ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take for BHC to re-stamp visa ?????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

How long does it take for BHC to re-stamp visa ?????

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:26 pm

My wife got her dependant today but they have got the visa expiry date wrong on the visa.

Can anybody confirm if its bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk where I need to email asking for the correction.

Or does any body know the contact number for BDHC, mumbai.

Also, does anybody knows how long does it take for them to reply to re-stamp the passport with the correct visa expiry date.

Please guys its really urgent and would really appreciate any advise and replies to it.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 pm

I just tried contact number - 66502222 and I thought it to go to some sort of voicemail, but it instead said the connection to this number is temporarily disconnected.

Does anybody know if the number's been changed or know the new number.

felix2010
Newly Registered

Post by felix2010 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 am

Hi, I had applied for spouse visa in 2007 from VFS Pune and BHC had made some mistake in it. So I resubmitted my passport to the VFS office in Pune itself and they took care of forwarding it to BHC. But the correction was done in no time. Just a couple of days I think. Good luck!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:44 am

destiniation_london wrote:I just tried contact number - 66502222 and I thought it to go to some sort of voicemail, but it instead said the connection to this number is temporarily disconnected.

Yes , the BDHC is 022 66502181

Mon - Thursday - 13:30 - 16:00
Friday -08:00 - 10:00

Your wife will have to directly go to BDHC mumbai at BKC and hand over the passport, she will get an acknowledgment, No need to go through VFS.

hope this helps

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 am

adityak77 wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:I just tried contact number - 66502222 and I thought it to go to some sort of voicemail, but it instead said the connection to this number is temporarily disconnected.

Your wife will have to directly go to BDHC mumbai at BKC and hand over the passport, she will get an acknowledgment, No need to go through VFS.

hope this helps
Thanks adityak77, do we need to take an appointment to go to BDHC or just drop in there.

I've mailed regarding the situation to BDHC on above email address but I got out of office reply. How soon do they reply?

Thanks

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 am

destiniation_london wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

hope this helps
Thanks adityak77, do we need to take an appointment to go to BDHC or just drop in there.

I've mailed regarding the situation to BDHC on above email address but I got out of office reply. How soon do they reply?

Thanks
No idea, Just go there with your passport, and explain the lady at the desk in writting, Prepare a letter as to why the date according to you mentioned is wrong.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks adityak77, I managed to speak to someone on above number today ...and she said to submit wife's passport, covering letter and copy of my passport at VFS....

she said it can take anywhere between 10 working days.

Do you think it woul dbe faster if she submits to BDHC directly. I personally want her to submit it to BDHC.

Also, would she be allowed to enter BDHC without appointnment????

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:35 am

destiniation_london wrote:Thanks adityak77, I managed to speak to someone on above number today ...and she said to submit wife's passport, covering letter and copy of my passport at VFS....

Do you think it woul dbe faster if she submits to BDHC directly. I personally want her to submit it to BDHC.

yes, its better to go to BDHC directly. take a covering letter and photocopies. depending on the rush, you will have to wait.

Yes she will be allowed to enter, My wife also went to BDHC directly w/o appointment.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 am

adityak77 wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Thanks adityak77, I managed to speak to someone on above number today ...and she said to submit wife's passport, covering letter and copy of my passport at VFS....

yes, its better to go to BDHC directly. take a covering letter and photocopies. depending on the rush, you will have to wait.

Yes she will be allowed to enter, My wife also went to BDHC directly w/o appointment.
How soon did your wife got her passport re-stamp. Also, which BDHC did she went?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 am

adityak77 wrote:

How soon did your wife got her passport re-stamp. Also, which BDHC did she went?
my wife had gone to submit IAFT-2 appeal form and documents and not for restamping.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks adityak77, my wife just received a call from BDHC mumbai asking her to come tomorrow morning with her passport and copy of my passport.

I hope they do it very same day. lets see.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:35 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Thanks adityak77, my wife just received a call from BDHC mumbai asking her to come tomorrow morning with her passport and copy of my passport.

My wife submitted her passport to BDHC today and in evening they called her back telling her that her passport is re-stamped with correct date. They have asked her to come and collect it in the morning. Hopefully they have got it correct this time :D .. lest see.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 am

destiniation_london wrote:Thanks adityak77, my wife just received a call from BDHC mumbai asking her to come tomorrow morning with her passport and copy of my passport.

My wife submitted her passport to BDHC today and in evening they called her back telling her that her passport is re-stamped with correct date. They have asked her to come and collect it in the morning. Hopefully they have got it correct this time :D .. lest see.
Great! Enjoy! while I wait for my wife's case for 2 -3 months.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:52 am

adityak77 wrote:

Great! Enjoy! while I wait for my wife's case for 2 -3 months.
Thanks adityak77, I really feel sorry for your case and I really hope you get response soon for your wife case too.

Hope for the best!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 am

That's nice..congratulations!!