ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking advantage of Legacy Programme after returning back

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meha

Taking advantage of Legacy Programme after returning back

Post by meha » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:36 am

I first came to UK in 1997 and claimed political asylum. My asylum application was refused in Jan 2000 and asylum appeal refused in 2001. I had an outstanding Human Right Appeal before I returned back voluntarily in Aug 2002 and I withdrew the Human Right Appeal. I came back to the U.K. 2 months later on a student visa. Finished my PhD degree and switched on a Work Permit visa in Aug 2007. In Nov 2009 I switched to Tier 1 (General) visa.
My question: Can I take advantage of the Legacy Programme?
I have been told by a solicitor that he can win ILR for me within the Legacy Programme.
Is there any case that has been granted after returning back to the U.K.? Is there a similar case?
I know I can apply for ILR in Aug 2012 but I want to speed things up if I could. I have been living here for nearly 13 years and I am tired.

Many thanks,

Mehmet

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 pm

but you have already said you have ILR?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#374430

Do you or don't you?

meha

Post by meha » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Sorry that enquiry was about someone else who had a difficult situation.
I do not have ILR. My present immigration status is as described in this post.

Sorry about the confusion.

Any suggestion on the Legacy Programme capacity?