ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Government unfair to Spouse of Irish National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

assbc

Irish Government unfair to Spouse of Irish National

Post by assbc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Why would non-EU Spouse of EU has free movement within EU countries and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU be given 5 yrs residency and non-EU Spouse of Irish has only 1 yr or less.?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU has indefinite stay after 5 yrs of marriage and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would EU treaty be for non-EU Spouse of EU and not for non-EU spouse of Irish?
I think the Irish government is so unfair to spouse of Irish.
I pray God should touch the heart of Irish Government so they can pass a bill that would favor Non-EU Spouse of and Irish.

IQU
Diamond Member

HIIIIIIIIII

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 pm

non eu spouse of irish can apply for irish citizenship after 3 year .but not eu spouse of eu cannt apply after 3 year.non eu spouse of irish can get stamp 4 in inis office straight away .but non eu spouse of eu have to wait more than 6 months during that period if eu spouse lost the job.applications is turn down straight away.during this period non eu spouse cant work in ireland because he will only get stamp3 .

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 am

you missed a few

Why would non-EU Spouse of EU have family reunification rights and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU have protection from deportation from Ireland, and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU have protection in the case of death of EU citizen, but non-EU Spouse of Irish has not ?
Why would non-EU Spouse of Irish Public servant not need to meet residency conditions, but non-EU Spouse of Ordinary Irish does ?
Why would other EU countries grant full equality to its own citizens, and Ireland not ?

more at
http://irelandsreversediscrimination.wo ... 0/02/20/1/

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 am

Out of interest, how does the UK deal with non EU spouses married to their citizens, where EU law does not apply?

As seen in the case of R v Mahmood, it does not infringe Article 8 of ECHR

Matters such as length of relationship, legal status at time of marriage, whether there are children all are allowed to be considered here.

I must say, though, what I am concerned about it the inconsistencies as to the results. Some being granted status and some not, despite being weaker cases. You won't get too many sympathatic people about this matter where a non eu spouse is on a status of anything less than a stamp 2, and no sympathy where one has applied and refused asylum and being granted a deportation order and then marries. - still, the Minister has that decision, and has still granted residency, though is inconsistent.

As the EU spouse is expected not to be an unreasonable burden to the
state and economically viable or insured, surely it is correct to expect a similar enough situation for irish - non eu citizen relationship. As for bringing other family members into Ireland, are you taking the piss? WHo would you need to bring in? Your a bloody adult, you did alright without your mammy and daddy before hand. can you even guarantee that they will not even claim a pension or health requirements? If I was living in the US I could not be expected to bring over my parents or brothers. The reality of the EU right is rather limited in practice anyway, it won't apply to everyone unless you got some money in the pocket

Why should a deportee, who has not been in the country, never mind in a proper relationship for a decent period, be allowed to side wind the asylum system and deporation procedures by then and only then decide to marry? In light of ECtHR case law that has on regular occassion, confirmed that a state is not obliged to respect the choice of a couples residency. If there is a genuine relationship fair enough or a child involved as least its an argueable case, but no way should the institution of marriage be hijacked in certain situations like this. The couple are on notice of the risks that the partner could be deported and if the spouse is not willing, in such eventualities, to relocate to be with the non eu spouse, (unless they are genuienly from dangerous countries) then they should not get married. Don't go whinging

Ye EU law saws different, but Ireland is not obliged to follow other states who have ended "reserve discrimination"

Its a matter of Irish law and not EU law. A matter which the Irish and only the Irish can seek to change, so far, it seems that its not a priority, though it should be determined by statue law and not to the discretion of the minister. If the Irish citizen actually bothers to travel outside the 26 counties, then they can fall within EU law freemovement rules. It does take that much effort to move up north of the M1 for a few months if they are that bothered.

For all yer whinging, if an Irish person or British person etc married you, and went to live in your country, how would your country deal with that person's right to reside and continue practicing their culture and beliefs, and could they have a right to bring their own family over? If not, why?

You can always consider those countries who treat others the same as their own and see how far you get. Italy, by all accounts if very friendly to the foreigner :roll: you think the asylum boys get a rough time in ireland (they do in fairness) then you have not seen what goes on in Italy and Greece.

It is actually possible, for purpose of genuine discussion to actually obtain a data base outlining the nationalities and in particular the legal status of the non eu citizen at the time of marriage and in particular known data of couples that have been reported to no longer live together (this would be known by INIS during investigations, and renewal applications)

esharknz

Re: Irish Government unfair to Spouse of Irish National

Post by esharknz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 am

assbc wrote:Why would non-EU Spouse of EU has free movement within EU countries and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU be given 5 yrs residency and non-EU Spouse of Irish has only 1 yr or less.?
Why would non-EU Spouse of EU has indefinite stay after 5 yrs of marriage and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Why would EU treaty be for non-EU Spouse of EU and not for non-EU spouse of Irish?
I pray God should touch the heart of Irish Government so they can pass a bill that would favor Non-EU Spouse of and Irish.
Interestingly enough, I got given a 5 year stamp 4 based on marriage to an Irish national. The guard was reading something on his pin board to do with how spouses of Irish nationals are to be dealt with, and mumbling something about the Metock case and bringing Irish spouses into line with that. Could just be that I was lucky, and had been here on a green card prior to that. He'd also met my now husband a few times too!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Oh jesus, not this again.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 pm

esharknz wrote:
assbc wrote:Why would non-EU Spouse of EU has free movement within EU countries and non-EU Spouse of Irish has not?
Interestingly enough, I got given a 5 year stamp 4 based on marriage to an Irish national. The guard was reading something on his pin board to do with how spouses of Irish nationals are to be dealt with, and mumbling something about the Metock case and bringing Irish spouses into line with that. Could just be that I was lucky, and had been here on a green card prior to that. He'd also met my now husband a few times too!
some form of unity should occur. You have no idea, that some genuine relationships have been refused whilst some questionable short term relationships (even where both have deportation orders) have got it. Its unfair on the genuines.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:19 pm

walrusgumble wrote: some form of unity should occur. You have no idea, that some genuine relationships have been refused whilst some questionable short term relationships (even where both have deportation orders) have got it. Its unfair on the genuines.
I fully agree, this board and blogs can help with articulating the problems
and spreading information on rights. But the violations and unfairness
will continue to EU families and Irish families.
And in the world of Irish politics I don't see any champions for justice.
...so I just don't know...

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Post by Blueice2412 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm

esharknz wrote:

I'm a non eu spouse of an irish national and got also a 5 year stamp 4, so i think they changed the law now.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 am

They give you a one year stamp if you have no previous immigration record. That is if you have just arrived in Ireland and got married.

ojoge
Newly Registered

Enq

Post by ojoge » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Lost Soul wrote:They give you a one year stamp if you have no previous immigration record. That is if you have just arrived in Ireland and got married.

Let say you got 1 year, how many years will you be given after the expiry of 1year as an Irish spouse?

acme4242

Re: Enq

Post by acme4242 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 pm

ojoge wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:They give you a one year stamp if you have no previous immigration record. That is if you have just arrived in Ireland and got married.

Let say you got 1 year, how many years will you be given after the expiry of 1year as an Irish spouse?
Its at the discretion of the Guard. no harm to ask for 5-year.
as some people do get it.

A person I know got 1-year twice in a row, then asked for a 5-year,
the Guard agreed, but when he added 5 to 2009 he then stamped 2013.

fatty patty

Re: HIIIIIIIIII

Post by fatty patty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 pm

IQU wrote:non eu spouse of irish can apply for irish citizenship after 3 year .but not eu spouse of eu cannt apply after 3 year.non eu spouse of irish can get stamp 4 in inis office straight away .but non eu spouse of eu have to wait more than 6 months during that period if eu spouse lost the job.applications is turn down straight away.during this period non eu spouse cant work in ireland because he will only get stamp3 .

well dey wait 3 years but yet wait in line for 2 or more years to get nationality. eu national spouses are better off nowadays as dey wait 6 months on stamp 4 now and once six months passed dey get 5 years on da dot. but anyway lets not make dis an argument on who gets the most...there is no doubt irish spouses are most disadvantaged.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

As the EU spouse is expected not to be an unreasonable burden to the state and economically viable or insured, surely it is correct to expect a similar enough situation for irish - non eu citizen relationship. As for bringing other family members into Ireland, are you taking the piss? WHo would you need to bring in? Your a bloody adult, you did alright without your mammy and daddy before hand. can you even guarantee that they will not even claim a pension or health requirements? If I was living in the US I could not be expected to bring over my parents or brothers. The reality of the EU right is rather limited in practice anyway, it won't apply to everyone unless you got some money in the pocket

Its a matter of Irish law and not EU law. A matter which the Irish and only the Irish can seek to change, so far, it seems that its not a priority, though it should be determined by statue law and not to the discretion of the minister. If the Irish citizen actually bothers to travel outside the 26 counties, then they can fall within EU law freemovement rules. It does take that much effort to move up north of the M1 for a few months if they are that bothered.

you probably dont seem the need to bring your parents over if they are dependent on you but if others feels the need then they have the right to do so under EU law and should have the right to do so. Regarding claiming pensions and stuff thats part and parcel of the system. You also mentioned US ... more than half of my relative reside in US (either nationals/green card holders/married to US) and i see how the other family members get green card one after the other over there.

As far as Irish and Irish to decide is concerned...Ireland is part of the EU (thats news to me), if they enjoy any law in EU directive they gotta give back to others too which means free movement of family members non eu/eu shite this that and the other...you either in EU or out of it....its the as simple as that.
Last edited by fatty patty on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:37 pm

fatty patty wrote:As the EU spouse is expected not to be an unreasonable burden to the
state and economically viable or insured, surely it is correct to expect a similar enough situation for irish - non eu citizen relationship. As for bringing other family members into Ireland, are you taking the piss? WHo would you need to bring in? Your a bloody adult, you did alright without your mammy and daddy before hand. can you even guarantee that they will not even claim a pension or health requirements? If I was living in the US I could not be expected to bring over my parents or brothers. The reality of the EU right is rather limited in practice anyway, it won't apply to everyone unless you got some money in the pocket

Its a matter of Irish law and not EU law. A matter which the Irish and only the Irish can seek to change, so far, it seems that its not a priority, though it should be determined by statue law and not to the discretion of the minister. If the Irish citizen actually bothers to travel outside the

counties, then they can fall within EU law freemovement rules. It does take that much effort to move up north of the M1 for a few months if they are that bothered.

you probably dont seem the need to bring your parents over if they are dependent on you but if others feels the need then they have the right to do so under EU law and should have the right to do so. Regarding claiming pensions and stuff thats part and parcel of the system. You also mentioned US ... more than half of my relative reside in US (either nationals/green card holders/married to US) and i see how the other family members get green card one after the other over there.

As far as Irish and Irish to decide is concerned...Ireland is part of the EU (thats news to me), if they enjoy any law in EU directive they gotta give back to others too which means free movement of family members non eu/eu shite this that and the other...you either in EU or out of it....its the as simple as that.

Are we referring to Irish law or EU law here? If so, which I was referring to (ie Irish law, dealing with Irish people who have yet to exercise their eu rights to free movement) then EU law is irrelevent.(i take it you have read the directive, rules on freedom of movement and rights of europe to dictate when they have no jurisdiction not too,)

If families are dependent, for most cases, they are send money home to them.

As for the States, you course you have family members in the states if they actually married a us citizen. you says that an non eu person would not be allowed to stay here if they marry an irish person? did they get green cards on their own basis or on the basis of their aunt, uncle etc? could you get one on the basis that your family are over there?

As for your last comment, maybe you should actaually look at when EU law actually is relevant in matters dealing soley with Irish law or any other eu country. Article 29 of the constitution is a start then, then have look at the treaties, you actually read when the directive 2004 actually kicks in along with Treaty provisions regarding freedom of movement. eu law does not, provided it does not infringe on eu matters, prevent states dealing with non eu nationals (who have no connection or relation with other eu nationals living in a host state) you may argue that other countries treat their citizens and other eu citizens residing in their country the same, but until the minister decides otherwise, the it does not apply here. eu citizens have more rights than irish citizens to family reunification. If your irish feel free to campaign to dail eireann about changing the rules.

It's not a matter of whether your in or out of europe! with regard to irish citizens not exercising the eu rights, is not a matter of eu law

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 am

walrusgumble wrote:
fatty patty wrote:As the EU spouse is expected not to be an unreasonable burden to the

Its a matter of Irish law and not EU law. A matter which the Irish and only the Irish can seek to change, so far, it seems that its not a priority, though it should be determined by statue law and not to the discretion of the minister. If the Irish citizen actually bothers to travel outside the

counties, then they can fall within EU law freemovement rules. It does take that much effort to move up north of the M1 for a few months if they are that bothered.

Are we referring to Irish law or EU law here? If so, which I was referring to (ie Irish law, dealing with Irish people who have yet to exercise their eu rights to free movement) then EU law is irrelevent.(i take it you have read the directive, rules on freedom of movement and rights of europe to dictate when they have no jurisdiction not too,)

If families are dependent, for most cases, they are send money home to them.

As for the States, you course you have family members in the states if they actually married a us citizen. you says that an non eu person would not be allowed to stay here if they marry an irish person? did they get green cards on their own basis or on the basis of their aunt, uncle etc? could you get one on the basis that your family are over there?

As for your last comment, maybe you should actaually look at when EU law actually is relevant in matters dealing soley with Irish law or any other eu country. Article 29 of the constitution is a start then, then have look at the treaties, you actually read when the directive 2004 actually kicks in along with Treaty provisions regarding freedom of movement. eu law does not, provided it does not infringe on eu matters, prevent states dealing with non eu nationals (who have no connection or relation with other eu nationals living in a host state) you may argue that other countries treat their citizens and other eu citizens residing in their country the same, but until the minister decides otherwise, the it does not apply here. eu citizens have more rights than irish citizens to family reunification. If your irish feel free to campaign to dail eireann about changing the rules.

It's not a matter of whether your in or out of europe! with regard to irish citizens not exercising the eu rights, is not a matter of eu law

The situation is....its terribly difficult to get even a stamp for yourself (whether your irish or eu spouse) let alone family members. what i said about US is that their system is pretty straightforward when it comes to extended family members (for e.g. dependent mom/dad/sisters/brothers). here it aint that easy...my grudge is why is it that so easy in the EU member states which Ireland is part of to get dependents in. Then the argument you gave is that its the matter for the Irish to decide which is valid i suppose....but to which i argue no it aint coz they are part of the wider brotherhood.

give you an e.g. on this...there you see DoJ sleazy tactics....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 04571.html

this above case is settled outside the courts by DoJ, if it wouldnt and had DoJ lost which i am sure they would've...all Irish citizens would've been receiving letters to get their dependent visa reapplied!!!

they know that they are doing something wrong there just like they were when issuing STAMP3 or 1 whichever it is to spouses of EU citizens while they waited out their cases.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:45 am

I presume you are referring to the European Union.
Well Ireland is one of the few within the EU who discriminate
against their own citizens.

Of course the Dept know what they are doing is wrong, but their
business is not justice and equality, that title is only lip-service.
They do however have a special exemption for Irish Public servants.

Its all so wrong, it will bite the group responsible someday for their
wrongdoing. messrs O'Donoghue, McDowell and Dermot Ahern.
All small-town bad minded solicitors.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 am

acme4242 wrote:I presume you are referring to the European Union.

how will it bite john o'donoughe & co ? he was the minister when there was little growth in immigration bar the refugees, sadly, I think there will be some Irish people who will think this lot did not do enough on this issue. Why is it getting personal? I have asked one to two questions about shouldn't the spouses consider a number of matters if they taught they would not get status, on another thread, interstingly (and not surprisingly), no one answered

What is your problem with Irish Public Servants?. It applies to those who are REQUIRED by their job, acting on BEHALF of the State to work in various parts of the world. Every country worth their salt has similar provisions. You lot doing this?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 pm

O'Donoghue, his lies and his high living expenses are his legacy
[url=http://www.gov.ie/committees-00/c-justice/001108/default.htm]John O'Donoghue[/url] wrote: The termination of the post-nuptial citizenship scheme will not adversely affect the situation of non-national spouses in terms, for example, of their joining their Irish spouses in this State. There are well established immigration procedures which secure the admission of non-national spouses of Irish nationals

The present immigration arrangements recognise the special position of non-national spouses of Irish citizens. Such spouses, regardless of their nationality, There are no immigration limitations operating to inhibit non-national spouses seeking to come to the State.

In the immigration and residence Bill which is being drafted in the Department at present to replace the entirely outdated and inadvisedly named Aliens Act and its associated orders with a modern and sensible code of immigration law, the immigration status of non-national spouses of Irish citizens will be reaffirmed.
[url=http://historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/D/0536/D.0536.200105220014.html]John O'Donoghue[/url] wrote: There is no good reason I, as an individual politician, would seek to put barriers in the way of genuine spouses of Irish citizens gaining citizenship. To do so would be an act of lunacy. I am trying to close off the potential for abuse which has been recognised by the Departments of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and Foreign Affairs over a number of years. I am not trying to put obstacles in anyone’s way. The termination of the post-nuptial citizenship scheme will not adversely affect the position of non-national spouses in terms of their joining their spouses in the State, nor will it adversely affect their right to work.
and a youtube clip showing his arrogance

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 pm

acme4242 wrote:O'Donoghue, his lies and his high living expenses are his legacy
[url=http://www.gov.ie/committees-00/c-justice/001108/default.htm]John O'Donoghue[/url] wrote: The termination of the post-nuptial citizenship scheme will not adversely affect the situation of non-national spouses in terms, for example, of their joining their Irish spouses in this State. There are well established immigration procedures which secure the admission of non-national spouses of Irish nationals

The present immigration arrangements recognise the special position of non-national spouses of Irish citizens. Such spouses, regardless of their nationality, There are no immigration limitations operating to inhibit non-national spouses seeking to come to the State.

In the immigration and residence Bill which is being drafted in the Department at present to replace the entirely outdated and inadvisedly named Aliens Act and its associated orders with a modern and sensible code of immigration law, the immigration status of non-national spouses of Irish citizens will be reaffirmed.
[url=http://historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/D/0536/D.0536.200105220014.html]John O'Donoghue[/url] wrote: There is no good reason I, as an individual politician, would seek to put barriers in the way of genuine spouses of Irish citizens gaining citizenship. To do so would be an act of lunacy. I am trying to close off the potential for abuse which has been recognised by the Departments of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and Foreign Affairs over a number of years. I am not trying to put obstacles in anyone’s way. The termination of the post-nuptial citizenship scheme will not adversely affect the position of non-national spouses in terms of their joining their spouses in the State, nor will it adversely affect their right to work.
You seem to have a difficulty telling the difference between being granted citizenship automatically and being granted residency, and an expectation that you must at least live here with wife before applying. Its not a huge requirement or obstacle is it? THere was nothing in that statement state stated that he was going to stop residency

Secondly, this state was said in or around 2000 - 2001, a time when the baby "boom" IBC is nearing its last legs. The new "student" industry (with mickey mouse courses, some of the owners whom have been shut down for dodgy business) was also starting to merge. Looking over to what was happening in the UK gave them plenty to be concerned with. Also, look at what happened under McDowell's time as Minister, in 2003, when there was a blatant abuse of immigration systems via a handy loophole in the ECJ case of Chen 2004, a matter which Ireland got a bollocking from other EU heads of State as we were seen as the back door to europe, whilst the others had progressively addressed the inward control of 3rd Nationals.

I must commend how you take that report out of context as well. The change of the laws were also influence by fact that numbers were living Ireland upon getting the citizenship and then moving over to eg UK, barely to be seen again, or heard of. Hardly swearing to remain here in good faith as required by the legislation now is it?

Its accpeted, O'Donohue was was not the best Minister and made a complete hammms of the immigration side of things, particularily the refugee act 1996 as amended by 1999. But to refer to the lies and high expenses is pretty f*cking retarded. They were all on the make, he was not the only one, it did not effect his ability to act as a minister dealing with THIS issue.

As for the youtube clip, he is the Ceann Comharile, it was disgraceful behaviour from the opposition in particular Enda Kenny, a man who can't even demand the full and absolute respect from his own party , the only time that prick ever look like he had balls (tiny ones albeit). Lawyers in a court room would not dare to treat a judge with such distain. Problem is, O'Donoghue in that clip, reacted like his nick name, and did so badly. I would not be surprised that the opposition had ambushed him, knowing his temper and knowing the publicity would be on him as new ceann comhairle.

Other than that, he was a chancer. Lies, though? I don't see him before the dail committees? You know something we don't know about?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 am

acme4242 wrote:I presume you are referring to the European Union.

where are you from? i am sure that your country completely never fails to discriminate their own people :roll:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 am

acme4242 wrote:
walrusgumble wrote: some form of unity should occur. You have no idea, that some genuine relationships have been refused whilst some questionable short term relationships (even where both have deportation orders) have got it. Its unfair on the genuines.
I fully agree, this board and blogs can help with articulating the problems
and spreading information on rights. But the violations and unfairness
will continue to EU families and Irish families.
And in the world of Irish politics I don't see any champions for justice.
...so I just don't know...
champions of justice? what country can boast that? irish people ain't whinging about immigration rights that is for sure, more to do with economic and social divisions and failure to bridge the gap during the good days. so leave that lark your hoping about out to justify your argument have a look how other countries actually treat non nationals. france with a simple piece of clothing? or italians treating asylum seekers like complete dirt and actually refusing them entry (sorry for all the people of the muslim faith, by referring to "simple", in this context it is not intended to offend)

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:24 am

walrusgumble wrote:

You seem to have a difficulty telling the difference between being granted citizenship automatically and being granted residency, and an expectation that you must at least live here with wife before applying. Its not a huge requirement or obstacle is it? THere was nothing in that statement state stated that he was going to stop residency

Secondly, this state was said in or around 2000 - 2001, a time when the baby "boom" IBC is nearing its last legs. The new "student" industry (with mickey mouse courses, some of the owners whom have been shut down for dodgy business) was also starting to merge. Looking over to what was happening in the UK gave them plenty to be concerned with. Also, look at what happened under McDowell's time as Minister, in 2003, when there was a blatant abuse of immigration systems via a handy loophole in the ECJ case of Chen 2004, a matter which Ireland got a bollocking from other EU heads of State as we were seen as the back door to europe, whilst the others had progressively addressed the inward control of 3rd Nationals.

I must commend how you take that report out of context as well. The change of the laws were also influence by fact that numbers were living Ireland upon getting the citizenship and then moving over to eg UK, barely to be seen again, or heard of. Hardly swearing to remain here in good faith as required by the legislation now is it?

Its accpeted, O'Donohue was was not the best Minister and made a complete hammms of the immigration side of things, particularily the refugee act 1996 as amended by 1999. But to refer to the lies and high expenses is pretty f*cking retarded. They were all on the make, he was not the only one, it did not effect his ability to act as a minister dealing with THIS issue.

As for the youtube clip, he is the Ceann Comharile, it was disgraceful behaviour from the opposition in particular Enda Kenny, a man who can't even demand the full and absolute respect from his own party , the only time that prick ever look like he had balls (tiny ones albeit). Lawyers in a court room would not dare to treat a judge with such distain. Problem is, O'Donoghue in that clip, reacted like his nick name, and did so badly. I would not be surprised that the opposition had ambushed him, knowing his temper and knowing the publicity would be on him as new ceann comhairle.

Other than that, he was a chancer. Lies, though? I don't see him before the dail committees? You know something we don't know about?

looks like you are on finna fail payroll man...this party full of crony muppets who reminds me of african/south asian corrupt politicians but difference is they are white and speaking english. atleast fine gael deputies has the balls to stand up to its leader if they think he is no good and lost confidence. what did finna fail do when Bertie screwing about with his tribunals and other corruption allegation? stayed silent. Bertie only resigned due to media/public pressure.

spouse of irish citizen should be entitled to irish citizenship after certain years full stop. Its not fair to see irish spouse and kids on one line and getting swished through while non irish spouse waiting till the airport closes to get out....try it it aint nice.

one thing is for sure....irish immigration system or infact really any public service institution aint proactive...they are reactive. act upon when they see others are acting upon and they copy UK system which is not a bad system but difference is here they copy it pretty badly.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 am

fatty patty wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

looks like you are on finna fail payroll man...this party full of crony muppets who reminds me of african/south asian corrupt politicians but difference is they are white and speaking english. atleast fine gael deputies has the balls to stand up to its leader if they think he is no good and lost confidence. what did finna fail do when Bertie screwing about with his tribunals and other corruption allegation? stayed silent. Bertie only resigned due to media/public pressure.

spouse of irish citizen should be entitled to irish citizenship after certain years full stop. Its not fair to see irish spouse and kids on one line and getting swished through while non irish spouse waiting till the airport closes to get out....try it it aint nice.

one thing is for sure....irish immigration system or infact really any public service institution aint proactive...they are reactive. act upon when they see others are acting upon and they copy UK system which is not a bad system but difference is here they copy it pretty badly.
Funny enough it does, but no sorry , I am not from Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael. However, I do have an undying hatered for Fine Gael - though this is not the basis of my response

The you tube reference would be equally applied if the ceann comhairle was a fine gaeler. Enda is a rubbish politican, regardless of the party, they are doing reasonably well, in spite of him.

THe person can't even read the conbtetx of what O'Donoghue was on about during those dail debates.

Its good to see that you have failed to make any decent substantive argument in relation to this. Fine Gael won't be much better on the immigration front, look out for Leo V. They are knee jerk reactionaries, conversative etc. No good talking, action is what counts. I see very few in the party (there are a number of good) one who will have the balls. any bollox can sound good when they are in opposition. were are their purposals now as oppose to waiting to unless them at elections and when they go into power. Not since the days of Charles J Haughey, does a person need to fear death, phone tapping etc unlike the african - asian politicans who refer to. incompetence is not corruption, its just bloody bad luck for the voters

By the way, its being a long time an irish politican had balls. following the mood of the people and the polls at all times does not mean you have balls. bringing in legislation etc against all public opinion but solely in the interest and good of the country which later turns out to work, thats balls.

But the comments made are groundless and or are irrelevant from an IMMIGRATION point of view. It does nothing to support one's arguement, its lazy and it tells an awful lot about the writer who is unable to use pieces of information within the context.

Unless you are really really really guilable and retarded, you might have realised that the recent leadership show down was a fix!!!!!! It was a great way of making Enda look like the all powerful mighty man. It worked for a few days. but then.../ you say they have balls, that supposed heave was a half arse attempt by a few power hungry and obviously not popular members of the party. If enda have balls he would have banished them to the back benches or forced them to resign ala haughey style. but no, enda wants power. Sure he can't even keep loose lips creighton quite.

THey are all the same, these parties, but you are delluding yourself to think that the fine gael party are anything. You clearly sound a wee bit ignorant to the power struggles and family in fighting with FG over the decades, which has crippled the party. I recommend you check out a very good documentary, made by Mint Productions (miriam O'Callaghan's group , a family at war or something)

Again, no body is actually saying that a spouse of an irish national is not entitled to citizenship! they are simply required to apply , like everyone else. They will be considered a lot more differently, and more favourably than other cases. Someone is protesting too much. They will have stamp 4 in the meantime. Any genuines would not be too bothered by it as they will be able to travel easily enough around europe with spouse. THey still get through the air port don't they? such inconvenience is not enough.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:56 am

Funny enough it does, but no sorry , I am not from Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael. However, I do have an undying hatered for Fine Gael - though this is not the basis of my response.
oh no its absolutely not.... :P