ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - application date query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deanoboy
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - application date query

Post by Deanoboy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi there,

I was granted ILR via HSMP JR on the 20 Jan 2010 (thanks muchly to everyone on this forum for their help!) and I understand that I need to have ILR for 12 months before applying for naturalisation.

I know for the ILR however you can make your application up to one month before your "qualification" date. Is it the same for naturalisation? Can I apply for naturalisation on the 21 Dec 2010?

Also, I will have been out of the country 100 days out of the last 12 months by that point. The guidance says that absences up to and including 100 will be disregarded - has anyone had experience of this and have found this to be true?

Either way, I'll make sure I was physically be in the country 5 years before whenever I apply.

Many thanks, in advance.

vinny

Re: Naturalisation - application date query

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Deanoboy wrote:I know for the ILR however you can make your application up to one month before your "qualification" date. Is it the same for naturalisation? Can I apply for naturalisation on the 21 Dec 2010?
No, not the same.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.