ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Approval Scheme

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panicking
Newly Registered

Certificate of Approval Scheme

Post by panicking » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if any1 has any info on the Certificate Of Approval Scheme? I have researched this on the internet but i dont think it is explained very well or mayb my brain is just frazzled!!!!

Any help is really appreciated.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Certificate of Approval Scheme

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:51 pm

panicking wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if any1 has any info on the Certificate Of Approval Scheme? I have researched this on the internet but i dont think it is explained very well or mayb my brain is just frazzled!!!!

Any help is really appreciated.
What exactly do you need to know regarding the COA?

misswilliams
Newly Registered

Post by misswilliams » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi Panicking,

I think I saw and replied to a post of yours on the other thread.

You need a Cerificate of Approval to marry if you are already in the United Kingdom, and you don't yet have settled status. You can download the form and it is very straightforward. There is no fee for this either. You then present it to the registrar at a designated register office to give notice of your forthcoming marriage.

They try to issue COA's within 4 weeks. It's just a formality, and you will be granted it, so no need to worry.

Hope that helps.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Ah yes I've seen your last post. If your fiance is coming on a fiance visa, there is no need for a certificate of approval.

laraj
Newly Registered

Post by laraj » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:23 am

He isn't coming on a fiance visa. He's been granted settlement because they have lived together for over 4 years as a couple. They can just marry over here in the UK when he comes I have found out today.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 am

laraj wrote:He isn't coming on a fiance visa. He's been granted settlement because they have lived together for over 4 years as a couple. They can just marry over here in the UK when he comes I have found out today.
Right but he applied for a fiance visa and is trying to sort out the wrong endorsement from what I gathered.

kingkhan

COA

Post by kingkhan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:03 pm

does any1 hav any experience geting COA without showing decree absolute of partner coz i have applied for it and we havent yet recived decree absolute but we hav got decree nisi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: COA

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:23 pm

kingkhan wrote:does any1 hav any experience geting COA without showing decree absolute of partner coz i have applied for it and we havent yet recived decree absolute but we hav got decree nisi
As already mentioned in one of your other posts, decree nisi has not legally binding because it is conditional therefore may not be accepted as evidence of dissolution of marriage.

regards

kingkhan

Post by kingkhan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kingkhan wrote:does any1 hav any experience geting COA without showing decree absolute of partner coz i have applied for it and we havent yet recived decree absolute but we hav got decree nisi
As already mentioned in one of your other posts, decree nisi has not legally binding because it is conditional therefore may not be accepted as evidence of dissolution of marriage.

regards
I undersatnd your point but my understanding is COA is to check if the marriage is genuine or not and its registrar office who ask for decree absolute when you go there to give notice.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 pm

kingkhan wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
I undersatnd your point but my understanding is COA is to check if the marriage is genuine or not and its registrar office who ask for decree absolute when you go there to give notice.

Yes but this COA rule is for every one who comes under immigration control. Although home office is scraping COA in couple of months time but some other rule will take place instead of this otherwise there will be mushroom of sham marriages that will take place .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 pm

kingkhan wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
Unless your partner is legally free to marry you (i.e. - earlier marriage is declared dissolved by law and without any conditions attached), you cannot claim that your marriage will be genuine 'coz AFAIK bigamy isn't allowed in this country.

And that is what UKBA doesn't want happening on UK shores .. one or both of the persons attempting to marry without being legally allowed to do so.

regards