ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Question -

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arfapa
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds Question -

Post by arfapa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Dear All,

I have been maintaining required amount in my Account from previous 1 month. Few days earlier i did some deposits and withdrawals on the same days (Deposits first). But the Bank ERP at the day end posted withdrawals first and deposits later. Due to which one entry in my ledger shows less amount than required on that day. Although at the day end Ledger balance was more than required due to deposits on the same day.

I had discussion with Bank Manager and he says that this is how it works in all Banking system i.e deposts first and withdrawl later. I should not get problem as my day end balance on that day is more than required funds.

I am little worried about that one entry in my ledger which is less than required amount. Any thoughts ?

Regards,
mafp

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:46 pm

hello,

i m in the same boat. my balance fallen below required in one day in last 30 days but at the end of those days , i have maintained. I m thinking to apply for visa application for my wife as a dependant . Dont know if that would be acceptable or not

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:24 pm

thats why you need to have a contingency built in to take care of things like that. When I apply I am going to make sure there is not just the required amount but a good 20% or more in the bank account. You need to make it look like you have the money and you not just scraping through

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds Question -

Post by prisat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 am

arfapa wrote:Dear All,

I have been maintaining required amount in my Account from previous 1 month. Few days earlier i did some deposits and withdrawals on the same days (Deposits first). But the Bank ERP at the day end posted withdrawals first and deposits later. Due to which one entry in my ledger shows less amount than required on that day. Although at the day end Ledger balance was more than required due to deposits on the same day.

I had discussion with Bank Manager and he says that this is how it works in all Banking system i.e deposts first and withdrawl later. I should not get problem as my day end balance on that day is more than required funds.

I am little worried about that one entry in my ledger which is less than required amount. Any thoughts ?

Regards,
mafp
In that case, if this troubles you that much, try getting a letter from Bank with details that minimum amount of atleast 2800 was maintained between these dates and the least amount that was maintained between these 90 days / 3 months is xxxxx pounds (if you are applying from outside UK, then the least amount that was maintained between these 90 days / 3 months is xxxxxXXXXX in ur local currency which is equivalent to xxxx pounds as on <date>, pound rate on which the letter was issued).
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds Question -

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:41 am

indianinworld wrote:
arfapa wrote:Dear All,

Regards,
mafp
In that case, if this troubles you that much, try getting a letter from Bank with details that minimum amount of atleast 2800 was maintained between these dates and the least amount that was maintained between these 90 days / 3 months is xxxxx pounds (if you are applying from outside UK, then the least amount that was maintained between these 90 days / 3 months is xxxxxXXXXX in ur local currency which is equivalent to xxxx pounds as on <date>, pound rate on which the letter was issued).
Thats a good option for those like the OP who have issue of dipping funds for 1 or 2 transactions but have enough balance by the end of the day.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm

what is the guidelines for maintanence fund:

Is it to maintain balance for last 90 days or maintain balance at all times and cant fall below required level all the time?

I m showing my current account balance upto £ 1200 maintained at all times in last 90 days and saving account balance maintaned for £ 5000 in last 90 days. Only in one occasion, I have transferred £ 4800 to my current account from my savings account and transferred it back to my savings account by end of that day. So, my balance was fallen to £ 200 in my savings account for few hours. I need to show £ 800 + £ 533 (wife) + £ 533 (my daughter).

any thoughts?