ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Financial Problem???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mteja
United Kingdom

ILR Financial Problem???

Post by mteja » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Hello guys,

Am due for to apply for my ILR next month. My husband has been working for a company in UK. The company has got branches in Austaralia, USA and Europe.

The UK company has just gone to receivership, but prior to that the last two months to date he has been working for the USA Branch but being paid by the UK Branch which is the company that had employed him. For the two months he has been working for USA company they have been paying him in BACS, that is the money being transfered direct to his UK account. But he has not paid the taxes in those two months. He is planning to pay his own tax since he is still working for this USA company.And he was planning to do it quarterly.

Now my worry is will him not having paid the tax for the last two months have an effect on my ILR? I have been working though only part-time.

Should i not submit this letters from bank showing the BACs has been submitted in his account? or should i say he has been unemployed for the last three months by the timei submit my application? what should i do?
togetherness as one

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: ILR Financial Problem???

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 pm

mteja wrote:Hello guys,

Am due for to apply for my ILR next month. My husband has been working for a company in UK. The company has got branches in Austaralia, USA and Europe.

The UK company has just gone to receivership, but prior to that the last two months to date he has been working for the USA Branch but being paid by the UK Branch which is the company that had employed him. For the two months he has been working for USA company they have been paying him in BACS, that is the money being transfered direct to his UK account.

But he has not paid the taxes in those two months. He is planning to pay his own tax since he is still working for thisill USA company.And he was planning to do it quarterly.

Now my worry is will him not having paid the tax for the last two months have an effect on my ILR? I have been working though only part-time.

Should i not submit this letters from bank showing the BACs has been submitted in his account? or should i say he has been unemployed for the last three months by the times submit my application? what should i do?
There is no need to lie.

You can write a cover letter to explain this and you can still pay taxes by contacting Tax and revenue and asking how to pay tax for this.Showing him unemployed for 3 months would not give a good impression.

You should explain yours situation ..what you can expect if home office pick this amount in his bank statement.

Ali