ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Bank Account with Third Party for Tier 4 Maintenance

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

quadophile
Newly Registered

Joint Bank Account with Third Party for Tier 4 Maintenance

Post by quadophile » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:02 am

I have joint bank account with my uncle (Fathers Friend) and we both are signatory of that account.

I Need your help on maintenance funds for Tier-4 General.The confusing point is when filling Visa form, i saw (6.18 Do you have money in your own name?) YES OR NO OR (Have money in own and parent / legal guardians bank account. - Go to question 6.19).Then further it asks for authority letter from guardian or parent to use funds and proof of relationship.

Iam very confuse in filling this field....should i cross money in my own name and just attach letter of consent from my uncle or i need to cross legal guardian and attach letter of consent and guardianship certificate ?What option should i choose ? Please suggest.

Reference from UKBA website for joint bank statement.

Quote from: UKBA

If you want to use a joint account as proof of your money, you must be named on the account along with at least one other person.

It's on UKBA's site. Go to the section titled "Evidence of money that is available to you - acceptable documents"
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... nce/money/#

So it doesn't sound like you'll need to show your relationship to the jointee - all they need to see is your name on the account.

What you People Think about that ?

Need your earliest favorable response in this matter.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 am

Hi,

You have money in your account and according to guidances there wont be any problem and you should say that you have money in your own account.

Regards