ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa-what checks?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PnOedOff
Newly Registered

Settlement visa-what checks?

Post by PnOedOff » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Does anyone have any experience of applying successfully for this visa? Or unsuccessfully perhaps? I'm wondering, standard procedure wise, are any checks actually made in terms of calling places of employment? I am in a total connundrum right now. I have no holiday time left in work, the visa application we submitted 2 months ago has been delayed for an indefinite period as they have said we need to be patient as it can take 'at least' 3 months but with no definitive date for collection. I am considering a visit to my husband, The problem being this would mean having to quit my job as simply I cannot take the time off. The problem is if this will put my application in jeopardy as I am then without employment and there is the eternal thought of 'what if' they suddenly decide to call my place of work to see if I am indeed permanently employed. Generally, is this valid? Or do they go on the strength of submitted documents only e.g. wage slips etc? The state of not knowing is irritating as it could be 'a minimum' of one more month but then a maximum of 2 or more. Ridiculous.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 pm

If you resign from you job making you unemployed you will run a high risk of having the visa application rejected. Checks are frequently made to employers to confirm the validity of information given.
Apart from this...without employment, how would you support yourselves financially if the visa application is approved if you don't have a job and regular income?
Patience.

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:03 am

I was going to do the same thing. im not happy with my job and there is no holiday time left and they told us that from june to october no one is going to take any time off, so there is no way that they would let me go see my husband or pick him up.

I thought when my processing time of 12 weeks are up nearly i will quit and go visit my husband. glad i did not as they emailed my HR department on thursday and they had to confirm i worked there and what salary i was on etc.

I had planned to quit around this time but i am so glad i didnt as that would have screwed up my visa. now all i have to do is wait a few more weeks and stick it out and wait the outcome of my husbands visa and then leave, pick him up (if the visa is successful) and then find a proper job.