ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

csmith1982
Newly Registered

Bank Statement

Post by csmith1982 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

Hi,

If I receive my bank statement on the 10th of each month, how long do I have to apply for student visa using that bank statement as evidence of funds?

Ie - I receieve statement 10th Aug show required funds. If I was to apply for visa on 9th September wud I still be able to show statement from 10th August?

I'm guessing the question is how long is a bank statment valid for before requring a more recent one.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Bank Statement

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:47 pm

csmith1982 wrote:Hi,

If I receive my bank statement on the 10th of each month, how long do I have to apply for student visa using that bank statement as evidence of funds?

Ie - I receieve statement 10th Aug show required funds. If I was to apply for visa on 9th September wud I still be able to show statement from 10th August?

I'm guessing the question is how long is a bank statment valid for before requring a more recent one.
Obviously, if you don't get issued another before you apply then you can use the previous months one.

wabuthu

Re: Bank Statement

Post by wabuthu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:31 am

i could be wrong but i think it should be not more than 28 days old.

i would suggest calling your bank and asking if they can possibly do an upto date statement to be sure that it will be within the allowed timeframe. some banks agree to do this for an extra fee (lloyds charged me £10 for this).

but please read the UKBA policy guidance to know the correct information. all the best :)
csmith1982 wrote:Hi,

i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:01 pm

It depends on the bank. HSBC issues statement as you requested and posts them to you which will take up to a week. Then, you could apply.