ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Problems in Applying for Post Study Work Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nightmare
Newly Registered

Some Problems in Applying for Post Study Work Visa

Post by nightmare » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:10 pm

1. My student visa expires on november 20th and I am getting my official degree some where in december. But my university says that they will have result in first week of november and they will issue me a PSW Letter. Can i just apply with that letter. ANything specific required in the letter should it mention specifically that candidate currently didnt got his degree or just state he has passed?

2. I have my visa on the BIometric card. Actually I lost ma passport which had visa and reapplied for a TOC and got new visa on card. So this time if i got PSW will it be on the passport or on a new Biometric Card( Identity card for foreign nationals).

3. I was just getting a bit anxious that I hope my old lost passport doesnt effect application. ALthough i got new passport and new visa on card some where in march but I was just wondering this doesnt effect decision.

4. DO i need to attach photocopies of old lost passport as PSW form says that all passport which shows stay shld be attached. In case its not original send copy and reason for lost or stolen. My passport was stolen and i got poolice report. On that report I sent it to UKBA and got new visa. Now shlould i resend oroginal report with lost passport or just quote numbers. Actually I dont have original report now, but i had a copy with number written on it. I read forum thoroughly it just asks for crime number. Is it enought? I went to police station they said its enough.

5. My case is very straight. I had good grades. DO i really need a lawyer. People keep saying applying through lawyer makes ur case easy. Is it the case? I applied for student visa my self filled all forms didnt felt need for lawyer but should i consult one here now... DOes my case sound complicated to you to consult a lawyer. I didnt think so.

6. I am trying to see for an appointment for in person but I am not getting so I believe i have to apply by post. Any precaution which i can take to make sure ma passport stays safe. I think i should use special delivery.

7. As soon as I get confirmation from UKBA that my case is consideration lets say on 10 november then until my application is decided and meanwhile ma student visa expires, is my stay valid.

Sorry for such LOng post but I am a bit stressed from last month . Any one who can answer me. I will really appreciate?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:55 pm

1. Read the Tier 1 (PSW) guidance to know what documents are needed as evidence of qualification when degree is yet to be awarded.
2. Whether it is a ICFN or stamp in the passport, you should only worry about approval of your application.
3. Don't worry about lost passport / lost ICFN.
4. Attach police report with application form.
5. No comments.
6. Use special delivery to send. Also include prepaid self-addressed SD envelope for return of documents.
7. Yes.

regards

nightmare
Newly Registered

Post by nightmare » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:40 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
3. Don't worry about lost passport / lost ICFN.

6. Use special delivery to send. Also include prepaid self-addressed SD envelope for return of documents.

regards
3. Sorry for bothering again, as I explained when I applied for TOC I do submitted original report. But once i got IFCN i didnt bothered to look for it. It is misplaced. I went to police station they said if you have a copy its more than enough and you dont need to attach it. You can just give the number

I also read it in Policy Guidance

''If the passport has been lost or stolen a Police crime report number /report must be provided along with details of the police station the loss was reported to and the date that it was reported.''

Instead of sending a report which is photocopy isn,t it better just to quote the number? Hope it doesnt create any problems

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:04 pm

u dont need to go through a lawer in your case but if you are not really sure what to do in your case than its probably best to go to a lawer.

If i was you, all i would have done was that i would have written a covering letter along with my application explaining that i lost my passport on so and so date and would have mentioned my crime report number or whatever you call it and if possible attatched a copy of the same with the covering letter too. that woul have solved the porblem.

remember, "loosing your paasport in this country is not a crime!!"

another thing: as far as the letter from your university is concerned, as long as your uni states on the letter that you have passed your degree and mentions your graduation date on the letter, home office is happy about it. thats all they look for if you apply for psw before you have had your graduation ceramony.

third thing, stop panicing and be cool, make sure you dont make any mistake in your application form and have maintained the required funds in your account from last 3 months.

good luck.x