ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mantainance Funds - Application rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Mantainance Funds - Application rejected

Post by mandaardesai » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 am

Hi All,

My application has been rejected. I had applied on the 15th of July & claimed 95 points. The decision was made on the 29th of July 2010. I have been given points for all attributes except MF.

I had submitted bank statements which were not on the letter head of the bank & were from a dot matrix printer which were simply stamped & signed by a bank official. Post the application I couriered statements on the letter head & a supporting letter from the bank confirming Maintainence funds. They have not considered the couriered documents since they sent post the application date.

Please find below the exact notation of the ECO on the refusal letter.

"HDFC Bank Statements. According to the published guidance, these must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you have claimed. The statements you have submitted are not on the correct stationery & therefore these cannot be considered."

I plan to apply for an admin review & mentioned below is the content I have drafted for the same.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: 05th August 2010

To,
The Administrative Review Department
The British Deputy High Commission
Mumbai
Post Reference no. XXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is Mandaar Desai. I have recently been denied an Entry Clearance Visa for Tier 1 General visa application filed with the VFS Receipt # XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I believe the decision to refuse my entry clearance application may have been incorrect. There may be certain discrepancies and errors in my application review and I would like to request for an administrative review. Please find below a detailed clarification addressing all concerns put forth in my application.

I have claimed 10 points under �Maintenance Funds� section. The ECO has denied those points stating that �I have submitted HDFC Bank Statements which are not on the official bank stationery and therefore they cannot be considered�.

The following support documents submitted with the application verify my claims:
1. Certified electronic HDFC Bank Statements having offical seal of bank on each page, covering the claimed 90 days period from 01st April 2010 � 14th July 2010.
2. HDFC Bank Statements on headed paper (couriered seperately) after the application date (before the date of decision) covering the period 01st April 2010 � 21st July 2010.
3. HDFC Bank Letter on the offical headed paper (couriered seperately) after the application date (before the date of decision) confirming availblity of funds for the claimed period.

Clarifications:
1. For claimed period 01st April 2010 � 14th July 2010, I submitted certified HDFC electronic bank statements printed by me (applicant) with the official stamp of the bank and signature of the branch manager on every page. This was as per the published guidance which states the following:

Personal bank or building society statements:
These should clearly show:

your name;
your account number;
the date of the statement (dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application);
the financial institution�s name and logo;
transactions covering the three month period;
that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2800). The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank's letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points). If you wish to submit electronic bank statements from an on-line account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition you will need to provide a supporting letter from your bank, on company-headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. This must be dated no more than 1 month prior to the date of the application. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. The stamp should appear on every page of the statement. Statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day are not sufficient.

The link here:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/in...

It is mentioned that - Alternatively, the kind of statements I have sumbitted at the time of application will be accepted.

2. Additionaly the UKBA website also mentions the similar and is as follwing:

Accounts held with other banks
If you have a bank account that does not operate exclusively online but you receive your bank statements electronically and you wish to use these statements as evidence of funds for maintenance, you should provide:
� Electronic bank statements printed at the bank on their official stationary; or
� Electronic statements printed by the applicant and bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This stamp should appear on every page of the statements; or
� A supporting letter from the bank, on the banks company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements.

The link here:
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/ti...

Note: The statements for the period 1st April 2010 � 21st July 2010 from HDFC on their headed paper along with the letter were couriered at a later date. This was since these statements were requested from HDFC Bank and were suppose to arrive by post at a later date. As they were not available at the time of application, they were subsequently couriered (via post) on receiving them at the earliest. Ms. XXXXX at the B.D.H.C, Mumbai office, also confirmed the receipt of this courier when contacted over the phone
I am aware that as per guidelines no additional documents can be submitted with the administrative review. However, if considered, solely to verify previously submitted HDFC bank statement, please find attached a copy of the original bank statements and photocopy of the bank letter, which were also couriered to the B.D.H.C. Additionally, I am also attaching the receipt of the courier sent on the 22nd of July to the B.D.H.C.

Having provided all the above clarifications I humbly urge ECO to re-consider my application and grant me the points I deserve under �Maintenance Funds� section and thereby re-evaluating this application to my favour.

If you require any more documents or need to contact me directly, please feel free to email me at mandaardesai@yahoo.co.in or call my mobile at XXXXXXXXX

Thanking you.

Sincerely,

Mandaar Desai
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kindly let me know your views & suggestions.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:50 am

Perhaps also refer them to the House of Commons observations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Post by mandaardesai » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:22 am

clicked on the link for House of commons observations, it takes me to an page poated by you in IB.

Are there any guidelines documented seperately which are on an official website of the UK BA?

I am sorry, iam novice at this & may not not have quite understood your response. Please let me know if there are chances of the Admin Review going through?

iswarya
Newly Registered

Post by iswarya » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 am

Hi mandaardesai,

I have drafted a similar AR covering letter but the only info that i have added extra is that i have given my bank manager name, contact details - mobile, bank phone numbers, website....If you have any idea if we can provide the branch contact/manager contact info in the covering letter of the ARR.

Kindly advice asap, i have to apply for ARR before 2 weeks rom now.

Thanks
iswarya

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Post by mandaardesai » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:16 am

I am actually doubtfull about myself submitting extra docs in the AR. I joined this forum to gain info if it helps to add documents.

So ideally if extra docs do help in the AR, your suggestions will be an add on & may be used for verification.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am

vinny wrote:Perhaps also refer them to the House of Commons observations.
8 Administrative review
Last edited by vinny on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Re: Mantainance Funds - Application rejected

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 pm

mandaardesai wrote: I had submitted bank statements which were not on the letter head of the bank & were from a dot matrix printer which were simply stamped & signed by a bank official.
See also maintaince fund...

rushiparikh
Newly Registered

Post by rushiparikh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 pm

to mandaardesai:

you have nothing to worry if ur going as per guidlines.. there seems to be a loophole in the Policy Guidance as we've disocvered specially regd. the bank-statements which are sent for review along with our applications.

They do mention that such electronic bank statements with offical stamp of bank in question on every page are accepted. I dont know why a lot of applications are rejected on the basis of statements, where on all rejections they always mention that the statements are not in line with the policy guidance. If read closely, it clearly mentions whats accepted and whats not.

Even on the refusal to entry clearance letter.. the reason for refusal is always mentioned as by stating the first part of the policy guidance which describes what kind of statements are accepted. But i believe, if looked at closely and read properly as they've written it.. most refusals like yours shoud be overturned in the admin review. It just matters how you put your case forward and I believe my friend -the way you've put it through makes a lot of sence..

Good Luck, even the best of them need it!!

rushiparikh
Newly Registered

Post by rushiparikh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:53 pm

My wife's got her refusal overturned in her AR.. Check out the link for more info..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61396

My AR is in process as i write to you right now. hoping since mine and my wife's case was almost similar, mine would also get overturned.. keeping my finger's crossed!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:40 am

rushiparikh wrote:My wife's got her refusal overturned in her AR.. Check out the link for more info..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61396

My AR is in process as i write to you right now. hoping since mine and my wife's case was almost similar, mine would also get overturned.. keeping my finger's crossed!!
Why did you delete the info?

vinny

Re: Mantainance Funds - Application rejected

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 am

mandaardesai wrote:Hi All,

My application has been rejected. I had applied on the 15th of July & claimed 95 points. The decision was made on the 29th of July 2010. I have been given points for all attributes except MF.

I had submitted bank statements which were not on the letter head of the bank & were from a dot matrix printer which were simply stamped & signed by a bank official. Post the application I couriered statements on the letter head & a supporting letter from the bank confirming Maintainence funds. They have not considered the couriered documents since they sent post the application date.

Please find below the exact notation of the ECO on the refusal letter.

"HDFC Bank Statements. According to the published guidance, these must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you have claimed. The statements you have submitted are not on the correct stationery & therefore these cannot be considered."

I plan to apply for an admin review & mentioned below is the content I have drafted for the same.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: 05th August 2010

To,
The Administrative Review Department
The British Deputy High Commission
Mumbai
Post Reference no. XXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is Mandaar Desai. I have recently been denied an Entry Clearance Visa for Tier 1 General visa application filed with the VFS Receipt # XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I believe the decision to refuse my entry clearance application may have been incorrect. There may be certain discrepancies and errors in my application review and I would like to request for an administrative review. Please find below a detailed clarification addressing all concerns put forth in my application.

I have claimed 10 points under �Maintenance Funds� section. The ECO has denied those points stating that �I have submitted HDFC Bank Statements which are not on the official bank stationery and therefore they cannot be considered�.

The following support documents submitted with the application verify my claims:
1. Certified electronic HDFC Bank Statements having offical seal of bank on each page, covering the claimed 90 days period from 01st April 2010 � 14th July 2010.
2. HDFC Bank Statements on headed paper (couriered seperately) after the application date (before the date of decision) covering the period 01st April 2010 � 21st July 2010.
3. HDFC Bank Letter on the offical headed paper (couriered seperately) after the application date (before the date of decision) confirming availblity of funds for the claimed period.

Clarifications:
1. For claimed period 01st April 2010 � 14th July 2010, I submitted certified HDFC electronic bank statements printed by me (applicant) with the official stamp of the bank and signature of the branch manager on every page. This was as per the published guidance which states the following:

Personal bank or building society statements:
These should clearly show:

your name;
your account number;
the date of the statement (dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application);
the financial institution�s name and logo;
transactions covering the three month period;
that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2800). The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank's letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points). If you wish to submit electronic bank statements from an on-line account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition you will need to provide a supporting letter from your bank, on company-headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. This must be dated no more than 1 month prior to the date of the application. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. The stamp should appear on every page of the statement. Statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day are not sufficient.

The link here:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/in...

It is mentioned that - Alternatively, the kind of statements I have sumbitted at the time of application will be accepted.

2. Additionaly the UKBA website also mentions the similar and is as follwing:

Accounts held with other banks
If you have a bank account that does not operate exclusively online but you receive your bank statements electronically and you wish to use these statements as evidence of funds for maintenance, you should provide:
� Electronic bank statements printed at the bank on their official stationary; or
� Electronic statements printed by the applicant and bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This stamp should appear on every page of the statements; or
� A supporting letter from the bank, on the banks company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements.

The link here:
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/ti...

Note: The statements for the period 1st April 2010 � 21st July 2010 from HDFC on their headed paper along with the letter were couriered at a later date. This was since these statements were requested from HDFC Bank and were suppose to arrive by post at a later date. As they were not available at the time of application, they were subsequently couriered (via post) on receiving them at the earliest. Ms. XXXXX at the B.D.H.C, Mumbai office, also confirmed the receipt of this courier when contacted over the phone
I am aware that as per guidelines no additional documents can be submitted with the administrative review. However, if considered, solely to verify previously submitted HDFC bank statement, please find attached a copy of the original bank statements and photocopy of the bank letter, which were also couriered to the B.D.H.C. Additionally, I am also attaching the receipt of the courier sent on the 22nd of July to the B.D.H.C.

Having provided all the above clarifications I humbly urge ECO to re-consider my application and grant me the points I deserve under �Maintenance Funds� section and thereby re-evaluating this application to my favour.

If you require any more documents or need to contact me directly, please feel free to email me at mandaardesai@yahoo.co.in or call my mobile at XXXXXXXXX

Thanking you.

Sincerely,

Mandaar Desai
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kindly let me know your views & suggestions.
I think that it's a good letter, especially with links to the guidance. Unfortunately, they do not work. Can you fix the above links?

See also Refused 4 Entry clearance 4 Bank stationary with Bank Letter.

futureperfect
Newly Registered

Post by futureperfect » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 am

@mandaardesai

How can you say that the statement was printed by you (applicant) when it was printed at the Bank using bank dot matrix printer.

It would be interesting to see the result of your AR...

Rachna Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Rachna Shah » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Could you please let us know what was the outcome of your AR?

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Post by mandaardesai » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 pm

it was rejected :-(

Rachna Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Rachna Shah » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I am sorry to hear that. Do you know the reason why it was rejected?

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Post by mandaardesai » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 am

all paperwork has to as per policy guidance. DO NOT DEVIATE!!!

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 am

Mandar,

Can you please let us know how much time it took for the AR process after you sent the application of AR?
Thanks,
Sumit.

mandaardesai
Newly Registered

Post by mandaardesai » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am

14 working days.