ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa to Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

B+
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student Visa to Tier 1 (General)

Post by B+ » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:51 pm

My friend is on a Tier 4 student visa from Sep 2009.
He would be completing his masters degree in Sep 2010.

Prior to that he was working in an Indian company, earning 50000 gross per month. He has now joined (Jul 2010) as a part timer in a company in the UK while on a Tier 4 visa.

Is it possible for him to switch over to a Tier 1 (General) Visa by applying in Sep 2010.

I told him that as per my knowledge, Since he needs to show earnings of 12 months within a 15 month period(July 2009 till Sep 2010), he cannot show the required amount. He has worked for 2 months in that period - Jul 09 and Aug 09), after which he started studying masters. So the 2 months salary of 1 lac gross isn't sufficient to move to Tier 1 General.

He was insisting that a consultant from India had suggested that he can take the entire yearly annual income that he had earned when working in India prior to taking tier 4, for the calculation of earnings. I was puzzled, because that predated the 15 month period. :shock:

Can anyone please tell me if I'm right or not.

Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa to Tier 1 (General)

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 pm

B+ wrote:My friend is on a Tier 4 student visa from Sep 2009.
He would be completing his masters degree in Sep 2010.

Prior to that he was working in an Indian company, earning 50000 gross per month. He has now joined (Jul 2010) as a part timer in a company in the UK while on a Tier 4 visa.

Is it possible for him to switch over to a Tier 1 (General) Visa by applying in Sep 2010.

I told him that as per my knowledge, Since he needs to show earnings of 12 months within a 15 month period(July 2009 till Sep 2010), he cannot show the required amount. He has worked for 2 months in that period - Jul 09 and Aug 09), after which he started studying masters. So the 2 months salary of 1 lac gross isn't sufficient to move to Tier 1 General.

He was insisting that a consultant from India had suggested that he can take the entire yearly annual income that he had earned when working in India prior to taking tier 4, for the calculation of earnings. I was puzzled, because that predated the 15 month period. :shock:

Can anyone please tell me if I'm right or not.

Thanks.
You are right and the consultant from India is wrong.

B+
Newly Registered

Post by B+ » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks aruni for the reply... :)