have all required documents so you're not asked to come back. If they refuse you, I think you're given leave to appeal anyway.

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

hi there
in terms of applying for ILR, i would suggest two options. first try and get appt on the day if possible to apply in person. if not just send your application on the post on the day and make sure you keep all receipts just in-case you have to show later.

Reynold.Cruziah
Newly Registered

Many Thanks

Post by Reynold.Cruziah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am

Many Thanks for the quick replies.Do i need to take English test when applying PR.Ignore me if Iam copletely stupid here.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 am

KOL required for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.