ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MONEY MATTERS

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shimil
Newly Registered

MONEY MATTERS

Post by Shimil » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:08 pm

Hi Guys
I just got my HSMP and EC approved and I am planing tomove to UK next month.
I have couple of question if someone can help me please. I have few savings in france and I get normally 2.35% anual interest on them. I want to transfer this money to bank in UK. Do you know what is the normal interest rate in UK on saving accounts. Also what is the good way to transfer money, I mean my bank give me rate
1GBP=1.55 Euro
While I see that xe.com/ucc have actual rate
1GBP=1.43-1.46 Euro
Also my bank in France charge me just 3.5Euro for money transfer while I am not sure how much other charge. What is more more attractive if I put my money in bank or buy a house (studio in London while house in other cities with same amountof money) and rent it. I have no idea how much it cost to maintain house in UK I mean any taxes, damages, plumber/electricity charges, etc. and if I can get actual price back if I resell this house after some years.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: MONEY MATTERS

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:59 pm

Put your queries in the General Discussions - non immigration related. You will likely to get moreresponse there rather then here,

Pantaiema

Shimil wrote:Hi Guys
I just got my HSMP and EC approved and I am planing tomove to UK next month.
I have couple of question if someone can help me please. I have few savings in france and I get normally 2.35% anual interest on them. I want to transfer this money to bank in UK. Do you know what is the normal interest rate in UK on saving accounts. Also what is the good way to transfer money, I mean my bank give me rate
1GBP=1.55 Euro
While I see that xe.com/ucc have actual rate
1GBP=1.43-1.46 Euro
Also my bank in France charge me just 3.5Euro for money transfer while I am not sure how much other charge. What is more more attractive if I put my money in bank or buy a house (studio in London while house in other cities with same amountof money) and rent it. I have no idea how much it cost to maintain house in UK I mean any taxes, damages, plumber/electricity charges, etc. and if I can get actual price back if I resell this house after some years.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.