ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Overseas questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kowloon
Newly Registered

Entry Clearance / UK residence permit

Post by kowloon » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:28 pm

Dear All,

I will get my notification letter shortly. I just wonder if the application of the entry certificate would be different for me because I hold lower class British nationality (British National (Overseas) - Hong Kong), which is inferior to British Citizenship and is subject to immigration control (Thus, work permit / HSMP visa is needed to settle in UK.).

My question is that my passport has an endorsement of "The holder of this passport does not need an entry certificate or visa to visit the UK". The application of EC doesn't apply to UK national without the right of abode (BOC, BNO, BDTC etc), but we can apply for a UK residence permit, which is free. What is the difference between an EC and a UK residence permit. Can anyone tell me? If I apply for a UK residence permit, how long would they grant for the leave to remain? How can I be qualified to switch my passport to a full British one?

Kowloon