ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa- Original passport of main applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolguycp1

Dependent Visa- Original passport of main applicant

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm

I received my Tier 1 visa in Jul 10. I have now received an offer of employment from a UK company and will need to join by mid Sep 10. I want to take my wife with me but it is only 3-4 weeks before I need to travel, and by which time I might not receive all the documents incliuding my passport if I go for my wife's visa now.

Can I send a copy of my passport and the Tier 1 visa along with other documents instead to apply for my wife's visa? This way I can travel alone if there is a dely in her visa.

destiniation_london

Re: Dependent Visa- Original passport of main applicant

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:30 pm

coolguycp1 wrote:I received my Tier 1 visa in Jul 10. I have now received an offer of employment from a UK company and will need to join by mid Sep 10. I want to take my wife with me but it is only 3-4 weeks before I need to travel, and by which time I might not receive all the documents incliuding my passport if I go for my wife's visa now.

Can I send a copy of my passport and the Tier 1 visa along with other documents instead to apply for my wife's visa? This way I can travel alone if there is a dely in her visa.
That is what you are suppose to do, you are expected to submit the copy of main applicant passport with dependant applicant form. Policy never tells to submit main applicant's passport.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

Yes, you are supposed to send just photocopy of your passpost bio page along with your UK visa page.

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:16 pm

thanks seniors for ur advice.
I made another mistake. I got a demand draft made for my wife's visa fees today, but this dd is less than the new fees which is applicable from 4 aug. Can i pay the difference in cash at the vfs counter in delhi?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 am

coolguycp1 wrote:thanks seniors for ur advice.
I made another mistake. I got a demand draft made for my wife's visa fees today, but this dd is less than the new fees which is applicable from 4 aug. Can i pay the difference in cash at the vfs counter in delhi?
why dont you get DD for the additional amount as well? Or get the current DD cancelled and get one with correct fee?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:02 am

Push,

I dont want to get a new DD as I will have to pay 5% of the DD amount to the bank as their fees again.
Will the VFS office accept if I give them another DD for the balance amount?

Whta about paying the balance as cash?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 am

I had a similar issue not long ago (fee amount changed) but VFS Delhi agreed to accepting the remaining balance as cash.

Would still suggest that you check with VFS beforehand to avoid any last minute inconvenience.

regards

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Sush,

I had to get a new draft eventually as they did not accept part draft and part cash.

On another note, can you advise if both of us need to carry chest X rays when entering UK? I have checked with UKVisa website but they have not mentioned this requirement for passengers travelling from India.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 pm

yes chest X ray required on your first visit . The health officer would return the x rays and the report

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:21 am

coolguycp1 wrote:Sush,

I had to get a new draft eventually as they did not accept part draft and part cash.

On another note, can you advise if both of us need to carry chest X rays when entering UK? I have checked with UKVisa website but they have not mentioned this requirement for passengers travelling from India.
If you carry a chest x-ray report in your hand baggage, it will save you time at the immigration.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks Seniors.

The UK Visa website does not specify any approved clinic in India for undergoing chest X Ray for TB screening. Can I go to any private clinic and get it done there?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 pm

coolguycp1 wrote:Thanks Seniors.

The UK Visa website does not specify any approved clinic in India for undergoing chest X Ray for TB screening. Can I go to any private clinic and get it done there?
Taking a chest X-ray is not mandatory. But, as already mentioned above if you carry one, it might help you save time at the immigration desk. Yes, any reputed clinical diagnostic centre should be fine.