ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport with 4 EUFAM 5years stamp.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Buzz

lost passport with 4 EUFAM 5years stamp.

Post by Buzz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi,
I lost my passport with 4 EUFAM 5 year stamp on it, but i still have my GNIB card. i have reported it lost at the Gardai station and i have got the gardai report. the passport i can replace at my embassy, but the 5year stamp i dont know how to go about replacing it. would i have to apply for EU1 application all over again any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

hi

Post by IQU » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 pm

no you dont have to apply for eu1 form.i hope you still have the photocopies of your passport.so you should go to yours country mission mean embassy apply for passport.when you have new passport make sure bring the lost passport gardai report to gnib with your new passport and eu treaty residence card issuing letter and gnib card.you will get the new stamp in your new passport.dont be panic relax. :)

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 pm

That s correct, but u may be ask to come along with your wife.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:24 am

Thank goodness you are not in the UK, you would have damned the day you set foot on UK soil, as you certainly would have had to go through the agony of applying again, and having to wait for at list 6 months, and if lucky you will get approved, provide there are no restrictive measures in place by then.

Thankfully, the Irish are a bit kind and flexible.

I argee with both the two previous contributors.

Go to GNIB, with your wife and your replaced passport, and the residence card with be issued with the original validity.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks i will start by visiting my emmbassy