ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stha

10 years Long Residence

Post by stha » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I'll be applying for ILR under 10 years residency category. I'm looking for full list of documents which will help in fast processing of my file? I have recently passed my "life in uk" test.

i appriciate your cooperation in this regards.

stha.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm looking for full list of documents which will help in fast processing of my file?
*Sigh*....I wish there was such a magic potion i.e. list of documents that expedited the process....

If you find such a magical formula ("that helps in fast processing of the file"), please do let some others also know as most people who have applied under the 10 year ILR have been waiting for months on end to hear from the UKBA.

BTW, under what various visa categories have you spent the last 10 years in the UK?

Some people who have spend the 10 years under student visa + work permit visa etc. may get their ILR processed slightly faster than someone who has, let's say, spent all 10 years in the UK under only a student visa.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 pm

You said slightly faster, is it because those who are on work permit etc pay tax and contribute to the community?

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:10 pm

You said slightly faster, is it because those who are on work permit etc pay tax and contribute to the community?
Please be advised my earlier post on this thread was primarily based on my general observation of the feedback by some members on this forum from the past few months (who have applied under the 10 year ILR category).

FWIW (For what it's worth).... my personal opinion is contribution of people, who have spent 10 years only on a student visa, to the UK economy, by and large, is as much if not greater than those who are on a work permit.
Last edited by optimist_eternal on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bb21

Post by bb21 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:21 am

tbbcuk wrote:You said slightly faster, is it because those who are on work permit etc pay tax and contribute to the community?
This seems to be the general observation however no one knows exactly what happens inside UKBA on this. We're still trying to gather more evidence of this

stha

Docs- 10 years long res ILR

Post by stha » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 am

Hi All,

My last 10 years in uk were spent under the follwoing categories;
2000-2006 student (ms+phd)
2007-2008 WP
2008- to date hsmp/tier1.

I'm not sure of supporting documents i have to provide with my application.

Those who have already applied under this category, i appriciate there response on this query.

Regards
stha