ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied 28 days before and Success???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Syed_n
Newly Registered

Applied 28 days before and Success???

Post by Syed_n » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi All

Is there anybody who have applied for ILR before 28 days of visa expiry and remain successful (applied either by post or in person).

Please share your experiences!

lal
Newly Registered

Post by lal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi sayed,

Application will be refused if you send the application more than 28 days before the end of qualifying period.

I have booked an appointment in person. This is within 28 days. I mean one week before the end of qualifying period. I do believe this is the right time.

Lal

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Found this here...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

If you entered the UK with a visa several weeks or more after the date from which it was valid for use, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the relevant qualifying period.

Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will have to pay again when reapplying.