ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my wife's ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goodwill
Newly Registered

my wife's ILR

Post by goodwill » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:27 am

I came in the uk in 2006 under hsmp which is now (Tier 1 General) then later on got further extension under High court (Judicial Review).Now i have nearly completed my four years and i am due for my ILR in a months time.

My wife has recently joined me as my dependant (Tier 1 General partner) visa. i was wondering can she apply at the same time as me as my dependant to get her Permanent
status along with me or she has to wait for 2 years.Her total recent leave is for 18 months.

also does she need to write the life in uk test

and are there any other documents required for her to be on the
same application

Yours faithfully,

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:11 pm

According to the judiciary review your dependent can qualify under the old rules as well so your wife should be able to apply at the same time as you. She does not need LIUK but there is time for her study then there is no harm doing it now cause she will need it anyway if in the future she applies for naturalisation

goodwill
Newly Registered

Post by goodwill » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:38 am

thanks for your help

yes thats right. i confirmed it with home office and they said she dont need to complete her additional period. I can put her on the same ilr applicaiton form.

cheers mate

goodwill

goodwill
Newly Registered

Post by goodwill » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:17 pm

today me and wife got ilr

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Excellent stuff. Congrats to you and your wife

goodwill
Newly Registered

Post by goodwill » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 am

thanks mate

I have another question.if we both claim anykind of benefits.would it effect on naturalization in the future.my wife is here since 7 months she doesn't have national insurance and she is pregnant can she claim any benefit?

and most important is i am eligible next year for citizenship can she apply with me or she has to complete five

cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 am

You'll be eligible for naturalisation on/after 02-Aug-11 (one year after ILR), unless issued a back-dated ILR.

As for your wife:
1. She may be eligible to naturalise as spouse of British citizen after completing 3 years in the UK (assuming you'll be a British citizen at the time of her application).
Or
2. Your wife may apply for naturalisation (on her own merit) after completing 5 years in the UK.

regards

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 am

Normally when you enter the UK and you have immigration restictions placed on you , there will be an anotation in your passport ''no recourse to public funds''.
When you get your ILR you are free from immigration control so your visa will not have this anotation.
So now you are able to claim benefits but it is advisble for your wife to get a National Insurance number and then claim at the DWP.
Claiming benefits will have no effect on your naturalization