ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa fees DECLINED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sys_sagar

Tier 1 visa fees DECLINED

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 pm

I m in UK for more than 3 years and sent my daughters passport to HOME OFFICE along with dependant application (Tier 1) . I entered my visa credit card details in the payment sheet. Unfortunately, I lost my credit card and had to stop it. The payment hasnt gone through.

What will happen to my daughters application ? I read it somewhere that the application will be rejected. Does it mean that she will be deported? She doesnt have any visa in her passport as she was born here.

I m confused what will be the next steps. Will home office mark on her passport that her application has been rejected?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Don't worry, your UK born child doesn't require a visa to stay in the UK, but needs one to return to UK if she travels abroad.

Since the payment has not gone through your application will be returned (refusal), but don't worry about your child being deported. It is not going to happen!

So if you do not have any immediate travel plans outside the UK, you may defer applying for leave to remain for your child (your wish) for later. Or you may submit a fresh application once you get passport back.

regards

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 pm

If application is REFUSED due to non payment of Visa fees, will this get marked in passport and do i need to mention it every time when applying for visa that my application was refused

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 pm

sys_sagar wrote:If application is REFUSED due to non payment of Visa fees, will this get marked in passport and do i need to mention it every time when applying for visa that my application was refused
Why you can not a write a letter and explain them that due to card lost payment would not be dudcted.You should send them a checque or postal order for payment.

Are you waiting for refusal?

Contact home office and send them payment again.

Dont behave like ignorant.

Ali

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 pm

sys_sagar wrote:If application is REFUSED due to non payment of Visa fees, will this get marked in passport and do i need to mention it every time when applying for visa that my application was refused
Yes on one passport page it would be marked and you have to explain in application form every time you apply for visa..Otherwise this would be perceived as deception and have worst consequences.

Ali

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:17 pm

I would have thought that without payment, the application would simply be returned as "invalid", which is different from "refused".

Other than that I agree with sushdmehta.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Kitty wrote:I would have thought that without payment, the application would simply be returned as "invalid", which is different from "refused".

Home office can refuse as well without right of appeal saying you have no valid leave to remain.Or your leave was expired when you did apply.

Refusal on payment issues were so common until a case law in High Court rejected refusal on invalid payments.I have to look for this case law.

I have read few stories where people have been granted leave after explanation and new payments.

So nothing harm in trying when you already now you have no other option left.

Ali

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Kitty wrote:I would have thought that without payment, the application would simply be returned as "invalid", which is different from "refused".

They can refused as well without right of appeal on the ground that they dont have valid leave or their leave is expired.

Even Assume they returned as invalid then your leave is expired so technically you would be overstayer.

So why not ring them and explain yours situation.

Ali

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 pm

i contacted home office and they told me that they will return my application and i need to make fresh application. They also told me that nothing will get marked on passport and i would not have to mention it on next application.

ALI, has it happened to you. ? why u said that it would be marked on passport ?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi
sys_sagar wrote:i contacted home office and they told me that they will return my application and i need to make fresh application. They also told me that nothing will get marked on passport and i would not have to mention it on next application.

ALI, has it happened to you. ? why u said that it would be marked on passport ?
I said if they are refused you then it would be marked but home office has not processed yours application and have simple returned it as invalid.

Remember I advised you to contact home office and explain yours situation.

So send yours fresh application as soon as possible with an explanation letter.

Ali

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 pm

thanks
Can you also advise me on the guidelines in relation to maintenance of funds. I have maintained above £ 1200 at all times n days in last 90 days in current account & above £ 5000 all 90 days in savings account. only in one occasion i transferred all my funds from savings account to current account and then revert it back on same day. So,my balance fallen below required level in savings account for few hours. IS it going to create any problems?
i need to show 800+533+533

regards,

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:50 pm

sys_sagar wrote:thanks
Can you also advise me on the guidelines in relation to maintenance of funds. I have maintained above £ 1200 at all times n days in last 90 days in current account & above £ 5000 all 90 days in savings account. only in one occasion i transferred all my funds from savings account to current account and then revert it back on same day. So,my balance fallen below required level in savings account for few hours. IS it going to create any problems?
i need to show 800+533+533

regards,
Why you did this stupidity?There was no need for it.

Check yours bank statement weather required balance it less then required.

Its all depends on home office now.If they ignore it then no problem but if they pick it then you have problem.And according to immigration rule this can lead to serious consequences.Immigration rule is very clear you should have xxx funds for 90 days.

Ali

Ali

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:51 pm

i had kept more than 5000 in savings account and more than 1000 in current account. Only one one ocassion , it fall below required amount for few HOURs. but by end of the day , it is still maintained.

So,my question is that as it has been maintained by end of the day, does it matter if it fall below required for few hours. That said, when I transferred amount from savigns account to current account, i m attaching that current account statement as well.

any thoughts?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:52 pm

sys_sagar wrote:i had kept more than 5000 in savings account and more than 1000 in current account. Only one one ocassion , it fall below required amount for few HOURs. but by end of the day , it is still maintained.

So,my question is that as it has been maintained by end of the day, does it matter if it fall below required for few hours. That said, when I transferred amount from savigns account to current account, i m attaching that current account statement as well.

any thoughts?
Indeed it matters but my question is you have funds in other account(saving account) at that time.

I would advice apply with the help of a good immigration solicitors or consultant to avoid undue complications.

Ali

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 pm

sys_sagar wrote:i had kept more than 5000 in savings account and more than 1000 in current account. Only one one ocassion , it fall below required amount for few HOURs. but by end of the day , it is still maintained.

any thoughts?
You must maintain the minimum balance through out the 3 month period. This is what the guidance says:
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;
The highlighted portion above clearly states that HO is not focussing just on the end-of-day balance.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm

However, that said, if the combined balance is higher than the minimum required, you should be fine.
regards,
push

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:29 pm

thanks for clarification.

I m showing my statements from

a. current account (maintaned above 1200 all time in 90 days)
b. savings account (maintained above 5000 all 90 days)

at one ocassion, i have transferred 4800 from savings account to current above (both originals attached) . So,combined it remained above 6200 all time in 90 days.

any suggestions or thoughts?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm

sys_sagar wrote:thanks for clarification.

I m showing my statements from

a. current account (maintaned above 1200 all time in 90 days)
b. savings account (maintained above 5000 all 90 days)

at one ocassion, i have transferred 4800 from savings account to current above (both originals attached) . So,combined it remained above 6200 all time in 90 days.

any suggestions or thoughts?
Push has clearly explained every thing.You would be fine.

Ali

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:36 pm

thanks Ali & **push,

Just a matter of curiosity,
Can I also include my Fixed Deposit from Bank of America. Its in the name of my wife and usually comes to our address in USA. We have FD of $ 10,668 and its maturity is in Oct 2010. We have got the statement of FD from Bank of America(BOA). The only hitch that I have is that the statement has an address of USA as we have opened account in US.

Can I include it ? Is it acceptable ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm

sys_sagar wrote:thanks Ali & **push,

Can I also include my Fixed Deposit from Bank of America. Its in the name of my wife and usually comes to our address in USA. We have FD of $ 10,668 and its maturity is in Oct 2010. We have got the statement of FD from Bank of America(BOA). The only hitch that I have is that the statement has an address of USA as we have opened account in US.

Yes you can. The address is not an issue as long as the account is in your name. I thought that you have already submitted your application?
regards,
push

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks,

Yes I did. But I m getting imy application back as my payment didnt go through as I had to get my credit card blocked. Unfortunately, it got lost same day when I sent my application. So,will get application returned.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Does it really matter as FD is in the name of my wife and I m the main applicant ?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 pm

push wrote:
sys_sagar wrote:thanks Ali & **push,

Yes you can. The address is not an issue as long as the account is in your name. I thought that you have already submitted your application?
No you can not as this is on yours wife name.If this was a joint account then you can include this.

PUSH misdirected as it is on yours name.

Ali

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:15 pm

sys_sagar wrote:Does it really matter as FD is in the name of my wife and I m the main applicant ?
You may use the FD as evidence of maintenance funds for your wife (dependent) but you cannot use it as evidence of funds for main applicant (you).

regards

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 am

i want to use it as evidence of maintenanca fund for my child . i & my wife both have visa. i want to apply for my daughter. is it ok?