ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused and worried about Tier 1 Dependant Visa Rjection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunal parikh

confused and worried about Tier 1 Dependant Visa Rjection

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi

My wife's dependant visa has been refused on the grounds that the authenticating stamp on the marriage certificate was of poor quality. Besides we did not put any wedding photos as VFS people has said its not required.

ECO also has mentioned that:
"As evidence of your marriage, you have provided a document that purports to be a marriage registration certificate. The authenticating stamp from the marriage registration officer is of very poor quality. Such documentation is very readily availbale in India and taken in isolation does not satisfy me that you and your sponsor are married as stated. You have not submitted any wedding photos or any corroborative evidence of a subsisting realationship before or since. the marriage certificate you have submitted is the sole evidence that you are in a relationship with your sponsor. This leads to me to double that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C(II)of the immirgration rules.consequently I am not satisfied that this relationship is subsisting or that you intend to live together in the UK, as required by paragraph 319C (d) and (e) of the Immigration Rules."

We did court marriage on 21st june and put up file on 22nd june i think this has definately raised the concern about the genunitiy of the marriage. However, we were given full right of appeal.

We have already personally handed over the appeal in Bombay on 27th July 2010. We have put all the evidences about the engagment pics..wedding photos...reception invitation card of 29th june....along with payment receipt with all the photographs and itiemised call list of calls i made from UK along with SKYPE call history

My Question we have lodged the appeal on 27th July 2010 and we still waiting for the acknowledgement. Does it take that long for the acknowledgement??? I am really hoping ECM will overeturn the decision after going through all these evidences...what are the chances?

Could you someone please guide about the timeline? also share their experience if somebody has seen that in the past please...

Sorry for the long post...will really appreciate your help

Thanks
Kunal

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Sorry, just wanted to make sure I got this right, you said you did court marriage on 21st June and the marriage certificate shows the date of 21st/22nd June.

Now, you've submitted the wedding reception card dated 29th June.
I am not sure but hope this is not picked by ECM unless you have mentioned about circumstances prevailing to your conditions in letter with appeal.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

We did the court marriage 21st June 2010 only and certificate is showing the same date only. My wife is from Nasik so we have shown that the marriage is done on 21st and followed different ceremony at Nasik and Ahmedabad according to family tradition of both family.

Reception was held on 29th June 2010. I think this is in line.

Please advise

Thanks
Kunal

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 am

The appeal process can last anywhere between 1 month to 6 months! and even when the appeal is granted (if) it will take some weeks before local BHC will ask your dependent to submit passport for EC stamping.

So .... be patient!

regards

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi Sabhi..

thanks for your reply..have received the acknowledgement letter today from ukba bombay...

Do you think ECO will overreturn the decision in this case? has anybody seen this kind of cases before? i m sure there are many rejections due to this force marriage scam...

Pls help

thanks

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

Re: confused and worried about Tier 1 Dependant Visa Rjectio

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:50 pm

kunal parikh wrote:Hi

My wife's dependant visa has been refused on the grounds that the authenticating stamp on the marriage certificate was of poor quality. Besides we did not put any wedding photos as VFS people has said its not required.

ECO also has mentioned that:
"As evidence of your marriage, you have provided a document that purports to be a marriage registration certificate. The authenticating stamp from the marriage registration officer is of very poor quality. Such documentation is very readily availbale in India and taken in isolation does not satisfy me that you and your sponsor are married as stated. You have not submitted any wedding photos or any corroborative evidence of a subsisting realationship before or since. the marriage certificate you have submitted is the sole evidence that you are in a relationship with your sponsor. This leads to me to double that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C(II)of the immirgration rules.consequently I am not satisfied that this relationship is subsisting or that you intend to live together in the UK, as required by paragraph 319C (d) and (e) of the Immigration Rules."

We did court marriage on 21st june and put up file on 22nd june i think this has definately raised the concern about the genunitiy of the marriage. However, we were given full right of appeal.

We have already personally handed over the appeal in Bombay on 27th July 2010. We have put all the evidences about the engagment pics..wedding photos...reception invitation card of 29th june....along with payment receipt with all the photographs and itiemised call list of calls i made from UK along with SKYPE call history

My Question we have lodged the appeal on 27th July 2010 and we still waiting for the acknowledgement. Does it take that long for the acknowledgement??? I am really hoping ECM will overeturn the decision after going through all these evidences...what are the chances?

Could you someone please guide about the timeline? also share their experience if somebody has seen that in the past please...

Sorry for the long post...will really appreciate your help

Thanks
Kunal
I am in a same situation my friend. I need your help urgently. Please let me know your contact details. Thanks,
Zameer
07554422595/ zameer.h@gmail.com