ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age Points for Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gujars
Newly Registered

Age Points for Extension

Post by gujars » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi,

I have slight confusion to clear before I apply for my HSMP Extension 7 that is about my points for age. I applied for HSMP in Sept 2007. I got my HSMP approval letter on 25th Oct 2007. I applied for HSMP visa in jan 2008 but my HSMP visa got rejected due to bank Statement mistake. I lodges an appeal and appeared succesfull after a Patience of 1 year. I applied for Visa again and got it last yeat June 2009. Now I am planning to apply for HSMP extension in next year April-May 2011. My querry is what age should I use to earn points against "AGE". My date of birth is 10-02-1978.

Should I use 29 years, as i was 29 years & 9 months when I got my HSMP approval letter on 25th Oct 2007 ? Or should I use 31 as I was 31 years & 4 months at the time i got the stamped visa on 2 june 2009?

Kinldy Advice & please share the answer if you are 100 percent sure about it. Thanks

Regards
gujar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm

The age to be mentioned in the application form is the age of the applicant at the time of application (extension application, in this case) and not the age of the applicant when an initial application for HSMP approval / Tier 1 (General) / EC application was made 2-years ago. In April 2011, you'll be 33 (Read para 69,71,73 of the policy guidance).

This said, as per this post of yours, you switched to student visa in Sep 2009 and are now in UK as a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant. So how does the question of HSMP extension arise?

No offence but before you "dictate" that people suggest/answer only if they are 100% sure, you should be honest about your own status in the UK! No point in beating around the bush when UK immigration rules may not allow what you intend to do (e.g. - apply for HSMP extension when on Tier 1 PSW)!

regards

gujars
Newly Registered

Age Points

Post by gujars » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:19 am

Hi,

I m sorry to use Dictating terms/words and i agree it was harsh from my end. Sorry once again as i am asking different querries not just for me but for my friends as well...using my account. No hard feelings and thanks for ur help and reply. I hope u dontmind at all. Thanks again

Actually these visa rules r so many and very complex so i just try to get an answer which is confirmed to avoid furthur coonfusion...in then end u were right and totlay respect ur stance. Next will be carefull :) :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Age Points

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 am

gujars wrote:i am asking different querries not just for me but for my friends as well
Stating that (on behalf of friend) helps!

No offence meant, none taken.

regards

gujars
Newly Registered

Post by gujars » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

Thnx and i m happy now....! :D
Take care

gujars
Newly Registered

One more Thing for AGE Issue

Post by gujars » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:53 am

Just a small confusion more on same issue:

My one year got wasted because my initial attempt to get visa got rejected in Feb/March 2008 ( I got HSMP Approval letter on 25th Oct 2007). Once I appealed against the decision they granted me visa in June 2009 (After a wait for one year and 3 months, as appealing process and final result takes time). So is there any way I can ask for compensation for that one year & 6 months got wasted? So that my age would be less then 32 to have 10 points instaed of just 5?
Or they dont consider the period got wasted due to refusal and appealing...

Thnx and regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 am

Not possible.

regards

gujars
Newly Registered

Age Points

Post by gujars » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:48 am

Ok thnx....its sad news

when i applied for HSMP i got 10 points for age i.e in 2007 when i was 29 years & 8 months....now when i apply for extension i will get 5 points only as i will b 33 years old...i was hoping that i will get 10 points again :oops:

unfair as one year and few months got lost because of refusal which was not my fault at first place... :(