ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 pm

nobby wrote:
rashidawan wrote:Updated timelines so far:

Application Posted: 03/04/2010
Payment Taken on: 06/04/2010
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 16/04/2010 with Date on: 06/04/2010

Received my passport back on 16/07/2010 asking to sign on the Main page as it was a new passport and my Signature was missing. I signed it and posted it back on the same day.

Wait start again:).

As suggested, waiting with Patience which I have plenty.

Thanks
hi rashidawan, i know 2 people who have recieved a letter asking for more paperwork, wage slips and childs birth certificate, both recieved their respective visas within a week of sending on more documentation, so chin up , i think your close to recieving yours,,,, :D
Yes, I am already chilling. got my passport back today, please check my previous message.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 pm

nobby wrote:hi rashidawan, i know 2 people who have recieved a letter asking for more paperwork, wage slips and childs birth certificate, both recieved their respective visas within a week of sending on more documentation, so chin up , i think your close to recieving yours,,,, :D
rashidawan wrote:Received passport on 23/07/2010 with Date of issue 13/07/2010.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 pm

rashidawan wrote:Received mine and my family passports back today with ILR stamps.

Updated timelines are:

Case: HSMP 1 yr + 4 Yrs + ILR(J)
Application Posted: 03/04/2010
Payment Taken on: 06/04/2010
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 16/04/2010 with Date on: 06/04/2010

Received my passport back on 16/07/2010 asking to sign on the Main page as it was a new passport and my Signature was missing. I signed it and posted it back on the same day.

Received passport on 23/07/2010 with Date of issue 13/07/2010.

Obviously it is a relief but a couple of comments.

1. I do not think it is worth it to submit your case by post regardless how strong or weak your case is. It is much less hassle to go yourself and pay some extra money to get the same day service.
2. Even though I was eligible for ILR in March 2010, I got my visa stamped on 13/07/2010 which means I have to wait 4 more months before applying for my passport. Is there any way I can get this back dated or is it the penalty of submitting my passport through post?

Good Luck to all!!

Thanks
Sorry I confused the issue regarding the back dated letter. I got a letter saying my visa restriction was over in March, which I beleive i can show while submitting my application for citizenship.

yakovnewman
Newly Registered

Post by yakovnewman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi to ever one,
yesterday i received my passport with ILR stamped on it.I applied on 19 th of april under HSMP JR and got my passport back in just over three months. I attached four P60s,three banks statments,three pay slips and a letter from my employer.
I would like to thanks to evey one on this forum for the information and guidance.

Thanks

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am

Hi All,
Nearly 8 weeks now, still no letter from HO, solicitor says we have no rights up until 14 weeks has gone to ask for the letter to confirm documents received, HO help desk also advised recorded delivery number is a replacement for acknowledgment letter. Strange not a big issue to send another one if previous is lost some where. Considering we paying 880 GBP.

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 pm

hi all, 18 weeks today and still not a whisper,fingers crossed and living in hope that it comes this week, cant understand why the partner of the application has to surrender their passport for so long what would happen if they needed it for work , ie pilot/ stewardess, buisness meetings in other countries, would one have to go without work for all that time,

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:01 am

nobby wrote:hi all, 18 weeks today and still not a whisper,fingers crossed and living in hope that it comes this week, cant understand why the partner of the application has to surrender their passport for so long what would happen if they needed it for work , ie pilot/ stewardess, buisness meetings in other countries, would one have to go without work for all that time,
Guess this is why they offering premium (same day) service 1K+ something like that.

Maverick007
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick007 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi ALL, :o

I have been watching this space and waiting for my passport from past 3 months... Today i have eventually received my passports with ILr stamp.

Application Posted: 17/04/2010 (ILr Jr)
Passport Stamped:19/07/2010 with a letter confirming restrictions lifted from 3 may 2010.

Many thanks to everyone who shared their experience , i have done my bit.

Good luck :lol:

Cheers

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:36 pm

terlen wrote:
nobby wrote:hi all, 18 weeks today and still not a whisper,fingers crossed and living in hope that it comes this week, cant understand why the partner of the application has to surrender their passport for so long what would happen if they needed it for work , ie pilot/ stewardess, buisness meetings in other countries, would one have to go without work for all that time,
Guess this is why they offering premium (same day) service 1K+ something like that.
yes i so wish i had taken the premium service now, but at the time i thought 18 weeks before we both have 6 weeks holiday from work was more than enough time as the feedback i was getting from people we knew who had applied for set M a few months previous had received theirs in 8 to 9 weeks. :( :?

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 am

I know mate,
I wish I had gone for premium also. 8 weeks now, no even letter of acknowledgment. Called HO, was told not to bother until 14 weeks gone since application received. So I guess we have no choice but to wait.
Hope you will get your's soon.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 am

terlen wrote:I know mate,
I wish I had gone for premium also. 8 weeks now, no even letter of acknowledgment. Called HO, was told not to bother until 14 weeks gone since application received. So I guess we have no choice but to wait.
No use lamenting something you could never have. You're not eligible for the same day premium service. You're a 10 year app right? That service was removed for 10 year applicants in Jan 2010. :roll:
Please note due to personal circumstances I am no longer unable to reply to Private Messages.

ronaldo9r9
Newly Registered

Post by ronaldo9r9 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

I applied for ILR for my wife a year ago 26/07/2009 got reply from HO in 21/07/2010. They said in letter they are not accepting esol certificate because its not prescribed by immigration law. Now they want my wife to do esol or life in the uk test and reply to them within a month. My wifes passport expired while they were making decision in 08/08/2009. I don't know what to do in this short time HO have given me.

terlen
Newly Registered

Post by terlen » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
No use lamenting something you could never have. You're not eligible for the same day premium service. You're a 10 year app right? That service was removed for 10 year applicants in Jan 2010. :roll:
"lameting" lol.
Why don't you just go back to the threat which was locked due to people like you. Solicitor who submited documets for me to HO told me I was eligible for premium service.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:28 pm

terlen wrote:
kiwigirl25 wrote:
"lameting" lol.
Why don't you just go back to the threat which was locked due to people like you. Solicitor who submited documets for me to HO told me I was eligible for premium service.
I'm sorry I don't understand why I deserved that. I thought you applied under the 10 year basis and was simply stating that 10 year applications are no longer eligible for premium service. Therefore if you were a 10 year applicant you can't regret something that could never be. If I was wrong then simply say so, no need to attack me. Could you explain what was so upsetting about my post?

I also don't understand your comment "why don't you go back to the threat which was locked due to people like me". I was nothing but civil to you under that thread. If I remember correctly it was you that was involved in one of the fights that led to the lock.

You've come across as a nasty individual and have let yourself down. Would you have spoken to me in this manner in real life or would we have had a civil discussion in order to resolve the matter? It's easy to hide behind a computer screen and take your anger out on strangers isn't it? But at the end of the day I'm a real person and you never know if we will meet in real life so treat me and others with this in mind. However if you choose to continue to act like this and you will find people increasingly unwilling to help you.

blackgent0306
Newly Registered

Post by blackgent0306 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 am

Partner sent her passport as a dep of a British citizen on 2 year spouse visa.

Doc sent 7th June
Payment taken 10 June
Ackw letter 12th June
ILR issued 2nd July

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:12 pm

blackgent0306 wrote:Partner sent her passport as a dep of a British citizen on 2 year spouse visa.

Doc sent 7th June
Payment taken 10 June
Ackw letter 12th June
ILR issued 2nd July
WOW, thats excellent,,,extra fast time there.. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm

hi everyone,,, here we are again, 19 weeks today still waiting, i dont understand this at all, how some people can get in 4 weeks amazes me and worries me at the same time,, :( :?

blackgent0306
Newly Registered

Post by blackgent0306 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:45 pm

hi everyone,,, here we are again, 19 weeks today still waiting, i dont understand this at all, how some people can get in 4 weeks amazes me and worries me at the same time,, Sad Confused

ON WHAT BASIS DID U APPLY?

nobby
Newly Registered

Post by nobby » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 am

blackgent0306 wrote:hi everyone,,, here we are again, 19 weeks today still waiting, i dont understand this at all, how some people can get in 4 weeks amazes me and worries me at the same time,, Sad Confused

ON WHAT BASIS DID U APPLY?
set (m)... spouse of a british citizen ... same as you mate, and theirs many more of us in same position if you read into this forum

ksdhaliwal
Newly Registered

Finally got it

Post by ksdhaliwal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Well... after weeks of stress ... finally got it..

Here are the facts for your knowledge

Qualified under HSMP (JR) 3 + 1 year . Applied for myself and my wife.

Application submitted 20th May
Money taken 21st May
Acknowledgment received 24th May.
Passport and Docs received 4th August (ILR stamped on 27th July at Sheffield)

Happy Smile

Murat
Newly Registered

Anybody else still waiting for ILR HSMP JR

Post by Murat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Just an update

Send my application HSMP JR (1+3) on 25 /12/2009 (2 dependents)
Confirmation received on 29/12/2009

And waiting since then..

Contacted HO phone line many times but same answer.. Send a fax, a letter but not a response..

Had to cancel my holiday, can't apply for new jobs since they ask for visa apporval and doesn't sound good when you say waiting for ILR for 8 months..

Both my and my wife's passports expired last month as it delayed more than 6 months. I don't know if that will cause any problem..

Recently send a letter to local MP. If I do not get anything by the end of this month I will witdrawn my application and will use preimum service..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Anybody else still waiting for ILR HSMP JR

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Murat wrote: If I do not get anything by the end of this month I will witdrawn my application and will use preimum service..
Don't take this route if your current leave has expired.

regards

Murat
Newly Registered

Post by Murat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:19 pm

My current leave expires in January 2011 but my passport has a validity date on it so I need to renew it when I get it back. When I sent my application it was still valid but now it expired. I can extend it simply visiting my country's consulate here in London and do it in one day but my worry is since it is not valid anymore will they send all my application back and tell me "OOpps sorry but your passport is not valid, please extend it and send it us again"..

RoosterNZ
Newly Registered

My Own Experience

Post by RoosterNZ » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Got Onfirmation Letter 27/07/10

Visa Grated 02/08/10

I happen to think this is incredibly fast, and can't in all honesty tell you why it happened like this but I am really good looking, so maybe it had somethign to do with my photo's??

J/K's lol

Kia Kaha to all those still waiting, and hope everyone else gets thiers through soon

( providing, you are not breaking any laws to get your Visa, cause I probly shouldn't support that )

Murat
Newly Registered

Post by Murat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:32 pm

RoosterNZ congratulations mate..
If you could also tell us where your visa was issued and under which category you apllied that would be useful.. Assuming that you got it that fast you should have applied under either SET (Z) or SET(Y) category and visa must have been issued either in Kent or Hull !!!