ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Hunting experience till date

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 am

So for now I am through with the interviews and waiting for the results so i would just share my experience for the 2 major interviews that I had:

Company 1:

1) Telephonic round--HR..generic questions askedand then invited for the 1st technical round

2) 1st technical round was with the Testing head(as my work profile is in Testing)--One written test based on logical thinking and ISEB/ISTQB understanding..it lasted 1 round ...Cleared that and was called for the second round...

3) 2nd Technical round--This was with the Techincal architect & Testing head in the same room: I was asked by the HR to prepare a presentation for my 2nd round after i cleared my 1st round . So i presented the .ppt to the tech architect and there were questions around..went smooth as i had an idea about the presentation i was making for a change ;-)...then there were some technical questions around web technologies where there wwere some hiccups as i had to pass a few questions ...then a wireframe and was asked to build some sceanros etc etc .. in all i was 80% satisfied with the interview which lasted for 1:40 min..phew...but could have studied more...now waiting for the result

Company 2:

1) Ist round HR telephonic-- cleared that(already explained in my earlier threads)
2) 2nd round--was an online test--this was technical with questions around testing, test planning,approach , automation etc...cleared this and then was invited by HR for f2f...
3) 3rd round--F2f with the techincal architect who asked some generic questions , questions around my work profile, gave some case studies, some behavourial scenarios etc etc..this lasted for 1 hour ..Then I was told by the interviewer that the HR will contact me...now waiting for the results...

I have not given any specific question as i hope everyone will understand why but the above was a skeleton of the major interviews that i attended till now..hope it helps!!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:09 am

And BTW this thread can be used to post any of the member's experiences as well..it is not mandatory to be restricted to my personal experiences ;-)

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Wanted to share a bit of a breather now!!

Company 2 which has a motto of "High performance Delivered" offered me the job today..the salary is not as great as I was expecting but for starters i think i will take it as it is a Tier-1 organisation and the prospects look good...

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 pm

aspirant99 wrote:Wanted to share a bit of a breather now!!

Company 2 which has a motto of "High performance Delivered" offered me the job today..the salary is not as great as I was expecting but for starters i think i will take it as it is a Tier-1 organisation and the prospects look good...
aspirant99 - without jumping the gun....we may be colleagues!!!!

PS : Testing the waters to see UK's real job scenario has been my ongoing task for the past month.......the details will follow very soon to my dear members :wink:

KP

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 am

kenfrapin wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:Wanted to share a bit of a breather now!!

aspirant99 - without jumping the gun....we may be colleagues!!!!

PS : Testing the waters to see UK's real job scenario has been my ongoing task for the past month.......the details will follow very soon to my dear members :wink:

KP
Fantastic!!...Hope to catch you soon :)...

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm

aspirant99 wrote:So for now I am through with the interviews and waiting for the results so i would just share my experience for the 2 major interviews that I had:

Company 1:

1) Telephonic round--HR..generic questions askedand then invited for the 1st technical round

2) 1st technical round was with the Testing head(as my work profile is in Testing)--One written test based on logical thinking and ISEB/ISTQB understanding..it lasted 1 round ...Cleared that and was called for the second round...

3) 2nd Technical round--This was with the Techincal architect & Testing head in the same room: I was asked by the HR to prepare a presentation for my 2nd round after i cleared my 1st round . So i presented the .ppt to the tech architect and there were questions around..went smooth as i had an idea about the presentation i was making for a change ;-)...then there were some technical questions around web technologies where there wwere some hiccups as i had to pass a few questions ...then a wireframe and was asked to build some sceanros etc etc .. in all i was 80% satisfied with the interview which lasted for 1:40 min..phew...but could have studied more...now waiting for the result

Company 2:

1) Ist round HR telephonic-- cleared that(already explained in my earlier threads)
2) 2nd round--was an online test--this was technical with questions around testing, test planning,approach , automation etc...cleared this and then was invited by HR for f2f...
3) 3rd round--F2f with the techincal architect who asked some generic questions , questions around my work profile, gave some case studies, some behavourial scenarios etc etc..this lasted for 1 hour ..Then I was told by the interviewer that the HR will contact me...now waiting for the results...

I have not given any specific question as i hope everyone will understand why but the above was a skeleton of the major interviews that i attended till now..hope it helps!!
Looks sooper 8)
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

vet

Post by vet » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:23 pm

wow!! offer from "High performance Delivered" is great!! congrats!!!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:28 pm

vet wrote:wow!! offer from "High performance Delivered" is great!! congrats!!!
Thanks mate!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm

What Accenture?

Epic fail!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:13 am

Wanderer wrote:What Accenture?

Epic fail!
Bit more details might actually help!!

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 pm

More details can be found at Glass Door - very useful website for checking potential employers (as long as it is rather big company).

Quotes about A.:
Pay is bad considering how many hours you are expected to work and this seems to get worse the more senior you are.
Bad reputation within the market so you often get a lot of staff at client sites that already hate you before you've even started. Ridiculous laddering system for promotions. High level of travel expected.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh, and please please please don't call telephone interviews telephonic - nobody uses that word anymore! :?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 pm

wunder wrote:Oh, and please please please don't call telephone interviews telephonic - nobody uses that word anymore! :?
Thanks for being the tutor here..but the question is ...do i care what you preach or teach???...

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 pm

wunder wrote:More details can be found at Glass Door - very useful website for checking potential employers (as long as it is rather big company).

Quotes about A.:
Pay is bad considering how many hours you are expected to work and this seems to get worse the more senior you are.
Bad reputation within the market so you often get a lot of staff at client sites that already hate you before you've even started. Ridiculous laddering system for promotions. High level of travel expected.
BTW I went to the site you pointed out but what i found is exactly the opposite that you said...for reference: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Accent ... -E4138.htm

Im not saying this because i have got the offer as finally i might not even join there as i have got one more lined up..but .....But A.. has a bad reputation in the market????...That's new..totally new to me:)
Last edited by aspirant99 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 pm

I don't preach or teach anything. I just wrote my experience - most people are usually thankful when their language deficiencies are corrected.

About A.:
notice how most of positive reviews belong to US locations. Anyway, I only gave you a link (and I did heard some bad things about them in the past from a couple of contractors I worked with).

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:31 pm

wunder wrote:I don't preach or teach anything. I just wrote my experience - most people are usually thankful when their language deficiencies are corrected.

About A.:
notice how most of positive reviews belong to US locations. Anyway, I only gave you a link (and I did heard some bad things about them in the past from a couple of contractors I worked with).
I might have thanked as well for correcting me but the tone of your writing didn't seem quite helpful or pleasant to me ..so not sure which side the deficiencies lie...

Point 1: With an organisation one can't start saggregating as per zones, counties, countries, continents etc..it is a brand and a prospective employee has to consider the brand just like one can't start differenciating between burger king on times square or piccadily square...

Point 2: You actually made the point urself..you "Heard" from a "couple" of "contractors"....brother these three words in quote is the farthest you can be from actual reality when guaging an employer and then you convert your assumptions into a generic statement...I might sound to be patronizing the employer here but I am not...The point i m trying to make is there are people, members who might be trying for a particular employer and ambiguos statements like these might put them off and they might not even try...hope I make some sense....peace!!

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:57 pm

aspirant99 wrote:the tone of your writing didn't seem quite helpful or pleasant to me
Well, I thought the please please please part would convey some lack of seriousness of my side :wink: :lol:
No need to be grumpy :oops:

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 pm

wunder wrote:More details can be found at Glass Door - very useful website for checking potential employers (as long as it is rather big company).
]
Though all your posts have been commendable so far, in this instance my dear friend, it is incorrect. Glass door is merely a portal to vent out frustrations by those employees who just could not take it in a challenging industry and hence had to leave.
Moreover, a lot of the comments are posted by those who have either joined at the lowest level or those who have spent a lot of time, achieved nothing, got nowhere and then, finally, bitched their hearts outs on Glass Door

To make money - you work hard.
Work exactly 37.5 hrs per week and get paid market rates but you have an easy relaxed life.
Work about 40-60 hrs per week, slog your brains out and reap rewards - make money and grow as much as you can

The world of Consulting is only for those who are ready to slog it out to earn their buck - its only those who are born into rich families with connections who can get TOP degrees and TOP jobs and get the CASH without really WORKING hard

The real truth is this - for an average or normal employee, Consulting companies pave the way to make your own future. You play the game and you get the reward. If you laze around, do only what's required, then best to stay out of Consulting and get a job in the Public Sector or a standard company and earn standard salaries.

In the end, well earned money comes to those who slog it out and there is no industry better than Consulting to see how good you are and see what you are truly worth

All this comes from over 8 years in a role that has been pseudo Consulting and pseudo shite!!!

EDIT - If you want, I can point you to genuine forums where practical advice - both good and bad - are given by those working in the Big4 Companies. These are real sources of truth and not sites like Glassdoor

KP

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Doesn't alter the fact Accenture are crap! Allegedly of course!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 am

wunder wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:the tone of your writing didn't seem quite helpful or pleasant to me
Well, I thought the please please please part would convey some lack of seriousness of my side :wink: :lol:
No need to be grumpy :oops:
me being IT..im supposed to stay grumpy most of the times...isn't it ;-)..

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 am

Wanderer wrote:Doesn't alter the fact Accenture are crap! Allegedly of course!
Agreed if one works at Analyst or Junior Consultant level - All you so is listen to higher level bosses shouting and barking orders and one has no role whatsoever other than that of a slave

TOTALLY disagree if one works as a Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager etc coz by then you know how to handle the Consulting world, you would have, most probably, gone through years of misery and can now really play the hard ball game of business and account management :wink:

KP

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 am

kenfrapin wrote:Glass door is merely a portal to vent out frustrations by those employees who just could not take it in a challenging industry and hence had to leave.
This is true to some extent, but Glassdoor also has a lot of reviews from people who wrote them to get free access - and those are not necessary bad. Plus even in bad reviews you can see some common themes.
aspirant99 wrote:me being IT..im supposed to stay grumpy most of the times...isn't it ;-)..
I'm also in IT - and I'm not grumpy :wink:

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:10 am

Hi aspirant99, Could you please let me know how this skype works ?

I want to use my Inida mobile number to receive calls as I am not using any computer to pick skype calls

If I take skye UK number can I forward that to India Mobile?

I think once recruiters make a call to my UK number(subscribed from SKype) then automatically once call is forwarded then I can receive UK call on my India Mobile.Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:58 am

asal wrote:Hi aspirant99, Could you please let me know how this skype works ?

I want to use my Inida mobile number to receive calls as I am not using any computer to pick skype calls

If I take skye UK number can I forward that to India Mobile?

I think once recruiters make a call to my UK number(subscribed from SKype) then automatically once call is forwarded then I can receive UK call on my India Mobile.Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks.
Yes, you can forward your calls on to your mobile number in India..However, you have to buy a subscription available on the skype website...I bought a 3 month subscription.

Yes, you are correct in assuming that the call will be forwarded to your number once the recruters call but of course you have to enter the number you want the call on in the call forwarding options.

I can't remember the websites but some of my friends said that there are websites other than skype where you do not have to pay for the UK number and the call forwarding facilities...Haven't tried them nor do i remember them so if you want to save some money then you can dig out a bit more on the web and I am sure you will come across such facilities...but again I haven't tried those websites so cannot guarantee..good luck!!

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 am

Many thanks Aspirant99.