ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Progress on settlement visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dansette
Newly Registered

Progress on settlement visa application

Post by Dansette » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi

My wife is a US Citizen, currently living in the US. I'm a UK citizen currently living in the UK.

My wife's settlement visa application was acknowledged by the LA processing centre on July 1.

I know about the average processing times they state at :

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

So we are not quite at 30 working days yet.

But I was wondering (even though they say they can't do it), if there was a way to get status on an application. It would be great to find out exactly how long this will take.

Is there any way anyone knows how to speed up an application?

cheers

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Progress on settlement visa application

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Dansette wrote:Hi

My wife is a US Citizen, currently living in the US. I'm a UK citizen currently living in the UK.

My wife's settlement visa application was acknowledged by the LA processing centre on July 1.

I know about the average processing times they state at :

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

So we are not quite at 30 working days yet.

But I was wondering (even though they say they can't do it), if there was a way to get status on an application. It would be great to find out exactly how long this will take.

Is there any way anyone knows how to speed up an application?

cheers
It used to be that you could pay an expeditor to take your application and bring it to the front of the queue but they no longer have this service. Sorry but you will just have to wait it out if you have not paid for quicker processing (they promise a 15 day deciscion if you have).

Dansette
Newly Registered

Post by Dansette » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

OK thanks for the reply.

cheers

moocifer
Newly Registered

Post by moocifer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am

ElenaW wrote: It used to be that you could pay an expeditor to take your application and bring it to the front of the queue but they no longer have this service. Sorry but you will just have to wait it out if you have not paid for quicker processing (they promise a 15 day deciscion if you have).
Where is/was this "pay for quicker processing" option ?? I must have missed it otherwise I would have gone for that myself ..

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 am

moocifer wrote:
ElenaW wrote: It used to be that you could pay an expeditor to take your application and bring it to the front of the queue but they no longer have this service. Sorry but you will just have to wait it out if you have not paid for quicker processing (they promise a 15 day deciscion if you have).
Where is/was this "pay for quicker processing" option ?? I must have missed it otherwise I would have gone for that myself ..
After completion of the online application, there was a choice to have it be delievered by courier. This is where you had to do research and pick your own expeditor such as Allstar. I'm not so up to date with the quicker processing now. I Just know that it costs twice as much and they take more than 2x the time to process it than the previous couriers.