ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa- Before getting a job in UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tot

Dependent Visa- Before getting a job in UK?

Post by tot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all the members of this forum as without this platform lot of candidates would have had faced rejections, otherwise. :)

My Tier1 -general has been stamped for 2 yrs & I am now planning my wife to also accompany me together.

Situation :
-Wife is pregnant by 5 months, hence wish not to make her travel delay or alone.
-Wife's sister & brother in law already reside in UK now for more than 3 yrs.
-I myself now have a Tier1 visa for 2 yrs.
-Plan to get a job by 1st week of sep.

Ques:
1. What would be better for spouse...?
a) Apply for a visitors visa as of now & join her sister & later after 6months switch to tier1 dependent. If done, WILL she have to fly back to India to switch to dependent or will she be able to switch being in UK.

b) Apply for a dependent visa...the problem is that we have a joint account in which we have maintained funds upto 4lakhs INR. Now I have shown around 2.5Lakhs for my Tier1. But will my wife be also able to show the remaining funds that is 1.5Lakhs for the dependent visa? I am not sure that the 1.5Lakhs is maintained consistently over 3months period.

2. What is the amount of maintenance funds & the min required period it to be in the bank for visitors visa?

Thanks in advance.

-tot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 pm

IIRC, not long ago, there was a post on the forum mentioning refusal of visitor EC application by a Tier 1 (General) dependent ... so tread carefully if intending to take this route.

Since you are in home country, as per policy guidance you'll need 2800 (self) + 1600 (for each dependent) as maintenance funds.

This said, there are members who have posted their personal experience that only funds for dependent(s) should be enough to get a dependent visa when applying separately (i.e. - main migrant doesn't need to show 2800 for self at the time of dependent application). And there are some others who have posted that they have been refused for the same reason. Therefore, it is difficult to say if the successes have been due to ignorance of the caseworker or whether refusals have been due to wrong interpretation of the guidelines by the caseworker.

It is your risk and the decision has to be yours. You may wish to base your decision on other peoples' experiences and risk your dependent's application or follow what the guidance says and eliminate any risk whatsoever. For you to decide!

regards