ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ehmud555

Email delay

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

I tried e-mailing them last week on that e-mail you lot had put up, but haven't received a single reply as yet.

How long do they normally reply back to e-mails in general?

I just asked them an update on my spouse visa application

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Email delay

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26 pm

ehmud555 wrote:I tried e-mailing them last week on that e-mail you lot had put up, but haven't received a single reply as yet.

Good option is get yours MP involved.This would accelerate things a bit.

They normally reply within 2 weeks time.

Ali

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
ehmud555 wrote:I tried e-mailing them last week on that e-mail you lot had put up, but haven't received a single reply as yet.

Good option is get yours MP involved.This would accelerate things a bit.

They normally reply within 2 weeks time.

Ali

My 12 weeks will be up next week, then I will get the MP involved. But I've tried e-mailing them, and they haven't responded.

The BHC says 12 weeks is minimum, which means it could take longer than that too, and the way things seem to be going at the moment, longer seems to be quite real.

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Anyone who applied around the 26th of May, have they heard anything yet?

For me the employer hasn't even been contacted yet, don't know what the delay is for

SHAHZAD1204
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD1204 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

I applied on the 17.05.10 ain't heard nothing yet.i think that we are going to find sum news in about 5 weeks time.just after ramzan, the reason why im saying this is they are going to take sum holidays due to ramzan,then this is going to cause more delay.

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:56 pm

SHAHZAD1204 wrote:I applied on the 17.05.10 ain't heard nothing yet.i think that we are going to find sum news in about 5 weeks time.just after ramzan, the reason why im saying this is they are going to take sum holidays due to ramzan,then this is going to cause more delay.

I hope they don't delay it for that long, it's a harsh enough wait as it is, and waiting for another 5 weeks in addition to the 12 weeks is just frustrating.

Have a look at this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8174267.stm

Seems like even our Rockstars' having trouble travelling to the U.K.

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 pm

i sent an email last night and got a reply this morning.

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 pm

SHAHZAD1204 wrote:I applied on the 17.05.10 ain't heard nothing yet.i think that we are going to find sum news in about 5 weeks time.just after ramzan, the reason why im saying this is they are going to take sum holidays due to ramzan,then this is going to cause more delay.
no i doubt that very much as the processing office is in UK and Dubai. Here in the UK we never holiday.

So the application centres in Pakistan will still be open as business doesn't stop in ramzan as far as am aware.

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:21 pm

tellmenow wrote:

Really? What's the e-mail you used? Will try it again tonight!

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 pm

i applied 24th may.no word yet.did receive an email from them again saying wait until the 12 weeks are up.going to try again next week and get the MP on them!

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Timeline:

Submitted on 06/05/10
employer recieved call on 29/06/10
decision made on 06/07/10

tellmenow wrote:mashallah seems like very positive news. whats your time line for application, place of application, employer contact and mp contact.

zmk2 wrote:Salam ALL,

I received a letter from my MP today

"Thank you for contacting my office.

I have been in touch with the UK Border Agency and they have informed me that your wife was issued a Visa and Call Out letter was sent to her to collect her documents.

I am very pleased to be sending you good news"

I am Just more worried now. I just want to see the visa stamped as that will guarantee my wife got the visa. Lets hope the MP didnt get it wrong.
The wait is driving me crazy. May ALLAH give us all patience. May ALLAH make it easy for every1.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Salam Batleykhan,

We submitted our passport so why would they send out a call letter, Hope everything is ok. May ALLAH make it easy for every1. We submitted all the documents.

batleykhan wrote:The call letter is sent out by Fedex in Pakistan when they have recieved your doics back from London.

It will ask you to bring your passport, TB certificate and the date that you want to travel to UK, so they can stamp visa. make sure though your TB certificate is valid as some have been refused till they provide valid ones. TB certificate are normally valid for 6 months.

I think the visa will be issued that is why your MP has conveyed this message to you and his glad tidings :lol:
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 pm

zmk2 wrote:Salam Batleykhan,

We submitted our passport so why would they send out a call letter, Hope everything is ok. May ALLAH make it easy for every1. We submitted all the documents.

batleykhan wrote:The call letter is sent out by Fedex in Pakistan when they have recieved your doics back from London.

It will ask you to bring your passport, TB certificate and the date that you want to travel to UK, so they can stamp visa. make sure though your TB certificate is valid as some have been refused till they provide valid ones. TB certificate are normally valid for 6 months.

I think the visa will be issued that is why your MP has conveyed this message to you and his glad tidings :lol:
Are you saying you submitted passport without any call letter?

Did you received any call to submit passport?

Ali

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

ehmud555 wrote:
tellmenow wrote:

UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gsi.gov.uk

that's the address i sent it to

make sure you don't go on and on, be brief and to the point e.g. I would like an update on the application status,

include the following with your query

Applicant Name:
Date Of Birth:
Reference Number:
Passport Number:

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm

We submitted the passport with the application. We haven't received the call letter. the Mp said we should receive a call out letter when they enquired.
alikhan28 wrote:
zmk2 wrote:Salam Batleykhan,

Are you saying you submitted passport without any call letter?

Did you received any call to submit passport?

Ali
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Does any1 now the direct number for BHC islamabad. so that i can contact them.
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 pm

ZMK

You cant contact the BHC in Islamabad.Its shut to public.

If you are inquiring about your passport its at the offices of Gerrys Fedex ( where you handed in your application).

I have just relaised that you wont get a call letter but instead a phone call to say come in and collect your visa and documents as I assume the BHC already has your passport.

You only get a call in letter if you have been refused and were handed all your docs back, but then you appealed and you won your appeal and you have to take your passport back in so they can stamp it.

You should wait a week or 10 days to recieve phone call from Fedex . If not then you can contact them here and enquire about your spouse visa
http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 pm

batleykhan wrote:ZMK

You cant contact the BHC in Islamabad.Its shut to public.

If you are inquiring about your passport its at the offices of Gerrys Fedex ( where you handed in your application).

I have just relaised that you wont get a call letter but instead a phone call to say come in and collect your visa and documents as I assume the BHC already has your passport.

You only get a call in letter if you have been refused and were handed all your docs back, but then you appealed and you won your appeal and you have to take your passport back in so they can stamp it.

You should wait a week or 10 days to recieve phone call from Fedex . If not then you can contact them here and enquire about your spouse visa
http://www.ukvacpk.com/contactus.aspx
Gerry's now have a contact number that can be used from the U.K - 0871-7043005.

I had to wait about 10 minutes when i rang them this morning. They asked me for my my wifes app ref no. and d.o.b and basically told me what is says on the tracker.
The guy said that as soon as the doc's come back from the BHC islamabad they will automatically send out a text and the status will change on the tracker.

hope that helps.
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 am

tellmenow wrote:
ehmud555 wrote:
tellmenow wrote:

make sure you don't go on and on, be brief and to the point e.g. I would like an update on the application status,

Applicant Name:
Date Of Birth:
Reference Number:
Passport Number:

Thank's a bunch mate, I've sent an e-mail to that address, hope it reaches them this time.

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:43 am

alikhan28 wrote:
khalid83 wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:
khalid83 wrote:Salaam to all,

In near future i am going to apply for my wife settlement visa. I have a question. I live with my parents and they are receiving housing benefit. I am registered with them and the council is deducting money from my parents because i live with them and i have an income. In total the council is deducting £45 a week. Now my question is, can i sponsor my wife whilst living with my parents who are on housing benefit?
I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you,
Yours parents are receiving benefits has nothing to do with yours application as they are not yours sponsors.Money is deducting from yours parents account so irrelevant to yours situation.

You simply need a letter from yours parents that they welcome yours daughter in law to live there and accommodation is acquate.

You also need evidence that yours parents own that house i.e title deeds and title plan.

Ali
Thanks Ali,

My parents are renting the property and they are claiming housing benefit. Council is deducting money from them as i am working full time. They don't own the house. Is it gonna create a problem for me or not, that is all i want to know.

thanks
Are they private tenant or council tenant?

I dont belive you have should have any problems with that.

But you need sufficient evidence o prove that accommodation is acquate.

Salaam Ali,

My parents are private tenants and they are receiving housing benefit from the council. I have a double bedroom with on suit. What prove do i need that the accommodation is acquate?

thanks for your help.

Ali

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:16 am

ehmud555 wrote:
tellmenow wrote:
ehmud555 wrote:
tellmenow wrote:

Applicant Name:
Date Of Birth:
Reference Number:
Passport Number:

Thank's a bunch mate, I've sent an e-mail to that address, hope it reaches them this time.
any response yet?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 pm

khalid83 wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:
khalid83 wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:
Yours parents are receiving benefits has nothing to do with yours application as they are not yours sponsors.Money is deducting from yours parents account so irrelevant to yours situation.

You simply need a letter from yours parents that they welcome yours daughter in law to live there and accommodation is acquate.

You also need evidence that yours parents own that house i.e title deeds and title plan.

Ali
Thanks Ali,

My parents are renting the property and they are claiming housing benefit. Council is deducting money from them as i am working full time. They don't own the house. Is it gonna create a problem for me or not, that is all i want to know.

thanks
Are they private tenant or council tenant?

I dont belive you have should have any problems with that.

But you need sufficient evidence o prove that accommodation is acquate.

Salaam Ali,

My parents are private tenants and they are receiving housing benefit from the council. I have a double bedroom with on suit. What prove do i need that the accommodation is acquate?

thanks for your help.

Ali
You need
yours parents permission letter
Their Tenancy agreement
House inspection report from council or estate agent(Would cost £50 to 100 from estate agent).
House pictures with exact measure with house photos.
Council tax and utility bills.
Election electrol( optional)

Ali

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Will all people stop pasting a lot of unneccesary parts of other peoples post in their own post as all this is taking up a lot of the neccesary space on our Server, which we could ill affford to do.

Also if you wish to chat and ask something personal, then send a PM rather than posting it here

PLEASE TRY AND AVOID USING THIS FORUM AS A CHAT ROOM :x

Anybody who breaches this will be banned. I am sorry if anybody feels offended by this but it is in the best interest of this forum and all of you who choose to use it. :roll:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Khan Bhai

Nearly everybody is doing this so you are going to ban us all for this.

Anyway get yours point. :lol:

Ali

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Aoa

i wrote to my mp with all the details on the 7 of july except the date of birth and his secretory replied back to contact them after 20 working days .now today was 20 working days and they wrote to us i mean the mp that home office is asking for d.o.b,refrence no and nationality.all of this i had supplied except the d.o.b.i resent all the details and was told to wait again till there is response from the home office.The problem is as i understand ,it differs from region to region how helpful the mp is.emailing in my opinion the bhc is useless as they do reply but do not expedite the process.Iam a pro at it having been stuck with this problem for the last 2 years and learning by hit and trial.
if wishes were horses beggars would ride them ,i wish i had hit this forum earlier on and would have learned so much from it.

Allah Hafiz.
Maryam