ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse uk settlement visa how much money needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny2010
Newly Registered

spouse uk settlement visa how much money needed

Post by sunny2010 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm

just have a quick question for any one who may know is £20,000 of savings enough to sponser wife on a uk settlement visa? or would i need more. also i dont pay rent because i live with my parents is that ok or will the ECO make a fuss that i dont own or rent my own property?

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:59 pm

20,000 is more than enough and quite impressive for them to see. You dont need to have your own property. Living with your parents is perfectly fine. Im still living at home and in my spouse visa, i got my mum to write a statement for the ECO to see that she gives me and my husband permission to live with her when he arrives

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:11 pm

confused.com! wrote:20,000 is more than enough and quite impressive for them to see. You dont need to have your own property. Living with your parents is perfectly fine. Im still living at home and in my spouse visa, i got my mum to write a statement for the ECO to see that she gives me and my husband permission to live with her when he arrives
yeh i got my parents to write a letter sayin its ok for me and my wife to stay in their home.

i noticed you got written that your employer had been contacted by the BHC how did u know this information?

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey! You have to tell your HR department about your application and leave their contact number or email address in your application so the BHC can ring them and for them to carry out their checks to see if you do work there and how much you earn etc

On thursday my HR lady, emailed me at work and told me that the UK Border Agency had been touch by email and left her a questionnaire for her to complete about me as they were having troubles calling her

finally after 10 weeks they decided to check up on me.hopefully i hear something soon!![/list]

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 pm

oh i c, well as of yet my manager or hr people havent told me they been contacted by uk border agency. in the application ive left 6 months of wage slips also my p60 along with managers letter that states my reference of employement with the company like contract type when i started etc...

did u leave the same in ur application

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

i did exactly the same as you but only three months payslips/wages and banks statements.i should have done 6 but i thought my huge bank savings will be enough but i as i had just started a new job i couldnt see myself waiting another 3 months just for wages. they can talk to me over on that note by not providing enough evidence but i hope they overlook that!

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 pm

confused.com! wrote:i did exactly the same as you but only three months payslips/wages and banks statements.i should have done 6 but i thought my huge bank savings will be enough but i as i had just started a new job i couldnt see myself waiting another 3 months just for wages. they can talk to me over on that note by not providing enough evidence but i hope they overlook that!
yeh that shouldnt be a problem as long as the job is permenant contract. how much saving did you show them all of it or some of it?

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 am

i hav just abit more than you and i showed them everything and where it came from also just so they didnt think i was dodgy and put it in my bank just for visa purposes. I think that would be more than enough and as i am still living at home rent free but my 3 month statements and wages should have actually been 6

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 am

dont worry about that hopefully the ECO will over see that becuase of all the other details you provided and your savings. some other people have also submitted only 3 months of wage slips and got their visas.

do let me know how it goes and best of luck

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 pm

hi...i heard they mostly call and check at your work place if you are applying from Pakistan?? is that true? I know people who got visas and they never even bothered calling them at work. Also does anyone know if you are on a temporary contract job if this will count as a negative point? :?

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:46 pm

dont know about calling from pakistan but some my friends who applied for spouse visa from india (mumbai in general) their employers were never contacted but rather went by their p60. now if you dont submit your p60 in india then i dont know they might call employer. all my mates submitted their p60 with the application along with wage slips.

temporary job can cause a issue depends on the duration the company wants to keep you. but if you are able to find a permenant job better or even better if you have large amount of savings to show the ECO.

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:52 am

hi thanks sunny,
Yes, we have submitted P60 and wage slips and I have a savings account of 25,000 fixed deposit in my name. But i am not the sponsor so was worried about that. Does it matter who has the huge savings???

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:03 pm

paracetamol wrote:hi thanks sunny,
Yes, we have submitted P60 and wage slips and I have a savings account of 25,000 fixed deposit in my name. But i am not the sponsor so was worried about that. Does it matter who has the huge savings???
No it doesn't.

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 pm

paracetamol wrote:hi thanks sunny,
no thats not a problem as long as you have money available to support yourselves and no need to ask for public funds.