ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is Employment letter mandatory for applying ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovetier1

is Employment letter mandatory for applying ILR?

Post by lovetier1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Hi

Is Employment letter specifying foreseeable future requirement is necessary for applying ILR?. My visa status is Tier 1 (more than year now).

I will be having difficult in getting such letter from my Indian employer even though i am working for almost 5 years.

I can get a experience letter including residence but may not get a foreseeable wording in that..

Is it OK to apply for ILR without the employer at all?

Please suggest

shs213

Re: is Employment letter mandatory for applying ILR?

Post by shs213 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:06 am

lovetier1 wrote:Hi

Is Employment letter specifying foreseeable future requirement is necessary for applying ILR?. My visa status is Tier 1 (more than year now).

I will be having difficult in getting such letter from my Indian employer even though i am working for almost 5 years.

I can get a experience letter including residence but may not get a foreseeable wording in that..

Please suggest
I would still get a letter from employer...

if forseeable future is not possible, add something like "this role is on-going"....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 am

Is Employment letter specifying foreseeable future requirement is necessary for applying ILR?
Under Tier 2, yes, but under Tier 1, no. If you still want to supply such a letter, it will do no harm, but it is not compulsory.
John

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 am

Please suggest
Yes, the letter is not require when applying under Tier 1.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Lovetier1,

Were you successful with out providing your employer letter?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

lovetier1

Post by lovetier1 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 pm

ILR_Queries wrote:Hi Lovetier1,

Were you successful with out providing your employer letter?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks
Hi, I still need to apply for the PR, I will become eligible for that from next month onwards.

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:19 pm

There is no document that says that Employer referrence is required for HSMP/T1 -> ILR route but i was asked by the case worker to provide the same during my ILR appointment (HSMP JR). Decision is yours, you can ask HR for a referrence letter stating you name, start date, designation etc... should fit the bill .

Please suggest

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm

nksg wrote:There is no document that says that Employer referrence is required for HSMP/T1 -> ILR route but i was asked by the case worker to provide the same during my ILR appointment (HSMP JR). Decision is yours, you can ask HR for a referrence letter stating you name, start date, designation etc... should fit the bill .
Hi nksg,

Agreed that there is no reference to Employer reference for the WP/Tier1 Route. But based on the experiences shared by the forum members here, most of them have provided the employer letters even for Tier 1 route.

I am in an similar situation like lovetier1, where my employer would be
skeptical to provide such detailed letters.

But i have a got a letter from my employer that was obtained for a different purpose but rest assured it was issued recently and it has mentioned that i am permenant employee of this company.

I am wondering whether this letter can be shown to the case worker,incase he/she asks for it?

Any such previous experiences by forum members?? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Shuuld fit the bill.. If case worker asks just tell them about the troubles u get from your employers...

[/quote]

But i have a got a letter from my employer that was obtained for a different purpose but rest assured it was issued recently and it has mentioned that i am permenant employee of this company.

[/quote]

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:33 pm

nksg wrote:Shuuld fit the bill.. If case worker asks just tell them about the troubles u get from your employers...
Hi nksg,

Thanks for the note. I am hoping everything should go ok on that day.

Kind Regards