ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Congrats rehmanji. Thank God this thread is open again.

I have the same thing added at the end of the status i.e. 05/12/10 which is more scary than a plain your application is under process.

After the audit report i sent emails to both Gerry's Mirpur and Abu Dhabi clearly mentioning ''complaint'' in subject. I never had even an automated response but this time both addresses sent me the automated responses with the number of days they take to answer. Lets see if they come back with anything useful.

Amir999
Newly Registered

Post by Amir999 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 am

deleted
Last edited by Amir999 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rehmanji

Post by rehmanji » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 am

Amir999 wrote:
rehmanji wrote:, @ boxir, butta,amirr

i have a question guys i issued visa last month dated on 30/06/2010 and i got my passport today on 30/07/2010 so is there any specific time period i have to leave pak or i can go any time. because they already hold my passport one month i heard with in 28day i have to be there?

what u guys think............?

regards
Boxsir is right, there is no time limit and you can travel anytime after the stamping of visa.
However, if you delay your entry for more than 28 days , there will be a problem when you apply for ILR. You need to stay in the UK for five years in a row to be elgible for the ILR. It means your visa after one extension will expire before the completion of five years and you will have to apply for one more extension in order to be eligible for ILR.
Also keep in mind ILr rules will change in July 2011. so, do 'nt worry.

@amirr199 , boxsir

but i m already late on month as i mention in my last post they issued me visa on last month 30/06/1010 and i as you guys know i got my passport yesterday on 30/07/2010 so its mean my entry is already late so its not my fault they send passport late to me is init ...?

yes u r right rules are changing in 2011!!!

regards

and all dau's for u guys!!!
inshallha good news soon

saminkhan

Status check

Post by saminkhan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm

I called Abu Dhubi today and asked them about the status of my application again in case they could give me any additional information but despite them giving me the status information over a month ago, they said that they dont have access to the status checking facility.

Another door closed!!!

poor_soul

Re: Status check

Post by poor_soul » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Guys,

I had applied for T1 G Visa from Karachi on 16 July. I called Abu Dhabi today for a status check and got a weird reply from the lady over there. She said T1 applications from Pak are no more handled in Abu Dhabi but Islamabad. Is that true? Pls confirm.

Regards.

saminkhan

response

Post by saminkhan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:20 pm

I got my first response back from visa people in last two months. Here it is:

Thanks for your mail dated 28th July. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience which we may have caused and apologise for the delay. Please be aware that the application has been processed but due to the high number of visa applications we have recently handled there is currently a queue of decisions awaiting printing. You will therefore have to wait a short amount of time to collect your decision. Please accept our apologies for this delay and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Visa Enquiries Desk,
Abu Dhabi

shaz1
Newly Registered

Re: response

Post by shaz1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 am

saminkhan wrote:I got my first response back from visa people in last two months. Here it is:

Thanks for your mail dated 28th July. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience which we may have caused and apologise for the delay. Please be aware that the application has been processed but due to the high number of visa applications we have recently handled there is currently a queue of decisions awaiting printing. You will therefore have to wait a short amount of time to collect your decision. Please accept our apologies for this delay and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Visa Enquiries Desk,
Abu Dhabi

@samin khan
hopefully long wait will be over soon.insha Allah
i applied on 29th of april from islamabad..still waiting

boxsir

Post by boxsir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 pm

hi guys,

i wana share update regrading visa processing,
one of my cousin applied tier4 in 5 january 2010 from khi , he has got admission in LCA, he recived his passport on 25 july 2010, with a 1 year visa, after 6 months.

so its not only us but all categories are affected in pakistan, every one who has got visa, recived their passports in approx. 4 months from the time of application. in worst senario 6 months like my cousin. this kind of situation odf late visa processing is not new in pakistan it is been since last year march 2009.

as i had applied on 27 april from khi and still waitin, there is no point calling abudhabi again and again as they dont entertain the coustomers any more.
regards

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:21 pm

This kind of scenario (6 month) is valid for student visas. Tier1 and dependents visa processing is usually within 2-3 months.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Just wanted to share my family's visa timelines:

Application submitted on July 12, 2010
Text for processing came on July 14, 2010

Passports with visa stamp received August 4, 2010

I must add here that it does seem very quick ( approx. 14 working days) but my wife had visited UK on a2 yr visit visa few years back when I was a student here. Hence that might be the reason for a relatively faster processing.

Additionally, the visa was applied for my wife and two sons. Youngest son who is 3 yr old his passport has not arrived yet. Only got with all other original docs. for my wife and elder son. Do not know why?

boxsir

Post by boxsir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:59 pm

@saga
like u said process time is 2-3 months for tier1 and dependents , but as u can see in this forum at least 95 percent applicants havent recived their passports yet and they have submitted applications since ages
even the maximum time line given by UKBA is 12 weeks on the website UKVACPK.
@mhkhan
my wife have been in uk for 1.5 years as well, when i was student in uk,
but im waiting since 27 april, its been 14 weeks or so it doesnt make any difference wether u have visited uk or not, yhey process each application as a fresh but yes the risk evaluation factor is minimum for those who have been in UK. wel u r lucky u got passport back in 3 weeks, i hope u will not wait long for ur son's pp.
regards

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 pm

"deleted"
Last edited by Bhutta144 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amir999
Newly Registered

Post by Amir999 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:03 pm

deleted
Last edited by Amir999 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boxsir

Post by boxsir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm

@ammir and bhuuta

guys be patient , this slow process doesnt mean that they have lost our papers, its going on since 2009
i have 3 examples in my mates who recived pp after 3 months but before 4
so this month will be the month to get pp
hope fully

Saga

Post by Saga » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey guys, which number did you called to get an appointment ?

The telephone: 0900 10411 given on ukvacpk does not seem to answer. I have been trying for 2 days at different timings without any luck !

Anyone knows?

Thanks !

boxsir

Post by boxsir » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 pm

@saga
just dial 8865 from ur cell phone
call cost 10 rs/ min
best time to call is pk 10 pm in the night, they open from 8 to 12 mid night
regards

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhan001 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 am

Date of submission 10th May 2010
Visa Stamped 30th May 2010
Passport received 6th August 2010

Now according to my timeline I really don’t understand who is lazy in the whole process. Is it Abu Dhabi passport handling department or it is our own beloved countrymen who are just not doing anything apart from just put the sticker on passport and forward it to us. I am really very disappointed how painful is the whole process.

I learn one thing from the whole experience that there is no point to call either Abu Dhabi or Islamabad or even your city VAC. All of them are useless people because they don’t have any idea at what stage your passport is and who is handling it. It is not worthy to spend money on atrocious call rates. Just pray and more pray that situation of our country will be better so that we will not treat like alien in our own country.
Please don’t reply as I don’t want to create any irrelevant discussion. The whole point of saying all this is that don’t call them just wait….

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Post by Bhutta144 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 am

"deleted"
Last edited by Bhutta144 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:08 pm

What country has to do with delay in your passport return? I believe there is an element of uncertainty within UK regarding us.. they probably take a security check on us.. it is just my wild guess but i think so.. the reason the pp are returned late is probably this.. police verifications or verifications from other security agencies.. this is what i think might be the reason because BHC is returning pp within three days in even countries like India..
Adnan

faisalkhan001
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhan001 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Hello Adnan, as you can noticed Visa stamped on 30th after 20 days of submission and I remember online status change from Islamabad OC to BHC after 2 weeks so it means they hardly took a week to sort out all checks. Please dont go any further details because if you are true and clean person no one check you further. We all know that how our government departments are working.. Anyway I am praying for my country and all the people who are waiting for their passport although they had their visa :)

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 pm

guys it has nothing to do with BHC etc they will only issue you a visa once you ve passed your initial vetting.

To what I understand and previous experience its the laziness of VFS or Gerry whatever you call them.

Anyhow good luck

boxsir

Post by boxsir » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:27 pm

hi guys, shaz1, bhutta, samin khan,

after long wait i got today my passports with visa stamaped, i had applied with my wife and a baby from khi vac, i took a huge gamble by applying all together but it worked we all got entry clearence. my time line is

date of application: 27 april, 2010
processed in abu dhabi : 30 may 2010( just in one month almost)
visa stamped date: 30may 2010
passport recived: 6 august 2010
visa time lost by ISB BHc: 2 months and 6 days
total time of processing: 3 months and 11 days

moral: be patient , processing is very slow, and u know what else

for guys who applied in april, should contact on following email, which i got now, as she is the only person in gerrys who can get the update regarding the application from ISB BHC

nancy.john@gerrys.com.pk

one more starnge thing what i observed at the time of pp collection at khi vac is, some people who even recived text message and emails for pp collection, did't got their paasports, and vac staff said oh soory we havent recived your pp due to flight delays etc etc so please come back after 2 days or 3 days.
strange is'nt it

hope every one got their paperwork soon.

regards

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Congrats Boxir. May i ask where did you get this address from?

h_a

Post by h_a » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 pm

i wana know this too

shaz1
Newly Registered

Post by shaz1 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 am

boxsir wrote:hi guys, shaz1, bhutta, samin khan,

after long wait i got today my passports with visa stamaped, i had applied with my wife and a baby from khi vac, i took a huge gamble by applying all together but it worked we all got entry clearence. my time line is

date of application: 27 april, 2010
processed in abu dhabi : 30 may 2010( just in one month almost)
visa stamped date: 30may 2010
passport recived: 6 august 2010
visa time lost by ISB BHc: 2 months and 6 days
total time of processing: 3 months and 11 days

moral: be patient , processing is very slow, and u know what else

for guys who applied in april, should contact on following email, which i got now, as she is the only person in gerrys who can get the update regarding the application from ISB BHC

nancy.john@gerrys.com.pk

one more starnge thing what i observed at the time of pp collection at khi vac is, some people who even recived text message and emails for pp collection, did't got their paasports, and vac staff said oh soory we havent recived your pp due to flight delays etc etc so please come back after 2 days or 3 days.
strange is'nt it

hope every one got their paperwork soon.

regards
@boxir
congrats mate..i am very happy 4 u..i am still waiting...