ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 refused, urgent help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Tier 4 refused, urgent help

Post by houman1979 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:59 am

Hi,

My friend applied for Tier 4 and for an english course. He obtained a certificate from an english institute that shows he completed an english course in intermediate level. The english school in London assessed this certificate as B1 and mentioned it in the CAS that according to their professional judgment the certificate is at B1 level.

Now, his visa refused and ECO said the below:
ECO Comment: You have claimed 30 points for a valid CAS; however the CAS does not contain the mandatory information as specified in the guidance. You are being admitted to follow a course leading to an English qualificationa at B2 level. In accordance with the published guidance, the CAS is required to show the student's English language ability was assessed to have reached the minimum required level of CEFR B1 listing instead a certification at intermediate level. The CAS does not provide the information. Therefore, you have not achieved 30 points under Appendix A and do not meet the requirements for entry clearance as a Tier 4 (General) student. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV (b) of the Immigration rule.

Interesting point is that it is said Points claimed 30, points awarded 30!!!

It is the sentence in CAS statement:
In our professional judgment the student is able to follow the course successfully based on the evidence of his present competence in English which we have seen, namely a B1 equivalent certificate of completing an intermediate course of English at XX English institute.

Is there any ground for admin review? I think ECO made a mistake and did not consider his certificate wrongly.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 pm

No Idea? He applied for admin review. But I want to know if there is any chance for him?