ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRindia
Newly Registered

Tier 1 to ILR

Post by ILRindia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi,

I have currently Tier 1 visa valid till March 2012. I want to apply for ILR as I have completed the necessary period (5years) of stay in UK. As my Tier 1 visa still valid for one more year, is that a problem? Can an application for ILR be denied due to this reason? Need your views. Pl advise. Thanks for your support.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:28 pm

You may applyas and when you qualify without worrying about the remaining (vaild) period of your current leave.

regards

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 to ILR

Post by rnr79 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:53 pm

ILRindia wrote:Hi,

I have currently Tier 1 visa valid till March 2012. I want to apply for ILR as I have completed the necessary period (5years) of stay in UK. As my Tier 1 visa still valid for one more year, is that a problem? Can an application for ILR be denied due to this reason? Need your views. Pl advise. Thanks for your support.

It wont be denied for this reason. My Tier 1 visa was valid till April 2012 and recenlty i got my ILR approved.

smkamran
Newly Registered

Post by smkamran » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Apply asap no prob. I had the same situation and got my ILR

ILRindia
Newly Registered

Post by ILRindia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. This is very useful.