ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 Dependant Rejection - Help Needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunal parikh

TIER 1 Dependant Rejection - Help Needed

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi

My wife's dependant was rejected on the basis of authenticating stamp on the marriage certificate is of poor quality and we did not put any photos as VFS people told us that it is not required...they are so lazy about anything..ECO also mentioned about the subsistence relationship as we put the file on the very next day we got married...

we have already appealed the decision..however, I am thinking to withdraw the appeal and planning to reapply...

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1) do we change the surname of spouse? will that prove subsitence relationship? how long does it take in india? does anybody know about this?

2) Can we still change the name while appeal is in the progress? I guess the passport will surely change if we change the surname...will that be acceptable while appeal is going on?

Do you think we should reapply or just continue with the appeal...its really time consuming this appeal process...

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your case mate, the appeal process can be long and painful. As mentioned by other members it can take anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

You probably should be fine without changing the surname in your wife's passport. Just put as much evidence about your marriage as possible.

I very recently applied for my wife's dependant application and has got it approved. We submitted marriage certificate, around 10-11 wedding pictures and my travel itinerary to India.

My case had just little complication as after getting married I applied visitor visa for her and ECO rejected it. We then applied for Tier1 dependant and explained it clearly in covering letter. And it got approved.

Just make sure you provide as much evidence of your relationship as possible.
My wife's dependant was rejected on the basis of authenticating stamp on the marriage certificate is of poor quality
What do you mean its of poor quality? Does that mean its faded or something.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi

thanks for your reply...

stamp was not that crystal clear...u knw our government dept and their quality of stamp n paper...i have done register marriage on 21st june and put the file on the next day only which was 22nd june...i think that has raised the doubts...

already have put up appeal....but thinking to withdraw n apply again...wht did you mentioned in the covering letter?

Kunal

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:39 pm

kunal parikh wrote:Hi

thanks for your reply...

stamp was not that crystal clear...u knw our government dept and their quality of stamp n paper...i have done register marriage on 21st june and put the file on the next day only which was 22nd june...i think that has raised the doubts...

already have put up appeal....but thinking to withdraw n apply again...wht did you mentioned in the covering letter?

Kunal
I just explained my personal reasons for my earlier application of visitor visa for my wife instead of dependant visa.

But, thats not the point, they never doubted authenticity of my marriage. but, still I provided quite enough evidence to show my marriage exists. Do provide some of your wedding pictures this time along with your application.