ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified accountants & "Registered Bodies"

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amuk

Certified accountants & "Registered Bodies"

Post by amuk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello,

I just met with an accountant who understood my requirement of an "accountant's letter" but turns she is not a member of ACCA/etc... certified organization in my country. (I'm not in the UK)

The accountant is a member of two local/national societies, one of which is 40+ years old and is a respected organization.

Policy guidance says:
All accountants must be either fully qualified chartered accountants or certified accountants who are members of a registered body such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc.
ACCA is associated with one local organization, but it's not my accountant's. Does "etc" mean any registered body, or some body with certain affiliations?

NOTE: I'm too accounting ignorant to see if there's any relation between the listed bodies, in which case it would probably imply the "etc" part is related.

So what do you think?

Thank you!

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:02 pm

it is better to look for accountant who has got ACCA qualifications rather than going for an appeal,review OR tribunal whatso ever...
u can find n number of accountants with ACCA in ur country..

amuk

Post by amuk » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you for a super fast and concise reply, skomati!

I think I'm inclined to go with your suggestion and stay on the safe(r) side.

While there seem to be no ACCA body per-se in my country , there is one national body which has a "joint scheme relationship" with ACCA. That would probably count as ACCA, or ACCA-approved, right?

Thanks again!

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:34 pm

hi, may i know which country are you from?