ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 High Skilled Worker - Earning Point Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sphinxo
Newly Registered

Tier 1 High Skilled Worker - Earning Point Question

Post by sphinxo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 am

Hi

With regard to a new policy, I am not eligible to switch my PSW Visa into Tier 1 (General). I lost some points on the earning section.
I have to get a job which has salary £35K.
The situation is, I might be able to get a job within £35K, but the problem is, my PSW Visa expiration is on the end of February 2011,
which left 6 months. and if I total my 12 month last salary up to January 2011 (just in case I get a job £35K on October), the total salary is still less than £35K.
Do you think I am sill not eligible to get Tier 1 General ?
because, when I process my Visa next Year on January, I am on £35K (Oct 2010 - Jan 2011).

Thank you for any responses! :)

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 pm

It is not your annual salary at the time of application that makes you eligible for Tier 1 (General) but your actual earnings in a 12 month period prior to the application that matter! So, if at the time of application you can show that you "earned" GBP 35K in a 12 month period (of the 15 month window) preceding the application, then only will you qualify.

regards

sphinxo
Newly Registered

Post by sphinxo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:29 pm

I understand that,

As Summary,
because my current salary is less than £35K, so in this case, I can say that, I am not eligible at all, even though I got £35K as my salary on October.

Well.., I am sad to hear this new policy.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:38 pm

New policy? Be it HSMP or PBS, it has always been about what you've earned in the past (actuals) and not what you currently earn or may do so in future.

regards

nicechap
Newly Registered

Post by nicechap » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I believe it is all about your total earnings/ income. You can start looking for some other/ 2nd job that will augment the total earnings. You don't have to defeat yourself. Strive and work hard and I believe you will be able to meet the requirement.

sphinxo
Newly Registered

Post by sphinxo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I understand that has always been about what I have earned.

the new one/amended one policy that I meant in here is the points can I earn for the range salary. Less than £30K, it used to be more points than now. but now it only get 5 point.

I need to earn £3417/month (before tax) to be able to extent my Visa on february.
which is impossible for my skill.

So, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it!
I have to leave my job and England, Eventually.

Everything happens for a reason........

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 am

sphinxo wrote:I understand that has always been about what I have earned.

the new one/amended one policy that I meant in here is the points can I earn for the range salary. Less than £30K, it used to be more points than now. but now it only get 5 point.

I need to earn £3417/month (before tax) to be able to extent my Visa on february.
which is impossible for my skill.

So, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it!
I have to leave my job and England, Eventually.

Everything happens for a reason........
Yes indeed, "everything happens for a reason" and also "almost everything has a way out"..think about it and good luck!!