ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years for ILR rule implemented

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:13 pm

I have emailed Home office and HSMP team. Will post their reply when they get back to me..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

ILPA FLR/ILR seminar

Post by RobinLondon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:00 pm

I spoke with ILPA this morning. I was informed that the meeting was oversubscribed. The woman was personally shocked by the interest in the event. She put me on the waiting list if someone cancels. However, she also told me that they will be running a duplicate session within the month.

I would like to attend this. If you would like to contribute to the cost and/or attend with me, please send me a private message with your e-mail address. Thanks.

-Rob

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

Post by djbabyboom » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:25 pm

Timefactor, could you please submit the petition link as a new post? So far there have been just 82 signatures collected, too few for the time is against us!

morerightsformigrants

Post by morerightsformigrants » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 pm

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 pm

timefactor wrote:you are right. no traces of the news published on 13-03-06.
Kavik wrote:I've just checked IND website now. IND site responds after 5 mins of accessing the page. There is no such news on their website. As you said I'm sending them a message now. But I don't think they will reply to emails on same day.
supertiger wrote:can anyone lucky enough on their site send them a message: if they can kindly make an official announcement to clarify the situation?
It is there, under the Announcements section, NOT in the Press Release section.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm

I could not open site now. Could send us in detail what they metioned in Announcements?

Also I would like to tell the forum about my friend's experience today about visitng PEO WITHOUT appointment.
After standing in the que for 3 hours in the reception he has been told that CROYDON office is not accepting any applications without oppointment itseems. But luckly he was offered appointment for tomorrow inteh same PEO(which he couldn't get it by calling CROYDON PEO.).
lynn132 wrote:
timefactor wrote:It is there, under the Announcements section, NOT in the Press Release section.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:17 pm

Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Bill receives royal assent
I am here: Home > News > Press releases and announcements > Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Bill receives royal assent

30 March 2006

Important new measures to boost Government powers to tackle illegal working and strengthen UK borders became law today.

Having received Royal Assent the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality (IAN) Act, will enable Government to implement the promises it made in its five year strategy for immigration and asylum published in 2005 which require primary legislation.

Provisions in the Act will:

* restrict appeals for those refused entry to the UK to work or study. The UK will continue to welcome to the UK genuine migrants who meet the transparent and objective criteria set out under the Government?s Points-Based System for managed migration;

* tackle illegal working through a new civil penalties scheme for employers by introducing fines of up to £2,000 per illegal employee, custodial sentences of up to two-years and unlimited fines for those found knowingly to use or exploit illegal workers;

* strengthen our borders by allowing data sharing between the Immigration Service, police and customs, as part of the e-Borders programme. It will support the global roll-out of fingerprinting visa applicants by giving powers to Immigration Officers to verify identity against biometrics contained in travel documents; and

* respond to new security threats by denying asylum to terrorists; improving our ability to strip citizenship from and deport those who pose a serious risk to the UK's interests; and speed up the appeals process in national security deportation cases.

Immigration Minister Tony McNulty said:

"I am very pleased to have seen the IAN Bill pass successfully through Parliament and that I am able to announce the introduction of these new provisions into law today following Royal Assent.

"These measures take further the already good progress the Government has made in implementing its five year strategy on immigration and asylum, which will deliver a system that is strictly controlled, fair and works in the economic interests of Britain.

"The provisions within the Act will help the Government in dealing with people who pose a threat to the UK's national security, continue our work to strengthen and modernise our borders using new technology, develop closer working between border control agencies and restrict the right of those refused entry to challenge a decision.

"At the same time we will ensure migration is managed to meet the UK?s economic needs, while being robust against abuse. The new civil penalties scheme will help to ensure those people who benefit from the contribution migrant workers make also share responsibility for making our immigration system work effectively. These measures build on the Government's plans to implement a new points-based system for managing migration into the UK, which we set out in March this year, to ensure that we benefit from the skills that migrants can bring to our economy."

The Government will begin introducing provisions within the Act in June, with full implementation not expected until 2008.
THANKS

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:37 pm

I hope this is not the end..
we really need to fight for this.
THANKS

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:12 pm

Got a similar reply from HSMP team, which says:

Dear Sir

Current visa holders are not affected by the changes.

Regards

HSMP Team
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

sowhat

Post by sowhat » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:18 pm

indian_in_uk wrote:Got a similar reply from HSMP team, which says:

Dear Sir

Regards

HSMP Team
so you are the third person I heard of who's got this response from them. I wonder if it is just a lack of co-ordination between different teams or they know what they are talking about...

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:41 pm

what is happening .. why there is so much confusion.
THANKS

try-one
Member of Standing

SAME REPLY

Post by try-one » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:24 pm

THIS IS THE ANSWER FROM HOME OFFICE (as far as I know, this is considered an official document):

"Dear Sir

Regards

HSMP Team
"

THIS WAS MY QUESTION:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxxxxxxx[SMTP:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com]
> Sent: 29 March 2006 12:11
> To: hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
> Subject: HSMP - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- xxxxx June xxxxx
>
> Dear Caseworker;
> My name is xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx, born xxxx June xxxxx.
> I was issued a Entry Clearance based on a Work Permit on the
xxxx/xxx/xxxxxx;
> then I switched to HSMP on the xxx/xxxx/xxxx. I have kept my residence in the UK since 2002 and was planning to apply for ILR in a few months.
> I just realised the changes on the ILR requirements to start on the
3rd of April.
> My question is: Would it be possible for the Home Office to consider
my ILR application in April under the old ILR requirements even if I
haven't completed the 4 years stay in the UK (sending the application before the 3rd april)?
> Please let me know your comments and suggestions on this matter,
> Thank you
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:34 pm

The mail contradicts what is publised in the website...... I must say something in Hindi......ye andar ki baat hai :wink: .....
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

timefactor
Member of Standing

Re: SAME REPLY

Post by timefactor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:11 pm

This could be considered as an authentic doc IMHO. Once we had a case with client, where solicitors took all e-mail correspondence as proof.
try-one wrote:THIS IS THE ANSWER FROM HOME OFFICE (as far as I know, this is considered an official document):

"Dear Sir

Regards

HSMP Team
"

THIS WAS MY QUESTION:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxxxxxxx[SMTP:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com]
> Sent: 29 March 2006 12:11
> To: hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
> Subject: HSMP - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- xxxxx June xxxxx
>
> Dear Caseworker;
> My name is xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx, born xxxx June xxxxx.
> I was issued a Entry Clearance based on a Work Permit on the
xxxx/xxx/xxxxxx;
> then I switched to HSMP on the xxx/xxxx/xxxx. I have kept my residence in the UK since 2002 and was planning to apply for ILR in a few months.
> I just realised the changes on the ILR requirements to start on the
3rd of April.
> My question is: Would it be possible for the Home Office to consider
my ILR application in April under the old ILR requirements even if I
haven't completed the 4 years stay in the UK (sending the application before the 3rd april)?
> Please let me know your comments and suggestions on this matter,
> Thank you
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:15 pm

Just saw a comment in online petition. HSMP guidance document Page 19, question and answers 24.9 and 24.10 mentioned this

24.9 Q: What if the scheme changes?
A: As with any immigration scheme we reserve the right to adapt some of the criteria or documentation associated with the scheme and will inform you via our websites of any such changes. All applications will be treated on the basis of the HSMP provisions at the time that they were submitted.

24.10 Q: I have already applied successfully under HSMP. How does the revised HSMP affect me?
A: Not at all. It is important to note that once you have entered under the programme you are in a category that has an avenue to settlement. Those who have already entered under HSMP will be allowed to stay and apply for settlement after four years qualifying residence regardless of these revisions to HSMP

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/Skilled%20Migrant.pdf

Any thougts experts?

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:29 pm

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:17 pm

Well, I guess we are in for some nice legal battle.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

abcd1

Post by abcd1 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:54 am

What the hell is going on???

Someone says current visa holders are not affected, someone says everyone is affected.....

Why the newspapers and TV news channels are silent over it???

Even junior school kids will run a project which is better than HO's performance!

Damn!

Eugene_UK

Post by Eugene_UK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:01 pm

May be it applies to those who are on HSMP only? Although it is said "for all employment related categories".
"Current visa holders": HSMP visa holders or WP visa holders?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:09 pm

:idea: it looks like!

Also in the Q&A section of news announcement, (paragraph 7)there is no ref. on HSMP. All of the guys got the same reply from HSMP team that "you are not affected"
Eugene_UK wrote:May be it applies to those who are on HSMP only? Although it is said "for all employment related categories".
"Current visa holders": HSMP visa holders or WP visa holders?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Eugene_UK

Post by Eugene_UK » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:17 pm

But HSMP is definately employment related category. Can anyone call their lawyer to clarify please?I will call mine.
And HSMP holders, please post the news if there are any. Did anybody call HO again?
But returning to the topic - it was not said "all current visa holders"...they meant HSMP visa holders only?
I think we need more news!

gidget
Newly Registered

5 year Ancestry visa

Post by gidget » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi Guys,

The Ancestry visa situation has changed again as of this morning. All people who apply from 3 April get a five year visa. The extension is 5 years. One of the home office's reasons for not allowing a five year visa in the first place was 5 years is too long to be out of contact with the authorities. I understand that there is to be some sort of protest against this happening and i would definately be involved with that! I am caught by these changes to it is completely rubbish.

sowhat

Post by sowhat » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:19 pm

I've got a letter from my MP yesterday. The usual stuff that he would send my concerns to the Immigration Minister and let me know about his response.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:52 pm

this is what i got from
Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 1016
I am here: Home > News > Press releases and announcements > Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 1016

31 March 2006

Indefinite leave to remain for a work permit holder

134. Indefinite leave to remain may be granted, on application, to a person admitted as a work permit holder provided:

(i) he has spent a continuous period of 4 years in the United Kingdom in this capacity; and

(ii) he has met the requirements of paragraph 131, 131A, 131B, 131C, 131D, 131E or 131F throughout the 4 year period; and

(iii) he is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer.

i m totally confused
THANKS

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:55 pm

THANKS