ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status Changed at VFS Pakistan wesbite

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poor_soul

Status Changed at VFS Pakistan wesbite

Post by poor_soul » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Dear Experts,

I applied for T1 G Visa on 16 Jul 10 from Gerrys Karachi. Since then my status at VFS website was: "Your application forwarded to Islamabad OC". This morning it changed to "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission". What does this mean?
Last edited by poor_soul on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:11 pm

No experts needed, only common sense! Reading this topic may prove useful.

regards

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:11 pm

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks destiniation_london and sushdmehta.

The reason i asked is: someone told me that VFS refers Islamabad OC as Abu Dhabi and BHC as Islamabad. the person also told me that when the status changes in such a manner it means that your application has been processed by Abu Dhabi and sent to Islamabad for visa/refusal printing. Just wanted to make that clear.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Applications are processed by overseas diplomatic posts authorized to do so. It is fairly known that EC applications submitted in Pakistan are being processed at Abu Dhabi and even Croydon (UK) as a result of past incidents in Pakistan.

VAC / VFS / Gerry's website status updates are not meant to inform the applicants of the exact details of their application processing stage(s) but are a simple resource to convey to applicants basic information about where their applications stand at at given point in time. So don't read too much into it ... and do not expect too much from it (status update). Whether the passports are stamped by BHC Abu Dhabi or BHC Pakistan is an internal UKBA operating procedure and should not concern the applicant(s). As explained in the linked topic, the status should change once a decision is taken and passports returned to VAC for collection / further delivery to the applicant.

regards

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm

poor_soul wrote:Thanks destiniation_london and sushdmehta.

The reason i asked is: someone told me that VFS refers Islamabad OC as Abu Dhabi and BHC as Islamabad. the person also told me that when the status changes in such a manner it means that your application has been processed by Abu Dhabi and sent to Islamabad for visa/refusal printing. Just wanted to make that clear.
Yes it means mostly that your application has been processed at Abu Dhabi and has reached BHC Islamabad.

You can confirm this by phoning up Abu Dhabi.

Good luck.

Cheers

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:31 pm

thanks for the detailed response sushdmehta, appreciated!
sushdmehta wrote:Applications are processed by overseas diplomatic posts authorized to do so. It is fairly known that EC applications submitted in Pakistan are being processed at Abu Dhabi and even Croydon (UK) as a result of past incidents in Pakistan.

VAC / VFS / Gerry's website status updates are not meant to inform the applicants of the exact details of their application processing stage(s) but are a simple resource to convey to applicants basic information about where their applications stand at at given point in time. So don't read too much into it ... and do not expect too much from it (status update). Whether the passports are stamped by BHC Abu Dhabi or BHC Pakistan is an internal UKBA operating procedure and should not concern the applicant(s). As explained in the linked topic, the status should change once a decision is taken and passports returned to VAC for collection / further delivery to the applicant.

regards

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:33 pm

thanks mskhan, will try n call them tomorrow.
mskhan wrote:
poor_soul wrote:Thanks destiniation_london and sushdmehta.

Yes it means mostly that your application has been processed at Abu Dhabi and has reached BHC Islamabad.

You can confirm this by phoning up Abu Dhabi.

Good luck.

Cheers

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 pm

alled abu dhabi yesterday; initially the lady could not track my application with my passport number; later she tracked it using my name and dob; she told me that it is under process; i asked her where is it under process? in abu dhabi or in islamabad? she replied: abu dhabi

i think the changed status does not have same meaning in all cases...

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Status Changed at VFS Website (Attn Paki Experts)

Post by aliq09 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:17 pm

poor_soul wrote:Dear Experts,

I applied for T1 G Visa on 16 Jul 10 from Gerrys Karachi. Since then my status at VFS website was: "Your application forwarded to Islamabad OC". This morning it changed to "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission". What does this mean?

Hi ,

It will take some time and you have to be positive in all the time which will come ahead . You have applied for TIER1 visa on 16 July .. if your case is 100% up to the mark and nothing wrong , you will get it by the end of AUG 2010. Well! this is my estimation and it can go more ... in all ways wish you good luck!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Ali

poor_soul

Re: Status Changed at VFS Website (Attn Paki Experts)

Post by poor_soul » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

thanks Ali

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 am

My status also changed last nite to under process. what this actually mean considering the fact that many here is of the view that this means application has been processed by Abu Dhabi and it is now with BHC Islamabad.. I also read on this forum that Abu Dhabi direct send refused applications to Gerry's and rest to BHC Islamabad.. is it true? your assistance required pleas.. how long will it take me to know the decision and collect my passport from the last change in status? i submitted my application on 21st July 2010.
Adnan

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Please remember passports cannot be taken out of country hence all your documents may well go for verification etc to Abu Dhabi but all your passports stay in Pakistan.

To what I have observed so far in regards to process from Pakistan.

Documents are sent to Abu Dhabi, passports are left in Pakistan

Initially they check the Maintenance Fund once verified they check the earning documentation, once cleared "not to sure" they d check the qualification once everything is confirmed approval / rejection decision is sent to Islamabad / Corresponding BHC and visa or letters are issued accordingly.

I hope the above information will help as my brother has applied on 1st June and I have been following the progress, Maintenance Funds were verified on 19th of July and Earning / salary etc. evidence is verified on 29th of July.

I am still waiting for the decision.

Good Luck Everyone :)

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Ali if you follow the trail.. the first message that i got was that my documents were forwarded to Islamabad OC which many believe is Abu Dhabi.. the current status is " Under Process at BHC" does that mean Abu Dhabi has done its verifications etc and than sent docs back to BHC to communicate the same to me.. is that true...
Adnan

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:25 am

Hi,
To my understanding these status updates does not mean anything. My brother's application states Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. But in fact its still in Abu Dhabi and is under process in BHC Abu Dhabi.

As mentioned initially all documents are handed in Islamabad OS when you get your first update, The Second update refers to when your documents are forwarded to BHC Abu Dhabi and there after you normally would only get a text / update on vfc's website confirming that you can collect your passport etc.

These Status updates would not tell you anything whether your documents are returned from Abu Dhabi etc.

Between just a reminder VFC is only a Service Provider which takes application from candidates and forward them just like a courier services.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:55 am

alimohmand wrote:These Status updates would not tell you anything whether your documents are returned from Abu Dhabi etc.

Between just a reminder VFC is only a Service Provider which takes application from candidates and forward them just like a courier services.
If only people could understand such a simple fact!

Honestly, don't understand the hue and cry people have been creating recently about application tracking status on VAC website(s). Some even agree to paying extra money to receive status updates through SMS (e.g. - India) without realising it to be useless and *complete waste* of money.

regards

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 am

I agree Ali but if what you are saying is true than that means it took them 15 days to just forward the documents to Abu Dhabi and God knows how many days BHC AD will take to process my application? The standard time and stats on Site indicate that they have decided 78% applications within 15 days so lets see...
Adnan

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 am

alimohmand wrote:I hope the above information will help as my brother has applied on 1st June and I have been following the progress, Maintenance Funds were verified on 19th of July and Earning / salary etc. evidence is verified on 29th of July.
Hi Ali,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a couple of questions. Hope you would answer.

How were verifications done? through phone? was the call from Islamabad or Abu Dhabi?

What was VFS status of your brother when verifications were done? Islamabad OC or BHC?

Regards.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Verifications are mostly done by phone by BHC hired pakistani contractors in urdu language and number that appears on CLI is from Islamabad.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 am

Is it done in every case? and how much time they take to do verifications?
Adnan

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:27 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Verifications are mostly done by phone by BHC hired pakistani contractors in urdu language and number that appears on CLI is from Islamabad.
Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for your reply. Just one more thing: my VFS status, as mentioned above, has changed from Islamabad OC to BHC. According to general opinion, when the pp status is changed in such a manner, it means that a decision on your application has been made. But neither my bank nor my employer has received any verification call so far. Where do you think my application would be?

Regards.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 pm

I think poor soul is right because my status was changed exactly after 14 days which is most standard time to process the application.. What does Islamabad OC stands for? and what is the difference between OC and BHC? I think we are missing here something..
Adnan

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Verification of your bank statements etc are done through email, reason being it could be anyone responding to a telephone call where as when it comes to email it is directed to particular person in most cases it will be sent out to HQ of your bank where a nominated person deals with all visa verification queries who if required will correspond with related branch or probably check on HQ server subject to if data is kept on centralized server.

As I mentioned do not rely on these status updates as Gerry does not have any access to details of applications.

Good luck everyone

poor_soul

Post by poor_soul » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:28 pm

alimohmand wrote:Verification of your bank statements etc are done through email, reason being it could be anyone responding to a telephone call where as when it comes to email it is directed to particular person in most cases it will be sent out to HQ of your bank where a nominated person deals with all visa verification queries who if required will correspond with related branch or probably check on HQ server subject to if data is kept on centralized server.
makes sense! thanks Ali.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

I work in a bank and as for as i know, there are no persons dedicated to answer the embassy queries. I showed maintenance funds statement from UBL and the guy said he never received any sort of querry from the embassy regarding the verifications.. may be in some cases they ask for verification but not in all cases I believe... anyways my concern is only that considering the relative inefficiency of our ppl at banks, they may not reply or confirm on time and this could delay or result into refusal...
Adnan