ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependant refused for minor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trulynice
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependant refused for minor

Post by trulynice » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

Hi All,
Today I got refusal of Entry Clearance for the Tier 1 (general) dependant application for my son (baby few months old). The reason given by the ECO was that:"You have provided evidence of your mother's status as Tier 1 (General) Migrant, however you have not provided evidence of your father's status in the united kingdom.The immigration rules are specific that both of your parents must have Entry clearance at the same time as the applicant".

We had my spouse's passport with his own Tier 1 visa, but the vfs guys did not ask for it. Neither was it mentioned anywhere that we need to provide father's EC evidence even if my son was applying as my dependant and not my spouse's.

Now I have to appeal against this decision. I have a few queries regarding this:
1) Do I need to send all the documents that I had submitted along with the original Tier 1 dependant application (including originals) plus any additional new docs?

2)I am currently in India and had applied for visa through bangalore vfs. Should I send the appeal form and docsby post to the Visa section Chennai? Or should I send them to UK First Tier tribunal?

3)Do I need to pay anything extra to Home office for the same?

4)Is it better to ask for a hearing? Our case is quite simple. Just a copy of my husband's passport shoiwing EC should be sufficient for the visa.

5) How many days can I expect my son's visa to come after sending the appeal form?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:36 am

Do take into consideration the fact that appeals may take months to reach a conclusion.

regards

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:00 pm

I suggest to reapply.

Otherwsie

If you send your appeal documents to local BHC. In some cases (say 2 of 10) after seeing your documents they overturn their original decision and write you to resubmitt the passport. Otherwsie appeal documents will be forwarded it to AIT. And this would consume another 1-3 months of your time.

However if you directly apply to AIT then you are bypassing this process. And a formal appeal will be heard.
Last edited by rizwan567 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v3

sushdmehta your view needed

Post by v3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 pm

@sushdmehta

I got similar rejection today for my daughter's dependant visa application saying we didnt supply childs fathers passport etc. I am in UK and my wife had gone for my daughters delivery in india. She has her seperate Tier1 visa so we taught of making our daughter her dependant hence we didnt submit my passport !! tht is stupidest mistake we did ..i know we did this mistake now wht do you think is quickest way to amend it

1. fill the form and send the copies of my visa/passport pages, copies of necessary information ..

2. we need to send via post to chennai high commision right ?? no originals right i mean passport etc they have clearly mentioned dont send originals but only send supporting copies of required documents.

3. are we allowed to reapply I mean fresh application ?after visa has been rejected

cheers
PK
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 am

1. Copies of personal detail pages of the passport and current leave to enter / remain should suffice. AIUI, BHC in India doesn't ask for notarized copies of sponsor passport / visa.

2. Yes, you may apply afresh (and pay the fees again). But do not forget to mention details of (any) refusal if the form asks for it.

regards