ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's settlement visa refused from BHC chennai India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

contactnsm
Newly Registered

Post by contactnsm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:05 am

Hi forum Members,

I am British and my wife is Indian with ILR. My son was born in India before I have naturalized so he has a Indian passport. In June, I have applied for settlement visa and unfortunately in July it got rejected due to lack of funds in my account. I am planning to appeal using FORM IAFT-2 on our own. Please would any member help me in filling this form?

1) My son is 1 year old so do I as the sponsor sign the form in section 4 or should I leave it blank ? I am anyway signing the section 6 sponsor details.

2) Can I submit latest August documents to show my healthy financial status ?

3) I don't have any hurry with the visa but just interested to know on average how much time does it take for ECO to say that either they are sticking with their original decision or they would give us a visa ?

Many thanks in advance.

batleykhan

Re: Child's settlement visa refused from BHC chennai India

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 am

contactnsm wrote:Hi forum Members,

I am British and my wife is Indian with ILR. My son was born in India before I have naturalized so he has a Indian passport. In June, I have applied for settlement visa and unfortunately in July it got rejected due to lack of funds in my account. I am planning to appeal using FORM IAFT-2 on our own. Please would any member help me in filling this form?

1) My son is 1 year old so do I as the sponsor sign the form in section 4 or should I leave it blank ? I am anyway signing the section 6 sponsor details.

You do not write anything in section 4. You as his sponsor complete section 6 if you are going to act on his behalf and represent him at court.

If you are going to use solicitors then only they complete section5. You dont complete or sign anything
[/color]

You can do so but it probally will make no difference, as the refusal pertains to the decision the ECO made in June on the evidence that he had in front of him at the time

3) I don't have any hurry with the visa but just interested to know on average how much time does it take for ECO to say that either they are sticking with their original decision or they would give us a visa ?

Within 2 months they will let you know if they change their mind.If you havent heard by then it means they are sticking with original decision and the matter will probably be sorted out at an hearing which can take 6 months or so.

Many thanks in advance.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi
Batley khan is right that evidence after application(New Evidence) is normally not accepted.Only evidence is accepted which was before ECO when making decision.

But Updated bank statement can be submitted and are normally accepted.
Just to prove you have funds and as a proofs you provide updated bank statement.

I remembered my cousin student appeal and updated bank statements were accepted in appeal.
This can take normally two months to review(sometimes much longer).
Read appeal section(AIT WEBSITE) for more details.

Ali

contactnsm
Newly Registered

Post by contactnsm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot to both of you alikhan28 and batleykhan!

Sending my appeal in a couple of days and fingers crossed!

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 pm

contactnsm wrote:Thanks a lot to both of you alikhan28 and batleykhan!

Sending my appeal in a couple of days and fingers crossed!
Remember there is a time limit to send appeal i.e 28 days from oversea and 10 working days inside UK.

Ali