ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years WP to apply ILR in 5 years?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ronnng

5 years WP to apply ILR in 5 years?

Post by ronnng » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:06 pm

My partner is currently holding a 5 years WP which started on Nov 2002 and expired on nov 2007, due to the change of law recently, he can only apply for ILR 28 days before his WP expired.. tell me if i'm wrong, i read it somewhere that if apply for ILR, the applicant must have more than 28 days valid visa/WP on the passport? is that rite? if yes, does it means he has to extent his WP before he can apply for ILR?? any insight is appreciated.. thanks

supertiger

Post by supertiger » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:37 pm

No. It means he cannot apply before 28 days visa expires. In other words he has to live in uk for 4 years 11 month minimum now (3 years 11month according to the old rule) to appy ILR. HO doesn;t accpet application submitted before that. He can certainly send application on the last day of visa expires if he wishes. Hope it clarifies yr query.