ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help me plz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

help me plz

Post by ahmed1702 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 am

I am from Tunisia I have been married for almost 7 months my wife is from the UK she lives with me here in tunisia she doesnt work and is on benifits. We think to live in the UK and we want to do the Spouse Visa what is the documents that we need to do this visa? (My wife is on benifits because she is Ill) Help me please

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:10 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Thank you very much. Does anyone have any other ideas about what other documents we need my wife doesnt have accomodation in the UK but goes back to the UK every 6 months to see family will she need to apply for a house for us to do the spouse visa? Ahmed

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Is there anyone that can help me Please

Post by ahmed1702 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Anyone who can help me with this i would be greatful thanks we need everyones help who knows.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Is there anyone that can help me Please

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:00 am

ahmed1702 wrote:Anyone who can help me with this i would be greatful thanks we need everyones help who knows.
Read thread spouse visa Pakistan..
They have every detail.

Ali

vinny

Re: Is there anyone that can help me Please

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:21 am

alikhan28 wrote:
ahmed1702 wrote:Anyone who can help me with this i would be greatful thanks we need everyones help who knows.
Read thread spouse visa Pakistan..
They have every detail.

Ali
Currently, it's 347 pages long!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks to everyone who has replied to us. Is there anything else that we need to know? does anyone know how much spouse visa is and how much we need in my bank account and my wife's bank account? Also is it better doing it through a lawyer from the UK? Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 am

ahmed1702 wrote:Thanks to everyone who has replied to us. Is there anything else that we need to know? does anyone know how much spouse visa is and how much we need in my bank account and my wife's bank account? Also is it better doing it through a lawyer from the UK? Thanks
£685 I think, but will be very difficult with no UK income or huge savings...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:35 am

Oh I see ok. This. Yes it probably will be but my wife is with me in tunisia but i think she will have to go back to apply for a house to do the spouse visa will she? Because i think you need a house there??? It would be good to know if she had to or not.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:50 am

ahmed1702 wrote:Oh I see ok. This. Yes it probably will be but my wife is with me in tunisia but i think she will have to go back to apply for a house to do the spouse visa will she? Because i think you need a house there??? It would be good to know if she had to or not.
Best plan is for her to move back to UK, establish herself with house and job, but if she's not working then you are going to struggle, UK benefits are geared to the person in need, not plus one, plus if she's been away from UK for any length of time then she won't be eligible.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:00 am

Hi this is Ahmed's wife speaking me personally and my husband knows this that i dont want to leave to go back to the UK alone i want to go back with my husband and he knows that too. we just need to know everything that we have to do and start planning. What do you mean i wont be eligable?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:20 am

ahmed1702 wrote:Hi this is Ahmed's wife speaking me personally and my husband knows this that i dont want to leave to go back to the UK alone i want to go back with my husband and he knows that too. we just need to know everything that we have to do and start planning. What do you mean i wont be eligable?
If you've been away from UK for some time u won't be eligible for benefits, depending on where you are WRT to NI contributions before you left, normally two years.

Even so, no income and nowhere to stay means no spouse visa for your husband, you need to establish yourself here first and show the HO u can;

1. Support your husband.

2. Accomodate him and urself without overcrowding.

Catch 22....

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:39 am

Yes I know and they know that aswell I have not been away for that long and i will be returning in October to see family but i can be away then return then go away again because i was told that anyway..... But I know that I have to have a house there for my husband to come to but is there anyway for him to come with me??? Thanks for all the replies

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 am

ahmed1702 wrote:Yes I know and they know that aswell I have not been away for that long and i will be returning in October to see family but i can be away then return then go away again because i was told that anyway..... But I know that I have to have a house there for my husband to come to but is there anyway for him to come with me??? Thanks for all the replies
As everyone has said to you already, if you want your husband here, you need to get established first or have significant savings. There is no exception.

Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but asking over and over again will not mean that you will get different answers. Unless you want to hear lies.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ahmed1702 wrote:Thanks to everyone who has replied to us. Is there anything else that we need to know? does anyone know how much spouse visa is and how much we need in my bank account and my wife's bank account? Also is it better doing it through a lawyer from the UK? Thanks
No you need £100.75 per week after accommodation and council tax so in total you need &403 per months.

Ali

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:31 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
No you need £100.75 per week after accommodation and council tax so in total you need &403 per months.

Ali
I was referring to the spouse visa application fee...

And there are 4.33 weeks in a calendar month, not 4.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Thankyou for all the help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm

One major point. Are you both over 21?

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 pm

yes we are I am 22 and my wife is 29. we already have done the family visiter visa and got refused we have now made an appeal and sent it to the embassy now we are just waiting to hear from them we got married here in febuary and my wife has been here with me since january but she goes back every 6 months to see family we are now planning on doing the spouse visa soon we are looking for everything that we have to do to get all the documentations right my wife plans to travel to the UK in october to see family and thats why we tried to do family visiter visa but it got refused because the UK embassy in tunis thought I was not planning on coming back and i was thinking to myself how could that be when we put in the application that my wife was going and returning with me.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:11 am

Any new information that anyone has would be great to know thanks :)

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:32 pm

just a wee thought from me if your wife is claiming benefits and living outside the UK as she now appears to be doing this will not be looked on very favourably
pennyless