ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (G) Extension query - CurrentVisa expire on June 2011

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovnishs

Tier-1 (G) Extension query - CurrentVisa expire on June 2011

Post by lovnishs » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Hello,

I have a query regarding my extension.

I initially came to UK on Work Permit on 31 July 2007.

In between I switched my category from WP to Tier-1 (G) and got the approval on 11 June 2008. So my present visa validity is till 10 June 2011.

If I apply visa now then I could pass according to points in various sections. I am planning to apply on October 2010

However, not sure, if it ll make any impact in my application consderation. I know, if I would be granted visa then it would start from my date of application that would be in October 2010. So considering my overall working duration in UK, Would it make any difference when I would apply for PR (5 years requirement?)

Note:- My dependants (Wife & Child) entered UK on December 2007. Any issues with dependants ?

I highly appreciate your any response to it.

Many thanks in advance :-)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Reading below thread might help in regards to the early extension!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60862
Last edited by aruni4470 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Aruni,

I guess, you didnt understand my full query.

The thread you told is just to clarif on how much early I can apply.

But I wanted to confirm my thought, Even if I apply in october 2010 then also I would complete 5 years in UK before my extension expires. So there shouldn't be any issues at the time of PR ? What you say ?

Could you confirm if thats correct what I am saying.

Thanks for your reply.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:56 pm

lovnishs wrote:Aruni,

I guess, you didnt understand my full query.

The thread you told is just to clarif on how much early I can apply.

But I wanted to confirm my thought, Even if I apply in october 2010 then also I would complete 5 years in UK before my extension expires. So there shouldn't be any issues at the time of PR ? What you say ?

Could you confirm if thats correct what I am saying.

Thanks for your reply.
I have understood your full query. My only intention in directing you to the above thread was to to make you aware that early extentions are done solely at the discretion of the caseworker.

If the caseworker gives you early extention, then I think there would be no issues to apply for ILR in July 2012.

In regards to your dependants, though I think there would not be any issues, they will have to extend once again. (assuming they have leave till June 2011)

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 (G) Extension query - CurrentVisa expire on June

Post by *FC* » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:01 pm

lovnishs wrote:if I would be granted visa then it would start from my date of application that would be in October 2010.
There is no rule which states that it will be from the day of application. Many people received it from the date of expiry of the Visa and a few received it from the date of application. I have read a few cases about people sending back the passports to HO and getting the date changed to 2 years hence from the actual date of expiry.

Cheers!

lovnishs

Re: Tier-1 (G) Extension query - CurrentVisa expire on June

Post by lovnishs » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Okay. Is there any case you read where the visa is rejected just because of applying more than 3-6 months early ??

thanks