ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help to complete SET (o) Section 5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lal
Newly Registered

I need help to complete SET (o) Section 5

Post by lal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:25 am

Hi,

I bought a house in joint ownership with my wife. SET(o) section 5 (5.2) asks, do you or partner pay mortgage for your home? Yes, sometimes she pays in cash into my bank account. Her name doesn't reflect in the statement. We don't have joint bank accounts.
Sub section 5.4 ask, does your partner regularly give you money? I have not received money regularly from her into my bank accounts. I am wondering if UKBA analyse the income and expenditure and make decision.

The fact is that my wife pays utility bill oftenly. Sometimes paid by credit card where as sometimes by debit card and sometime as cash from post office. I pay mortgage from my accounts.

Do I need to submit my wife's income and bank statement too? or can I show only half mortgage as this is in joint liabilities? How do I complete that section?

Your advice would be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Lal

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:42 pm

It dependents on the category you are applying for. UKBA wants to know if you have access to money to pay mortgage and if not where its coming from.
Best wishes

lal
Newly Registered

Post by lal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:55 am

Dear Gidoc,

This is SET (O) Excluding long residency category. Just I am wondering that my wife deposits some time in cash which is not seen in the bank statements. But UKBA may need the evidence.

To receive cash from my wife is always accessible. To pay mortgage I don't have problem yet but if UKBA assumes technically that only the main applicant should have sufficent money to run all the expenses then my income could be shorter. Practically, I and my wife share the expenses just in some points it does not appear physically.

Could you elaborate your reply pls?

Other friends and moderator could you pls throw some ideas and experiences? I will be indebted to you if you will share with me.

Regards,
Lal

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

Lal,

i think you should be fine as UKBA looks on the credibility of the primary applicant. I was in same situation but i did not declare any financials for for my wife..If you have enough income, it should be fine.. on the cash transactations i really cannot comment.....
lal wrote:Dear Gidoc,

This is SET (O) Excluding long residency category. Just I am wondering that my wife deposits some time in cash which is not seen in the bank statements. But UKBA may need the evidence.

To receive cash from my wife is always accessible. To pay mortgage I don't have problem yet but if UKBA assumes technically that only the main applicant should have sufficent money to run all the expenses then my income could be shorter. Practically, I and my wife share the expenses just in some points it does not appear physically.

Could you elaborate your reply pls?

Other friends and moderator could you pls throw some ideas and experiences? I will be indebted to you if you will share with me.

Regards,
Lal