ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SF786

Post by SF786 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 am

Assalamalaikum all

Kaidee that's great help thanks bro :) I pray everyone hears good news soon inshaAllah!
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

rashid 1969
Newly Registered

application rejected

Post by rashid 1969 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 am

My visa application for settlement is rejected as I received this email yesterday:

A decision has been made on this application. We do not provide the nature of the decision eg refusal or issue so please do not ask. As a decision has now been made the passport will be returned to Gerrys and you will be contacted when it is ready for collection. This process will take approximately two weeks so if you have not heard anything in two weeks time please contact us again.

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
As I have started preparing for appeal, kindly guide me about following points:
1. What is difference between administrative review and appeal, if I go for administrative review and decision remains same, can I file an appeal after that?
2. Is it legal requirement to hire services of a solicitor for filing an appeal or I can fill the required form and provide necessary details myself?
3. Is there any page of this forum where guidance is available about appeal procedure( compiled by batleykhan or any other member)? Kindly give me website.

The Confused One

Re: application rejected

Post by The Confused One » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:39 am

rashid 1969 wrote:My visa application for settlement is rejected as I received this email yesterday:

A decision has been made on this application. We do not provide the nature of the decision eg refusal or issue so please do not ask. As a decision has now been made the passport will be returned to Gerrys and you will be contacted when it is ready for collection. This process will take approximately two weeks so if you have not heard anything in two weeks time please contact us again.

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
As I have started preparing for appeal, kindly guide me about following points:
1. What is difference between administrative review and appeal, if I go for administrative review and decision remains same, can I file an appeal after that?
2. Is it legal requirement to hire services of a solicitor for filing an appeal or I can fill the required form and provide necessary details myself?
3. Is there any page of this forum where guidance is available about appeal procedure( compiled by batleykhan or any other member)? Kindly give me website.
That email doesnt suggest that your visa has been rejected - it just says that a decision has been made. Correct me if i am wrong but why dont you wait till you get the decision before you start preparing for an appeal

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:43 am

exactly what i was going to say. That is their standard response to everyone. They will always return your paperwork/passport but that doesnt mean you're rejected!

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:13 am

Salaam,

Congratulations to all that have received their visa this week.

I emailed the UKHUB as 12 weeks are up and still no updates other then to say application has been processed...got a reply back advising please contact us after 12 weeks ...told them I am over 12 weeks ..this is their reply after 1 hour :

" Dear Sir/Madam,

A decision has been made on your application but it has not yet been returned to Gerrys by the British High Commission in Islamabad. I have contacted my colleagues in Islamabad who will look in to why and will try to ensure that the application is returned to Gerrys as soon as possible. Once Gerrys have the passport they will contact you to collect it.Please accept our apologies for this delay and if you have not been contacted in 2 weeks please contact us again at this address.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team "

Email backed for what the decision is and what date it was made ..told them it was my Birthday this week and could they give me a present to ease my waiting... :wink:

ten minutes later :

Sir

As you are the sponsor and your email address matches that provided with the application form we can inform you that the visa has been issued

Thank you

UK Visa Section

I contacted my MP last week had a meeting with him, advised he has over 200 cases he is dealing with in his office...called his office everyday to chase up for update ....and they got me answer yesterday to say visa was processed on the 19/07/10 and is now awaiting for it to be stamped into the passport....am not celebrating until see the passport with visa in ...

See link below that MP's use for guidance on chasing up visa enquires.

http://www.w4mp.org/html/library/guides ... ration.asp

Applied mirpur 20/05/2010
Hr contacted 13/07/2010
App processed 19/07/2010
Email UKBA 12/08/2010

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:03 am

joe_90

Please could you tell me what email address did you use thanx!
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:28 am

Salaam,

So as my twelve weeks are coming to an end I decided to contact my MP's office and requested that they contact the border agency. I was extremely disappointed when the person who deals with immigration in her office said "well what do you want me to do?" and asked "Tell me why your application should be given preference?".

I did explain that all I want to know is if it has been processed and what the decision was, and that I don't want to be given any preference. I then went on to explain that a few people i know have contacted there MP's office who have been helpful in determining whether the application has been processed and if so what decision was made - her response being "well they shouldn't have done that, the first person to know should be your wife".

I literally begged her to contact the UKBA and find out - she just seemed so disinterested and I was left quite disappointed.

So, for all of you that have had a helpful MP you're very lucky. After the conversation I had I don't hold any hope of my MP's office coming back to me anytime soon.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am

and this is what I received from UK Hub...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed on 9th August. We do not provide the nature of the decision by e-mail - the applicant will be aware of the decision when they collect their passport.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 am

NAZ786 wrote:joe_90

Please could you tell me what email address did you use thanx!
<UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk>

This is the email address i used they replied about couple of hours later and ten mins later when requested the outcome of application.

I had problems with my MP he advised he was dealing with over 200 app like mine and will take 2 weeks before his office will deal with it...i got fed up with this so decided to contact another MP explained the situation she found out the outcome and the time it was processed after 2 hours i emailed her ...but advised couldn't not put into writing as she is not my MP...

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 pm

i emailed 'UKHUB.PAKISTANGenealEnquiries@fco.gov.uk' on Wednesday about my husbands visa which was submitted on 26/05/10 and i still havent got a reply from them. I just emailed them again today but i think they are closed today because of independance day. so just going to have to wait till Monday. :-(

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Sometimes I think they just forward the emails on and you end up with a reply a week later. I doubt they're closed as they should be based in the UK.

Seems like a few people have had the 'sponsor's email/visa issued' response. Don't know if that is comforting or worrying! :?
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

mkak

Post by mkak » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:36 pm

asmajafar wrote:i emailed 'UKHUB.PAKISTANGenealEnquiries@fco.gov.uk' on Wednesday about my husbands visa which was submitted on 26/05/10 and i still havent got a reply from them. I just emailed them again today but i think they are closed today because of independance day. so just going to have to wait till Monday. :-(
email at UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
i never got reply from UKHUB.PAKISTANGenealEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

yh i got a reply from them saying if the 12 weeks have lapsed then contact us, it has been 11 weeks 2 days so i will contact them next wednesday now. just need to wait another week.

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Hello

My wife applied on 31-03-10 at Lahore, since then there has been no change at all, it still says "Application Forwarded..." and there has been no contact to the employer. It has been over 19 weeks, surely some sort of record.

Anyway after a number of emails, they had said they cant give the verdict but did say that it had been processed in May. After a few delays and since it had been nearly 3 months since the verdict, I had become worried that even if she did get the Visa she would still not be able to travel. Anyway I asked for the exact date and got the following reply today.
The exact date was 20th May. As there has been a delay in printing the visa has been reissued from 12th August - it will therefore be valid for 27 months from 12th August.
Now I may be jumping the gun here but it seems she may have got the visa. This is the first positive response I have had. Still have no idea how much longer we will have to wait but I hope it wont take another reissue.

Happy Ramadan to all.

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

how has yours been over 19 weeks when my husband submitted his app 26/03/10 and it has been 11 weeks am i calculating it wrong or are you? let me know so i can email them again!

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 pm

whoops sorry my app was submitted in may not march sorry i got confused! my 12 weeks going to be next wedenesday and still not heard anything. I am going to email them next week now to find out- hopefully it will be gud news!

SF786

Post by SF786 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 pm

asmajafar if you submitted on 26 march 2010 then it has been exactly 20 weeks for you today
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Visa issue date/How much days has the applicant to leave?

Post by Bj Touch » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Salaam all,

Once someone gets their visa, how much days do they have to leave Pakistan before it expires? Does anyone know...

batleykhan

Re: Visa issue date/How much days has the applicant to leave

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Bj Touch wrote:Salaam all,

Once someone gets their visa, how much days do they have to leave Pakistan before it expires? Does anyone know...
3 months from date visa was issued

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

i emailed the visa section this morning, telling them it was coming up to the 16th week and we had still not heard from them and the reply is:

Dear Mrs Hussain,

Thank you for your email. I have contacted my colleagues working at the visa section in the British High Commission in Islamabad and I have requested that they look into the delay that you are experiencing in regards to collecting your husband's passport.

As explained in my previous email I can confirm that a decision on this application was made on 25th May 2010 however, due to the Data Protection Act we are unable to tell you the decision that was made .

Please can I ask you to refrain from contacting us as we are currently processing your husband's visa application. Please be advised that any subsequent emails regarding this matter will be deleted and not read.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Regards
UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

I have a gut feeling that it has been rejected and they just cannot tell me just incase i start questioning them... or am i wrong to say that?

qasimb123
Newly Registered

Post by qasimb123 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Farah Hussain just out of intrest did u go to wolverhampton university

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 pm

qasimb123 wrote:Farah Hussain just out of intrest did u go to wolverhampton university
Yes i did, ur name is ringing some bells....r u fahd's/ biggys mate?

asmajafar

Post by asmajafar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm

to farahussain, that is unfair they are saying due to dpa they cannot tell as some people on this forum are saying they have been told.

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:31 pm

asmajafar wrote:to farahussain, that is unfair they are saying due to dpa they cannot tell as some people on this forum are saying they have been told.
i know tell me about it!!!... thats why im thinking on the lines that they have rejected it and they dont wish to break the news through an email....allah swt knows best..

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Pregnant women flying with PIA as informed by PIA customer services:

1st reply

With reference to your query regarding expecting mother, kindly find the all requirements for expecting mother:

· Travelling is allowed without medical certificate till 24th week of pregnancy.

· 25th till 32nd week of pregnancy (subject to medical certificate)

· After 32nd week of pregnancy (travelling is not allowed).

· Within 7 days before and after delivery traveling not allowed.

· Within the first 7 days after delivery, travelling is not allowed.

Please be sure to provide the medical certificate and it should be given within 72 hours or seven days prior to commencement of travel whichever is earliest. It must be issued by a registered doctor or gynecologist, clearly stating the month of pregnancy and fitness to travel by air.

2nd reply
With reference to your email, kindly be informed that following conditions are applied for traveling of an expectant mother,

· Up to and including 24th week of pregnancy, traveling is allowed without any medical or clearance certificate.

· From 25th week up to 32nd week, traveling shall be subject to a medical certificate from a registered doctor.

· After 32nd week till first 7 days after delivery, traveling is not allowed.

Please note that the medical certificate must be issued within 72 hours of flight departure otherwise it will not be acceptable.

A quick google revealed that most airlines restrict after 35/36 weeks.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy