ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of July 2011 Laws on 10 yr settlement rule.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djc

Effect of July 2011 Laws on 10 yr settlement rule.

Post by djc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:39 am

Hi Guys,

I am due to apply for my PR in Oct 2011 under 10 yr rule (6yr stu, 2yr psw, 2yr Tier1) and was wondering how would the new rules effect me.

Are there any further clarification to the nature and the tenure of the community service and it`s comparative weight? Does Union involvement count (seem to have read somewhere that it does)

In Oct 2011, would I be applying for ILR or Probationary Citizenship? If PC how long before I become eligible to apply for British Citizenship?

Thanks Guys

bb21

Post by bb21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:12 am

As repeatedly mentioned before, the consultation has not finished so no extra information than is already in the public domain.

You'll probably end up in the PC route but no one is 100% sure. The way the Tories are so keen on p!ssing on everything Labour did they might just fvck up the immigration reform too. Now here's to hoping.