ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement requirement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Bank statement requirement

Post by enigma_sinai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 am

Hello,
I am Egyptian, and I have applied for a visitor visa online, however, my sponsor has provided the following in his letter:
• I have invited Mr Yasser Salama to stay with my family and myself for a two-week holiday during September /October 2010.( Dates to be confirmed with Mr Salama if Visa application successful. )
• If Visa application is successful, I will book and pay for return flights for Mr Salama.
• My family and I live at Gwindra Cottage, the property where Mr Salama will be staying for the duration of his time in the UK. The property is freehold, mortgage free and owned by myself.
• I will be providing the accommodation, food and transport for the duration of his stay.
• I have sufficient funds to support Mr Salama during his stay. (Copies of Bank statements attached from November 2009 onwards) I have supplied details of a savings account, which has a balance of £2500, which I feel would be sufficient to support Mr Salama, if required.

Now after considering the previous lines, am I asked to provide the embassy with my bank statement? and what for?
We usually use cash here!
Another question is that I am self employed and I manage the properties of my family: rental apartments and shops, and leases are signed by my name, should i translate the leases into English and provide them in order to prove my activities?
One last question please, they ask me to provide them with any evidence that shows the need of my return. Well, i have mentioned in my application that i have my mother and five siblings whom I am responsible for, plus our story house building and mango farm. How can I prove that I have my family which I am looking after?

Thank you and I appreciate your precious time.

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 pm

My post was moved without any answer!
How helpful!

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Bank statement requirement

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:03 pm

I am Egyptian, and I have applied for a visitor visa online, however, my sponsor has provided the following in his letter:
• I have invited Mr Yasser Salama to stay with my family and myself for a two-week holiday during September /October 2010.( Dates to be confirmed with Mr Salama if Visa application successful. )
Why you have not given exact dates?

•If Visa application is successful, I will book and pay for return flights for Mr Salama.
Again why you can not book return ticket before.This is going against you.
My family and I live at Gwindra Cottage, the property where Mr Salama will be staying for the duration of his time in the UK. The property is freehold, mortgage free and owned by myself.
I will be providing the accommodation, food and transport for the duration of his stay.
Provide evidence like title deeds and registry plan to prove ownership;
also property inspection report and council tax bills ect.
•I have sufficient funds to support Mr Salama during his stay. (Copies of Bank statements attached from November 2009 onwards) I have supplied details of a savings account, which has a balance of £2500, which I feel would be sufficient to support Mr Salama, if required.
£2500 is ok but not a big amount.
Now after considering the previous lines, am I asked to provide the embassy with my bank statement? and what for?
Are you telling you have no bank account?Well Embassy always ask for bank statments.
Another question is that I am self employed and I manage the properties of my family: rental apartments and shops, and leases are signed by my name, should i translate the leases into English and provide them in order to prove my activities?
Then provide lease documents with certify translations.rent income receipts and property valuations.
One last question please, they ask me to provide them with any evidence that shows the need of my return. Well, i have mentioned in my application that i have my mother and five siblings whom I am responsible for, plus our story house building and mango farm. How can I prove that I have my family which I am looking after?
But you can prove you have mother,father ect plus good property plus good income and you would not overstay yours visa.

Provide max evidence.

Ali

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:28 am

alikhan28 wrote:I am Egyptian, and I have applied for a visitor visa online, however, my sponsor has provided the following in his letter:
Why you have not given exact dates?

The date is mentioned in my application, which is 10 Sep, but my sponsor does not know how long it would take for the embassy to decide whether I am approved or refused.
•If Visa application is successful, I will book and pay for return flights for Mr Salama.
Again why you can not book return ticket before.This is going against you.

Because if he booked and paid for return flight and then visa has been refused, would the airline gives the money back to him? please explain!
My family and I live at Gwindra Cottage, the property where Mr Salama will be staying for the duration of his time in the UK. The property is freehold, mortgage free and owned by myself.
I will be providing the accommodation, food and transport for the duration of his stay.
Provide evidence like title deeds and registry plan to prove ownership;
also property inspection report and council tax bills ect.

I will forward this to him.
•I have sufficient funds to support Mr Salama during his stay. (Copies of Bank statements attached from November 2009 onwards) I have supplied details of a savings account, which has a balance of £2500, which I feel would be sufficient to support Mr Salama, if required.
£2500 is ok but not a big amount.
Are you telling you have no bank account?Well Embassy always ask for bank statments.

I have bank statement going back to 6 months, but I have deposited a sum of 20.000 EGP recently week ago, Is that OK?
Then provide lease documents with certify translations.rent income receipts and property valuations.

good!
But you can prove you have mother,father ect plus good property plus good income and you would not overstay yours visa.

Provide max evidence.

Ali
It is really Helpful.
I would appreciate any further info.
Thank you very much sir.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The date is mentioned in my application, which is 10 Sep, but my sponsor does not know how long it would take for the embassy to decide whether I am approved or refused.

You should stick to yours date you have mention in form.

Because if he booked and paid for return flight and then visa has been refused, would the airline gives the money back to him? please explain!

This is yours problem.No home office problem

I have bank statement going back to 6 months, but I have deposited a sum of 20.000 EGP recently week ago, Is that OK?
You need evidence of this money.From where you get this money and provide this evidence to home office with letter to explain.

If you have evidence then fine.

Ali

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:58 pm

alikhan28 wrote:

You should stick to yours date you have mention in form.

This is yours problem.No home office problem

You need evidence of this money.From where you get this money and provide this evidence to home office with letter to explain.

If you have evidence then fine.

Ali
Well it make no sense at all, home office would be ridiculous to assume that applicants should book and pay for flight tickets before getting visa!

as for date, sponsor is flexible on date of visit, not an issue for them in UK. He also has no idea how long visa application will take.

thanks again sir

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Well it make no sense at all, home office would be ridiculous to assume that applicants should book and pay for flight tickets before getting visa!

as for date, sponsor is flexible on date of visit, not an issue for them in UK. He also has no idea how long visa application will take.

thanks again sir
I understand yours point of view.If I am in yours place I would think the same.

The Eco need to convenience that you would not overstay yours visit visa and would return at expiry of visa.Return ticket is not mandatory..only creates a good impression.

Best Luck

Ali

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 am

hmmm that is ok

this is from border agency site:

Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document

The date of the translation

The translator’s full name and signature

The translator’s contact details.

they dont mention anything about"certified translation".. they just ask about details of translator!

what do u think?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 pm

enigma_sinai wrote:hmmm that is ok

this is from border agency site:

Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document

The date of the translation

The translator’s full name and signature

The translator’s contact details.

they dont mention anything about"certified translation".. they just ask about details of translator!

what do u think?

Go to Nortary Public and ask him to certify and this is accepted.

Ali

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Ok, I can manage this...I know I bother you Mr Ali, but i have one last question.
I told them in the application that I am responsible for my mother and 5 younger siblings, and as they ask for evidence to show that I would return back to my country, what can I do to prove that? should i translate death certificate for my father and birth certificate for my mother and siblings? this part is tricky and I do not understand!

Thank you for your generosity

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 am

Similar to visitors to the USA, visitors should show "strong ties" to home country.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 am

Bless you :D

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm

I told them in the application that I am responsible for my mother and 5 younger siblings, and as they ask for evidence to show that I would return back to my country, what can I do to prove that? should i translate death certificate for my father and birth certificate for my mother and siblings? this part is tricky and I do not understand!
Yes you can include yours father death certificate and other evidence.

Ali

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you Ali, but they ask for original documents so I will provide imprtant documents such as ownership and building permits.
Will they give me these documents back whether my application is successful or not?
Because these documents are very important and getting them again from the Government would be very hard if not impossible!

Appreciated!

enigma_sinai
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_sinai » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Hello Mr Ali
My visa has been refused for these reasons, which i think it's unfair:
You have applied to visit a friend in the UK.
You state that you are studying and you are self-employed as a Property Manager. You state that your total monthly income is 7450 EGO(equivalent to 784 sterling.
In support of your application, you have provided several documents relating to land and property. however, it is not clear if any income is generated from these assets.(well, I have provided leases for several apartments, shops and the farm which every lease indicates the monthly income. and all these leases indicate the number of the building that I provided its Deed and building permit as well)

As evidence of your funds, you have provided a bank statement from National Bank OF Egypt, this is dated from 18 March until 22 August. this shows four large deposits during this period only.on the 24 July the account balance dropped to 64 EGP, followed by a large deposit on 17 August.
you have not provided any evidence to indicate that you have a regular income.( do I need to deposit every monthly income into my account? it is not happening here. however, the leases themselves show the regular income. and as for large deposits, it could be an installment of the rented farm as the farm lease indicates that I rented it by installments.it could be the sum of my car that I sold)

you have not provided any evidence to indicate that you have a regular income and it is not clear from your application, where these funds have come from.(again, what are leases mean?and the monthly income they indicate?)

Iam not satisfied that this is an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances.
Take the above into consideration,, iam not satisfied that you have demonstrated that you meet the requirements of paragraph 41.
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied (how can I make him/her satisfied?)

I really don't know what else I can do? I think I have provided all documents needed, but I don't understand their pretext!

I would appreciate any comment.
Thank you