ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advise please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badr-amiche

need advise please

Post by badr-amiche » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:58 pm

hello every body
i am non EU citizen and spuose of EU national ,i have stamp 4 EUfam ,valid for one year which will expire next 7 november 2010 , i am thinking for traveling with my spouse to my country for a month (holiday) and i knew that some immigration rules has been changed (EU1 and stamp3 ,,,),i work now as part time in hotel and i dont know what i will need to do when they will give me stamp3 ,that mean i will need work permit ,so i will lost my job ,,
my questions ;
when i need to renew my registration card ?
after how long you think it gonna be ready ?
what should i do about my job if they will give me stamp 3 ?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm

I am not too sure. I would say you could do it a month or so before the expiry just in case. Wait for others to comment on this though.

I would assume they could do it on the day for you, if you were going into GNIB in Dublin.

what should i do about my job if they will give me stamp 3 ?

If you have been granted EUFAM you will not get a stamp 3. Stamp 3 is only for pending applicants waiting their decision. Once renewed you will have, or should have, 5 year stamp 4 EUFAM and are entitled to work.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:10 pm

so i understand from your reply that i will not get stamp 3 ,,,i will have just stamp 4 EUfam??

daddy
Member of Standing

Re: need advise please

Post by daddy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 pm

[quote="badr-amiche"]hello every body
i am non EU citizen and spuose of EU national ,i have stamp 4 EUfam ,valid for one year which will expire next 7 november 2010 , i am thinking for traveling with my spouse to my country for a month (holiday) and i knew that some immigration rules has been changed (EU1 and stamp3 ,,,),i work now as part time in hotel and i dont know what i will need to do when they will give me stamp3 ,that mean i will need work permit ,so i will lost my job ,,
my questions ;
what should i do about my job if they will give me stamp 3 ?[/quote]

i think that what you have is not stamp 4 eufam which is valid for 5 years with permision to work, rather stamp 4 pending eu 1 application, which if granted you will be issued with stamp 4 eufam valid for five years. It will be good if understand the difference.
Regarding your question, I do not know if DOJ would issue you with another stamp 4 or 3 depending on thier internal policies regarding that.
I would would rather advice you to call or send email to DOJ reminding them of six months deadline when your application is close to 6 months.
Pls enquire to know whether you need re-entry visa as you are about to travel, but i dont think you do. Good luck.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 am

hello , i the card which i got from the garda (ballyconnell co,cavan) name is (registration card)not residence card ,and it is valid as re-entry visa because i traveled to spain and lithuania without any problem ,,,and i want to inform you that i start live in ireland just last november ,so i think it is too early to get 5 years stamp i think .and in this card the stamp4 EUfam
so how can i email DOJ and ask for that ,can you help me please

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Normally, stamp4EUfam is valid for 5 years or until your passport is expire. It's not usual if you got stamp4EUfam for 1 year only.

Stamp4 is not valid as re-entry visa, but stamp4EUfam is valid as re-entry visa.

I'm not sure about your situation, but I think you need to apply 5 years stamp4EUfam with EU1 application form. The form and email are here.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Dublin2011 wrote:Normally, stamp4EUfam is valid for 5 years or until your passport is expire. It's not usual if you got stamp4EUfam for 1 year only.
You're correct, but the GNIB have been known to issue temporary Stamp 4 EUFam instead of temporary Stamp 4 by mistake (despite it saying Stamp 4 on the DoJ letter). They did this in the case of my brother-in-law.

I suspect this may be what happened in badr-amiche's case
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:09 am

so what you think i need to do guys ,please help me because i dont want to get in trouble
how can you think that i can apply for 5 years stamp4 EUfam if i lived in the state less than one year , i read in ici rule that i can get that stamp for 5 years just after 5 years stamped in my pass ,,so is that correct????

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 am

There's no time requirement to apply for 5 years Stamp4EUfam. You can apply even on the first day you arrive in Ireland. Use the EU1 form.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:17 pm

befor when i came here i read in the immigration link the who came in ireland and want to stay over 3 months need to registrat with the local garda so ,,,how can i know that if i just came and went to the garda station and they stamp in my pass and told me when my card will be ready after 7 working days and it gonna valid for one year ,,
ahh ,a friend of mine lives near of me and he is no EU spouse of EU citizen ,has the same situation and the same card with same stamp
from same garda station

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 pm

in order to have stamp4eufam you were supposed to apply in writing to department of justice. if you didn't apply, then you don't have residency in ireland on the basis of your eu spouse.
what may have happened is that your immigration officer gave you stamp 4 but it is not eufam. in order to get a 5 year eufam stamp you have to apply in writing to doj.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:40 pm

but how can you say that i have just stamp 4 if i have in the registration card the stamp4 EUfam i realy dont understand if i am right now in trouble or not ,,,and i wanna inform you that i went one time to the garda in dublin in order to renew my re-entry visa and they told me that this registration card which i have is same as re-entry visa so where is the problem please

daddy
Member of Standing

your registration card

Post by daddy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:20 am

I have one question for you, are you married to eu citizen? and if yes, did you apply for your resident card with eu 1 form? if no, then what you have is not stamp4eufam resident card. What i understand is that the only thing you did was to get registered with the Garda after your arrival in ireland. what happened is that the garda made a mistake and wrote stamp4eufam, they should have written only stamp 4. but you have nothing to worry about, you just need to apply for your resident card using eu1 form, this application takes about 6 months to process, make sure your wife is excercising her treaty right, the residence card is normally valid for 5 yrs unless your passport is not valid up to 5 yers in that case it would expire the day your passport expires.

I thing that you should do more readings on this forum and also read more about the Directives concentrating on freedom of movement and residence more than 3 months for eu citizens and their family members rather than talking about your friend's issues and arguing.

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 pm

hello
thx for ur advice ,i will apply for my residence card by EU1 ,,,and also i have an appointment with my local carda officer to ask him too about that next wednesday ,then i will right back what he will say me too

badr-amiche

Post by badr-amiche » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 pm

hi back ,, :wink:
i had the meeting with my local garda officer and he told me that after 1 of last june they got order to stop giving stamps and only one way for me is to apply by filling EU1 form and i was in one office of citizen advise and they told me that i will get 3 years of stamp4 EUfam then after so if i will apply this month it will probably ready next february ,and my card now will expire next november,,,but guys can you can you tell me from where i have to get the stamp in when my card will expird

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 pm

After you apply by post, Department of Justice will send your documents back with a letter suggesting you to go to local immigration to have stamp4 for 6 months.