ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:44 pm

kaidee wrote:Sometimes I think they just forward the emails on and you end up with a reply a week later. I doubt they're closed as they should be based in the UK.

Seems like a few people have had the 'sponsor's email/visa issued' response. Don't know if that is comforting or worrying! :?
well i emailed them 10 days ago enquiring whats going on as its been 15wks and no reply!!!

i think the reasons they are telling people in email re. visa's being issued is bcoz its taking long at the embassy to issue passports back...i cant think of any other reason

londongood

Post by londongood » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:06 pm

AOA786

I submit d my application in June and any body there who submitted in the same month?

yes i applied in june for my wife but still no update

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Salaam All,

Please can you advise which is the address to e-mail for enquiries:

UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

OR

ukhub.pakistansettlementenquiriesandcomplaints@fco.gov.uk

Thanks
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:46 pm

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 pm

navalaviator wrote:Did any one here apply in july???????[/color] :roll:
navalaviator I applied in July last month 22nd of July. I went to Mirpur office myself with my mrs. Even though they didnt let me in.
Last edited by K44MYY on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:20 pm

newbie21 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Did any one here apply in july??????? :roll:
hi my husband applied on the 27th of july

application is under process now...
newbie21 which office did you apply? well my Mrs and I went to Mirpur on the 22nd of July. I was there with her in Pakistan.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:21 pm

yoda121 wrote:July here also.

App submitted 19/7
yoda121 where at?
K44MYY

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:26 pm

K44MYY wrote:
newbie21 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:Did any one here apply in july??????? :roll:
hi my husband applied on the 27th of july

application is under process now...
newbie21 which office did you apply? well my Mrs and I went to Mirpur on the 22nd of July. I was there with her in Pakistan.
apllied at islamabad

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:43 pm

why does it take two months from the date of ''under process at BHC'' for the eco to contact employers?

Henah

Post by Henah » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 pm

God knows why they like to take thier time with everything... and they Dont always contact employers only when they need to... I submit my case tmro!!!

Hope everyones ramadhams going great- remember the victims of the floods in ure duas.. and all those waitinf for visas to be issues!!!

DUAS PLEASE!!! :)

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi guys, I was posting in another thread so I thought I'd drop by and say hello. They've really slowed things down now by the looks of it. Thats pakistanis for you - from one extreme to the other, the visas were being issued within 3 weeks in March, and now it looks like 3 months :^)

Let me know if I can help with anything, as I have gone through this process myself.

Zak.

Henah

Post by Henah » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi.. my husband is going to submit our case tmro (at Mirp) I wanted to ask will they ask him any questions etc when he goes to submit the case??? Can anyone share thr exp?

Thanks

Duas please

1mani_uk
Newly Registered

Post by 1mani_uk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi anyone know where in Leeds I can get housing report done?

Most estate agents dont even know about accommodation report,

Does it have to conform to 1984 housing act?

what did you guys ask for when getting the housing report?

Also if you have telenor pay as you go sim in Pak, can you get itemised bill if you pay them? Do I need to attach that with application?

Many thanks in advance

newbie21

Post by newbie21 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Henah wrote:Hi.. my husband is going to submit our case tmro (at Mirp) I wanted to ask will they ask him any questions etc when he goes to submit the case??? Can anyone share thr exp?

Thanks

Duas please
i dont think they ask any questions.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Henah wrote:Hi.. my husband is going to submit our case tmro (at Mirp) I wanted to ask will they ask him any questions etc when he goes to submit the case??? Can anyone share thr exp?

Thanks

Duas please
Hi Henah, my wife submitted her case in March at the Mirpur VAC. She said that they didnt question her as such but as the staff submitting her case was female they had a giggle at some of the contents e.g. photographs. Don't think your husband will have this problem though.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Aoq SF786 & Rhussain07

I hope you hear good news, has your status online changed yet or is it still the same.

Rhussain07 what date did you submit and where?

Praying for you and every1 inshallah!
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi
This is also called property inspection report and it should mention housing act 1984.This is not a big deal.Yours estate agent would send some man to inspect property.He would measures all rooms and kicthen and can take house pictures(somes only take measure..no pic).

He would describe property like Ground floor room1 measure
Londge
kitched measure 13-4 inch
bath room

Floor1

Bed1
bed2

This is simply a description of house and its measure.You should explain to estate agent what he has to done.They charge from &50 to 100 pounds.

Ali

SF786

Post by SF786 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Walaikumsalam NAZ786 sorry about late reply sis! Unfortunately status has still not changed. It has been over 14 weeks for us now. Emailed UKHub and they sent standard email saying they have contacted Islamabad to ask what is causing the delay and told me to wait another 2 weeks before contacting them again :(

How about you sis what stage is your application at?

May Allah make it easy for us all and give us good news very soon. Ameen
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks

Duas please
They dont ask question.But can reject photographs(saying this is not upto standard) or can ask for more photocopies especially N.I card copy.

They are just a courier not a decision makers.

Ali

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 pm

RHussain07 wrote: Salam

I take it you've still not had an update!!! waiting is getting hard now given its bin so long..i'll do dua for you. pls dont think negatively about their reply...u know you get a variety of people monitoring the ukhub inbox...some people just wont give the decision and whats some1 does that, its says a precedent that others may not want to break...i would say the time its taking is a good sign that its in the correct pile of passports (to be processed with visas).

keep doing dua. agree its getting v.tough now.
I try not to be negative...but sometimes as you know it can be hard, its like my life is literally on hold for the last 15 weeks, I've been to Pakistan and back in that amount of time for 6 weeks hoping we would come back together but Unfortunately they made the decision but no passport. I get the feeling the same person is emailing me back every time, you can tell in the email he/ she sends me... Never mind, my duas are wid you too, Hope allah swt hears your's + everybody's prayers during Ramadhan and gives everybody Sabar...Inshallah you will hear good news soon.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:20 am

alikhan28 wrote:Hi
This is also called property inspection report and it should mention housing act 1984.This is not a big deal.Yours estate agent would send some man to inspect property.He would measures all rooms and kicthen and can take house pictures(somes only take measure..no pic).

He would describe property like Ground floor room1 measure
Londge
kitched measure 13-4 inch
bath room

Floor1

Bed1
bed2

This is simply a description of house and its measure.You should explain to estate agent what he has to done.They charge from &50 to 100 pounds.

Ali
Its the Housing Act 1985 not 84. You will need photos of house to show its condition internally and externally are fit to live in :roll:

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 am

Zak_K wrote:

Thanks

Duas please
Hi Henah, my wife submitted her case in March at the Mirpur VAC. She said that they didnt question her as such but as the staff submitting her case was female they had a giggle at some of the contents e.g. photographs. Don't think your husband will have this problem though.
Hi Henah Ive had experience 1st hand as I went to the mirpur office myself with my mrs. make sure you have all the docs and photo copies of all the file. Make 3 copies 2 for them and one for yourself in case anything gets lost atleast you have back up.

The staff where female and had a laugh and joke with my mrs etc and looking at pics, if you have pics of you after marriage example outtings, trips etc pls include them in because I included them in, just about 4-5 the lady checking the file said to my mrs good you included these cos she mentioned a case a few weeks ago whom didnt attach these and it got refused etc along with some other evidence.

The lady did question like are you still in contact with your husband? not questioning as a formal interview but just in a laugh and a joke way asking questions as she went through the file. REMEBER they dont make the decision they just check the file see what you have clip together and send off. I had mine in order but they just ripped it apart and took it out of plastic pockets and just just a big CLIP to hold it together. My Mrs walked out with all my wallets, envelopes etc. I was upset.

They charge extra more than the fee so ensure you have a few extra 100 rupees as the bank require extra payment also the passport size photos have to be exact size and distance as my mrs had to retake them inside, even though we got them done from a proper place whom process photos. Takes about 1.30 hours approx to 3 hrs depending on queue. If he gets there early just go in as I told my Mrs go in 2 hours before her appointment and they let her in. With it being Ramadan it states they close at 12pm? this is on the Gerrys website.

He alone can only go in so rest family members will have to wait outside. There are people who stand on the street asking you we can check your file dont be fooled by them and dont hand over your file, as without you knowing they will take bits out. Plenty of con men there. There are photo copy machines inside as they check the file and will go through it with your hubby. If need be he can make copies inside accordingly as to what they want.
Make sure copies are on A4 as in pakistan majority use the legal paper so my Mrs had to get half the file re-copied. They wont let you take anything in with you bags,phones etc
They search you then check your file and then give a token to go and make the payment which is inside the building and then do biometrics then, issue you a receipt which you will need to keep safe as it will have the ref number on it.

Any questions pls ask hope info was useful.
All the best
Last edited by K44MYY on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
K44MYY

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:12 am

1mani_uk wrote:Hi anyone know where in Leeds I can get housing report done?

Does it have to conform to 1984(1985) housing act?

Also if you have telenor pay as you go sim in Pak, can you get itemised bill if you pay them? Do I need to attach that with application?
Well i had enquired myself regarding the telenor network phone bills if you are using a pay as you go sim card and talked to the manager at telenor headquarter in Islamabad and asked him if there is a way to get the itemised paper billing for the pay as you go sim so he clearly told me that unfortunately it is NOT possible as it is against the company's policy(ONLY in Pakistan) to give out some one's calling history :(

Many thanks in advance
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:42 am

navalaviator wrote:
1mani_uk wrote:Hi anyone know where in Leeds I can get housing report done?

Does it have to conform to 1984(1985) housing act?

Well i had enquired myself regarding the telenor network phone bills if you are using a pay as you go sim card and talked to the manager at telenor headquarter in Islamabad and asked him if there is a way to get the itemised paper billing for the pay as you go sim so he clearly told me that unfortunately it is NOT possible as it is against the company's policy(ONLY in Pakistan) to give out some one's calling history :(

Many thanks in advance
1mani_uk u tried your local Council for report? if not then go to a Solicitor whom can do this for you also.If you have family friend whom knows of a Solicitor who can put a report together for you. In the report they do mention the housing Act as not being over crowded and the dwellings of the house etc they calculate in units persons living there etc and then mention act as then stating that another person can live there without it being over crowded.

About itemised billing on a pay and go sim. Its virtully impossible as I have just got back from pakistan. I tried myself getting itemised bill from Ufone, they dont offer it no matter what you say and would pay them. A few people i know tried also. Any evidence you can provide for keeping in touch do attach it your application.

What I can suggest would be for you to go to a PCO close to your home in Pak and use their call facilities and ask them to do you a letter stating that such and such person is a regular user of our call office and stating which numbers are dialled on a regular basis. Get it signed/stamped and dated. This would then be evidence towards your partner calling you from abroad.

Im sure the ECO know that not everyone can afford pay monthly phones. Make sure you provide evidence of how you kept in touch.
What you can use is email, letters, Cards be it birthday,Anniversary,I love you cards etc, anything to show you have a caring and subsiding relationship. My friends brother in laws got refused a while back on the basis they didnt believe the relationship was genuine even though they had a child. Everyone cases are individual.

WHAT evidence are your providing for calling abroad?

Any questions pls PM me

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 am

anyone know if gerrys is open today and tomorrow?